The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

...and meanwhile, goals galore by Argie bargie in the Copa America.

We are all watching the wrong competition!

Funnily enough i watched the Argies v Venezuela and it was a cracker, wanted to watch em shag the yanks but i had to be up early today and kick off was 2am.

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Funnily enough i watched the Argies v Venezuela and it was a cracker, wanted to watch em shag the yanks but i had to be up early today and kick off was 2am.

Don't you stay up for boxing matches are 5am?

I want a Japanese world cup again. 7am drinking.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Don't you stay up for boxing matches are 5am?

I want a Japanese world cup again. 7am drinking.

Not when i gotta be London at 8am for eye surgery.  Shame cuz it looks like Messi and the boys really turned em over.

That miss from Vardy on 17 mins. 

They hacked through. Hopefully when more adventurous teams play them they will get more space to play. 

England have a strong squad at least. Kane, Rooney, Sterling, Alli rested for next game. 

Spain lost. Hope this is the end of tika taka. 

Traitors!

i just don't know the players. Euros is like watching twisted Champs league games. 

I think once it goes to knock out the games might open up at some point. 

England will probably win this against Getmany in the final on penalties. 

6 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Not when i gotta be London at 8am for eye surgery.  Shame cuz it looks like Messi and the boys really turned em over.

USA really disappointed me. I expected a better match. They didn't even pressure to avoid the "dance off".

7 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

It could've been more. Argentina didn't score more because they didn't want to. Here's the highlights if you wanna see.

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/06/22/usa-vs-argentina-highlights-full-match/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I miss the 2004-2012 era of portugal, back when the team showed promise and Ronaldo didn't act like a panzy. This game they're currently playing against Hungary is just plain embarrassing for them.

It's no coincidence that stopped when Figo, Costa, Pinto etc started to drop off the team.

• Like 1

Second half of chile v Colombia delayed due to a lightning storm...I've never seen that happen in one of these games before.

edit: now they're just replaying the entire USA and Argentina game from last night lol.

Edited by rocknroll41

Hi, i don't know why I've never noticed this thread before. Argentina - Chile will be very interesting to watch. Hopefully, Messi will pull out a final match performance as good as the games he played in this cup. I mean, he really needs to have a great game and win something with the national team. He deserves that more than anyone in this country.

I hope we win but i don't have high expectations, last year was a real bummer