The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

It's aways that way. Last year there were 3 penalties in the March fixture, at least 2 Barca ones were dives and the other Madrid one was questionable.

Madrid should still be ahead on head-to-head since they won 3-1 earlier in the season, but I doubt they'll finish on the same point tally this season. Barca 4 points clear with 10 games to go.

Look's like Carlo has to become the first manager to retain the Champions League to keep his job.

On the otherhand if Madrid sack him, who on earth are they going to replace him with?

• 2 weeks later...

No you won't, you'll bottle it before then. I reckon City are gonna figure a lot heavily than people give em credit for, there is WAY too much talent in that squad for them to go out like that. As far as my lot, anyones fuckin' guess, depends what team turn up from game to game. Chelsea have got it locked really, quite frankly, I mean they'd really have to chuck it away.

I reckon City are gonna figure a lot heavily than people give em credit for, there is WAY too much talent in that squad for them to go out like that.

That being said, they seem kind of spineless at the moment, or sort of like their spirit is pretty low.

I reckon City are gonna figure a lot heavily than people give em credit for, there is WAY too much talent in that squad for them to go out like that.

That being said, they seem kind of spineless at the moment, or sort of like their spirit is pretty low.

What do you think is going on over there? There's a lot of chat of the lads not getting on with Pelligrini. Remember Kompany was coming off, the boards were up and he just waved Mangala (i think thats how you spell it) off. This was taken as a massive fuckin' like...indicator of how the manager ain't at the reins. Personally i think thats just the onlookers overstating a minor little thing but if not that then what? Talents certainly there, can't say any expense has been spared in putting the team together, there's a decent core of players that have played with each other a long time, they can't exactly be jaded because yeah they're the champions but they ain't exactly an all conquering Bayern. So then what is it?

What do you think is going on over there? There's a lot of chat of the lads not getting on with Pelligrini. Remember Kompany was coming off, the boards were up and he just waved Mangala (i think thats how you spell it) off. This was taken as a massive fuckin' like...indicator of how the manager ain't at the reins. Personally i think thats just the onlookers overstating a minor little thing but if not that then what? Talents certainly there, can't say any expense has been spared in putting the team together, there's a decent core of players that have played with each other a long time, they can't exactly be jaded because yeah they're the champions but they ain't exactly an all conquering Bayern. So then what is it?

If Pellegrini's lost the locker room, they're just gonna keep sliding and he's not gonna be around next year. IF they beat United though, it could boost morale immensely.

If Pellegrini's lost the locker room, they're just gonna keep sliding and he's not gonna be around next year. IF they beat United though, it could boost morale immensely.

Its an intriguing match innit? Out of form City vs only just back in form United. Whatcha reckon?

Only just back in form United?

They've been playing shit all season, but they're been winning plenty of games.

I mean in terms of like, looking and playing the part, on the pitch. Not looking shaky. Perhaps form was the wrong word to use. Not playing shit, there you go!

Fuck off lucky!!! lol nah we just needed time to gel new boss new players new staff ect

I see RVP is reaping the benefits of moving to the team the child in him was crying out for too :lol:

Sure didn't look like a draw on the pitch. Kompany was massively fortunate to stay on.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/12/manchester-united-really-are-back-as-juan-mata-and-marouane-fellaini-score-offside-goals-v-manchester-city-5146910/

Tell me they ain't offside, hand on heart now.

If that got flagged, some other chance would've gone in, lord knows they had enough to score more.

Your match yesterday was far more even than this, and should've been a draw.

Edited by moreblack

Sure didn't look like a draw on the pitch. Kompany was massively fortunate to stay on.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/12/manchester-united-really-are-back-as-juan-mata-and-marouane-fellaini-score-offside-goals-v-manchester-city-5146910/

Tell me they ain't offside, hand on heart now.

If that got flagged, some other chance would've gone in, lord knows they had enough to score more.

Sorry, what? :lol: All those other ones that didn't suddenly would've because the ref got a desicion right? C'mon man :lol:

But yeah, i should be more worried about my lot than yours, despite our form and winning run, if I'm not mistaken we got the FA semi whilst you lot have got Chelsea yeah? So if you lot win thats you lot at the No 2 spot, leaving us to face Chelsea the next weekend, which we'll more than likely lose and find ourselves at third again. OR...if Chelsea beat you lot thats Chelsea with more ground on us. There's just no fuckin' winning, is there? And these are the only fixtures likely to do any damage.

Gotta say I'm gonna be rooting for Chelsea, I'd rather they get further clear of us and then just cross my fingers for the rest of their fixtures than have United going above us and us ending up third.

Your match yesterday was far more even than this, and should've been a draw.

Based on what? We controlled that game, they didn't get a look in first half. I'm saying yours should've been a draw based on clear cut wrong desicions by the ref, you're saying it based on the rewards you feel their efforts should've reaped, huge difference.
Edited by Len B'stard