Bumblefoot To Focus On Solo Career

Weiland may be a notorious trainwreck but at least he releases music on a regular basis.

Come on the music he releases is calculated and all about making some $$$ the last STP record with him was weak and his solo efforts have been more than a bit disappointing. Axl has toured since late-2009 on CD but that's not uncommon, look at metallica they've been touring consistently since Death Magnetic only now returning to the studio this January. Axl and GNR love the $$$ too, and to make money you have to tour. When you do release something, all that matters is that it's a good piece of music, in the scheme of things it doesn't really matter if it takes 6 years to come out, I'd much rather wait a little longer than getting a shitty album or two every second year (not calling art of anarchy's album shit I haven't heard it in full), obviously I'd prefer to get a good album every 2nd year but at the level that bands like Metallica or GnR operate at it costs a lot of money to take an entire team off the road for a year or 6 months while making a new record.

You guys wanted Bumblefoot to stay in Axl's band and Scott Weiland back in Velvet Revolver, all you got was Bumblefoot and Scott in a different, new band. It's just great! :lol:

All we need now is a Slash + Bumble tour with Rod Jackson on vocals.

With Bumble forming another band is this another sign he's through with Guns? I mean with his solo career this is two projects now.

Huge fan of Bumble and Scott so I'll check the album out when it comes. The thing is though, it seems Scott's still a pretty unstable guy so you do have to wonder how long this is going to last...

With Bumble forming another band is this another sign he's through with Guns? I mean with his solo career this is two projects now.

Huge fan of Bumble and Scott so I'll check the album out when it comes. The thing is though, it seems Scott's still a pretty unstable guy so you do have to wonder how long this is going to last...

Does bumble have to come and tell you he's out? I think its painfully obvious no?

• Like 1

I won't believe that Bumblefoot is out of Axl's band until Axl's management or Axl himself make an official statement where they blatantly blame Bumblefoot for everything.

I'm looking forward to that moment.

I dunno, maybe he's past that. He was pretty even keel when Robin and Brain left. Robin's departure seemed to be somewhat iffy and up in the air for a while, and he'd criticized the band (or at least the show cancellations) too, and there wasn't even any press release rant there...perhaps this will be the same.

Scott's also got a bunch of dates through the winter into spring. It's just funny that Weiland's not just working with brothers, but twin brothers. I assume Eddie Trunk knows who these guys are - all I know is I looked them up and Bernie Madoff's name came up *L*

Maybe it takes a bunch of New Yorkers to kick Weiland's ass into gear.

Edited by dalsh327

You guys wanted Bumblefoot to stay in Axl's band and Scott Weiland back in Velvet Revolver, all you got was Bumblefoot and Scott in a different, new band. It's just great! :lol:

All we need now is a Slash + Bumble tour with Rod Jackson on vocals.

That would be fucking awesome. Add Tommy Lee and I' m in.
  • Like 1

New plan: Axl must buy Disneyland, give it to bucket, bring him back to GNR, huge opening concert at newly bought Disneyland, and finish what you started!

Hopefully Bumble is done with GNR. I don't think he brought anything special to the band, I don't care for his solo stuff, and I think as honest as he's been in the past he's been a pain to cater to.

But he did great on all the tours so congrats. Thanks for doing it and being a part of GNR. Good luck on whatever else you have ahead of you,

Does bumble have to come and tell you he's out? I think its painfully obvious no?

It definitely looks obvious, but it's not over 'til the fat lady sings... as they say. While he still uses the GNR tag people are going to wonder "is he in, is this a legitimate project, does he want to tour consistently with this, does this mean he's 100% out of GNR" until Axl/GNR or Bumble officially come out and say that he's gone there's going to be speculation... all signs point to his exit but It needs to be clarified, I think it's pretty shitty of GnR and Bumble to keep die hard/fanatic GNR fans hanging on this. Both parties have been bombarded with the same question for months now it's time for them to show their cards as both are aware of the speculation.

If Double talkin' jive... comes back into the set I think we know how the intro speech will go... :P

Edited by Tom2112

It definitely looks obvious, but it's not over 'til the fat lady sings... as they say. While he still uses the GNR tag people are going to wonder "is he in, is this a legitimate project, does he want to tour consistently with this, does this mean he's 100% out of GNR" until Axl/GNR or Bumble officially come out and say that he's gone there's going to be speculation... all signs point to his exit but It needs to be clarified, I think it's pretty shitty of GnR and Bumble to keep die hard/fanatic GNR fans hanging on this. Both parties have been bombarded with the same question for months now it's time for them to show their cards as both are aware of the speculation.

If Double talkin' jive... comes back into the set I think we know how the intro speech will go... :P

Well you can sit in wait, today's announcement is pretty clear.

Well you can sit in wait, today's announcement is pretty clear.

Clear on one thing, he's still advertised as a gnr member. I'm not saying you're wrong or anything... I think it's more, and more likely that our suspicions are correct, but we've seen a lot of crazy things happen with GnR, Ron staying after all this wouldn't be that surprising.

Reading in between the lines of everything that's been said publicly, this statement about a new project would lead you to believe that the speculation is true and he's out. As I said, we'll wait and see.

Fair point! Just wish he or Guns would come out and say it.

It'a always possible that they are trying to woo Ron back. IIRC they tried to get Buckethead back for years after he'd left, despite that scathing press relrease about him. BBF wasn't announced in Guns N Roses until right before those 2006 Hammerstein gigs, and there was a clause that if Buckethead wanted to return, he was out.

Since the band isn't actually doing anything and no tours are booked, they might not feel there's much of a point about saying anything officially, anyway.

Edited by stella

It is greatly depressing. The same old air and innuendo again. I am so sick of this crap and this drama queensih stuff. Surely he know that what speculation and endless yak yak yak this sort of comments create. You are either in or out. Please clearly state what is your position or shut it. Thanks.

Del James just tweeted this

@deljamesgang: My how well behaved you all are said the tour manager never. @DjASHBA @richardfortus @tommy_stinson @axlrose @gunsnroses @CPitmanofficial

No bumblefoot, proof enough that he's quit

Do Dizzy or the drummer have Twatter or did Del James forget to tag those two?