Bumblefoot To Focus On Solo Career

I heard Team Brazil are paying some guitar lessons to one of those young supermodels Axl hired to be in the first row of his concerts a while ago.

I heard TB are paying some guitar lessons to themselves 'cause no one wants to join GNR

*Beta already know how to handle a bass

• Like 2

where do we get that Axl is looking for a female GNR guitarist?

Maybe something about having a piece of ass for rehearsal, the road, and behind the stage... or maybe he wants to perform rocket queen more accurately.

that's so ABBA. Maybe they can replace Rocket Queen for Dancing Queen.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGTdGkHZX48 I guess this is the band that Bumbles been working with. I can't see this being anything more than a side project with maybe a small tour or just occasional one offs, I don't think there's a worldwide market for it... Just imagine bumblefoot playing with body count or biohazard and you're half way there... at least that's the first impression. I wouldn't leave GnR for this.

If Ron truly is out I can't think of a better time for a reunion. What is Axl gonna do? Go through all the bullshit of ANOTHER lead guitar player? Just to play the same setlist? Come on! Its not like the current band lives and breathes on GNR anyways,

DJ- Has Sixx AM and his shitty media company, could even form a new band if he really wanted to

Richard- Has his work with random pop stars, session work, Dead Daisies

Tommy- Has his solo stuff, The Replacements, and alcohol. Doesn't seem to give a fuck about GNR anyways

Dizzy- Has the Dead Daisies and his bar bands. I guess he could bandwagon onto the reunion if he really tried

Chris- No idea, but its not like he does much with GNR anyways

Frank- Another no idea, but he should be thrilled he's had the ride he has

Point is, most of these guys have other things going on and none of them seem too invested in Guns N' Roses now anyways. If Axl called them and said "thank you so much, but its time I call up Slash and co." I doubt they'd be hurt. In fact, they may have a sense of relief. I can't say I blame them. In like, 2010, they all seemed a lot more enthusiastic and had better chemistry but the past few years seem to have taken their toll on them and its no secret these guys aren't exactly the best of friends in real life. I mean, Tommy straight up left for half a year and was totally cool with Duff stepping in. If he was so passionate about GNR, he wouldn't have done that. Now, if this "band" could actively write and record and release a record of stuff they made, things would be different. That won't happen, though, and their best hope is a record of 10 year old material that a lot of them had no part in writing. Why should they care about this "band"?

I love NuGNR and I love ChiDem, I am very grateful for the time and memories I spent dedicated to following them. Its been a hell of a ride! I still like GNR, of course, and would have fun seeing them and would even be very happy to get new music, but the passion for myself and a lot of others died out a lot. The fact that there isn't a trace of new material (live or studio) 6 years after Chinese speaks volumes. It shows Axl is content with GNR being a nostalgia act now, which is the complete opposite of what NuGNR was supposed to be. Hell, I don't even mind nostalgia acts! I've seen Aerosmith, Van Halen, AC/DC, The Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, and countless other legacy acts that are considered "nostalgia bands". The difference here is that those bands at least do it with their core lineups.

If you are going to be a nostalgia act, why not do it with the guys that made that music? Reunite the fucking band, idiots!

So yeah, my opinion in a TLDR -

NuGNR- Great! Keep this lineup IF you want to tread new ground and release new music. Release ChiDem II leftovers to appease us and then write a new album with this band (haha, this will NEVER happen). Touring the same set with a few rarities is so lame if you aren't doing it with the real band.

Reunion- Want to be a nostalgia act like you are now? (Vegas, same set, no new songs) Great! Do it with the guys that made the majority of the music that you're playing. You play with Duff and Izzy, just fucking suck it up and mend shit with Slash. Keep Dizzy on board for his keyboard parts, and get Matt and Steven to do the drums. It'll be the ultimate nostalgia, cash- grab extravaganza and I'd be totally cool with that.

Edited by ZoSoRose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGTdGkHZX48 I guess this is the band that Bumbles been working with. I can't see this being anything more than a side project with maybe a small tour or just occasional one offs, I don't think there's a worldwide market for it... Just imagine bumblefoot playing with body count or biohazard and you're half way there... at least that's the first impression. I wouldn't leave GnR for this.

Didn't know about this at all, so thanks for the heads up. I'm a big Run DMC fan, so I'll definitely give it a listen later.

I won't believe that Bumblefoot is out of Axl's band until Axl's management or Axl himself make an official statement where they blatantly blame Bumblefoot for everything.

I'm looking forward to that moment.

If/when it's announced that he's out, I have no doubt in my mind that exactly what you're saying will happen.

I'm assuming it'll be a Bucket style statement about how they were on the brink of greatness until that dastardly Bumblefoot put a wrench in the works.

• Like 1

That letter about Bucket is so fucking infuriating.

Agreed. Axl did just about everything he could in that press release to ensure that Bucket never return. Attacked the hell out of his character. Smart move Ax. :rolleyes:

Edited by sofine11

Hot off the presses:

http://www.ueginc.com/portfolio/art-of-anarchy/

Poised to become one of the biggest new bands of 2015, Art of Anarchy is redefining the rock supergroup. Meet the “mega group” – band members are rock legends in their own right with over 150 million in sales. Promising over-the-top songs that break rock music boundaries with an all-or-nothing attitude, star power and bring-down-the-house performances, this mega band promises to transform a new generation into rock enthusiasts and die-hard “Anarchists”.

Art Of Anarchy members are some of rock’s heaviest hitters and most versatile musicians. Iconic front man, Scott Weiland with his instantly identifiable voice needs no introduction. He is known as one of rock’s most adroit and ever-evolving vocalists. Lead guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal from Guns N’ Roses, bassist John Moyer of Disturbed and twin brothers Jon Votta on lead guitar and Vince Votta on drums promise extreme, uncompromising musicianship that rings in a new era for rock music.

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 4

Scott weiland!!!!??? I thought bumble had sense! but this is just mad, as bad as GnR are may be there's no way Weiland is the better of the two. Didn't Slash and co make the same move after Axl!? jesus bumble, way to throw the career down the drain this is going to end with weiland throwing wobblies on stage, not turning up, bumble having to sing and the bands eventual break up... and people will remember the ex-gnr guitarist folling in the same footsteps of the other more famous ex-GnR guitarist.

Open to hearing the music but I can't believe he'd jump into to bed with such a well documented mess like Weiland. And yes, you can't believe everything you read in the press but with weiland he has known drug issues and the VR guys al say that he became intolerable when they started to make waves... fame doesn't suit the guy, can't handle it.

Edited by Tom2112