The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Aren't Arsenal the ultimate prawn sandwich club? I know they have the dearest season tickets by miles. You should be supporting a grotty lower league or non-league team.

I beg your pardon, what kind of schlepper do you take me for, i realise you're not my biographer but upon assessment i think you'll find that style and skill are a fundamental in all things Len, example:  Ali, Steve McQueen, The Sex Pistols (shut up, they had style! :lol: ), Michael Caine, Sugar Ray Robinson, The Who (tell me Mods weren't stylish!), the blues...skill, style, class, these are the things that wag my tail.  All exemplified by Arsenal, historically so as well as currently.

Oh, apparently the guy who founded Liverpool was an Orangeman.

See, i was right, paddys!

2 hours ago, The_Original_RK said:

You can't comment on things you don't see or know about. If he did, that's terrible as well. You three sinking to the lowest level of humanity is not doing any of you any favors.

He's been doing it for years; coming into this thread to mock dead people and then piss off into the night. When he had cancer the first time he posted all about it on this forum and got sympathy for a shitty situation that wasn't his fault, yet he happily mocks people who died through no fault of their own, no sympathy given. Fuck him.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I would have thought Pappy's club would be Chelsea, ''loads-a-money'', wanker supporters

You fucking take that back this fucking minute or I'll have you hunted to ground!

I've been supporting Liverpool for pushing on 30 years and would NEVER support such a club as Chelsea, and certainly not since they became a way of laundering stolen oil Billions from a gangster.

The "We are not English we are Scouse" thing is more to do with Liverpool's historic place in terms of being one of the biggest shipping areas in the world, with families from all over the globe coming and going and setting up homes, plus it is but a stone's throw from Ireland. Then, moving to more recent times, with the tearing down of the shipyards and docks, along with Thatcherism and the explosion in the south and implosion of the north, Liverpudlians have closed ranks. Add in the football success and media campaigns over Hillsborough and Scouse stereotypes in comedy sketches and many Scousers don't feel particularly want to feel a part of the larger nation as a whole.

2 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

You fucking take that back this fucking minute or I'll have you hunted to ground!

I've been supporting Liverpool for pushing on 30 years and would NEVER support such a club as Chelsea, and certainly not since they became a way of laundering stolen oil Billions from a gangster.

The "We are not English we are Scouse" thing is more to do with Liverpool's historic place in terms of being one of the biggest shipping areas in the world, with families from all over the globe coming and going and setting up homes, plus it is but a stone's throw from Ireland. Then, moving to more recent times, with the tearing down of the shipyards and docks, along with Thatcherism and the explosion in the south and implosion of the north, Liverpudlians have closed ranks. Add in the football success and media campaigns over Hillsborough and Scouse stereotypes in comedy sketches and many Scousers don't feel particularly want to feel a part of the larger nation as a whole.

It is too hilarious this, Pappy, a Northern hating Liverpool supporter haha!

Have you got a flat cap to go with your whippets? Do you eat Lancashire Hot Pot?

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Have you got a flat cap to go with your whippets? Do you eat Lancashire Hot Pot?

Northern hating? No, not so much. Just a particular type of northerner. Lenny knows which kind.

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yknow what the funny thing is, i never had no real idea of this on-going prejudice between North and South until i actually had an experience with Northerners that came down here or my family up North when i went there.  To a man, every last one, when the come down here they begin this comparison between North and South, with absolutely no prompting and its specific to like, Yorkshire and places like that.  Scousers dont really do it, Manc's do it a great deal for some reason, they'll just wonder about noticing shit going 'thats better up North, thats better up North, can you get scallop butties down here?', its like this inferiority complex, i remember walking round Moor Park which quite a rich area with big houses and that and the lad I'm with is like 'this aint all that, we got places like this in Bingley!'...seriously, Bingley, we're 200 yards from where Henry VIII sent his first missus, there aint a house on the street under 2 Mil (most are upwards by a mile!) and hes talking about Bingley!  And all this is totally unprompted.  I remember walking around Westminister and Waterloo with a mate Craig and hes standing in the shadow of history and he goes 'you can get three pizzas for a tenner in 'x' ' place :lol:

Everytime you go up there all they can talk about is Southern this and Southern that.  After a while i just started taking the piss out of em, all in good spirits and that but i haven't stopped since :lol:. Its only then, in my early to mid teens that i began to really notice this weird divide, being from the south and just subject to normal culture its not something i noticed or that was apparent to me, its literally something northerners shoved down my throat.  This odd sense of superiority thats a consequence of...what exactly, your life resembling Coronation Street?  Gods country and that!

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Yknow what the funny thing is, i never had no real idea of this on-going prejudice between North and South until i actually had an experience with Northerners that came down here or my family up North when i went there.  To a man, every last one, when the come down here they begin this comparison between North and South, with absolutely no prompting and its specific to like, Yorkshire and places like that.  Scousers dont really do it, Manc's do it a great deal for some reason, they'll just wonder about noticing shit going 'thats better up North, thats better up North, can you get scallop butties down here?', its like this inferiority complex, i remember walking round Moor Park which quite a rich area with big houses and that and the lad I'm with is like 'this aint all that, we got places like this in Bingley!'...seriously, Bingley, we're 200 yards from where Henry VIII sent his first missus, there aint a house on the street under 2 Mil (most are upwards by a mile!) and hes talking about Bingley!  And all this is totally unprompted.  I remember walking around Westminister and Waterloo with a mate Craig and hes standing in the shadow of history and he goes 'you can get three pizzas for a tenner in 'x' ' place :lol:

Everytime you go up there all they can talk about is Southern this and Southern that.  After a while i just started taking the piss out of em, all in good spirits and that but i haven't stopped since :lol:. Its only then, in my early to mid teens that i began to really notice this weird divide, being from the south and just subject to normal culture its not something i noticed or that was apparent to me, its literally something northerners shoved down my throat.  This odd sense of superiority thats a consequence of...what exactly, your life resembling Coronation Street?  Gods country and that!

Conversely southerners are completely stupid about the north. Southerners all think the north is coal pits, terraced housing, poverty stricken. It has not been that way for years - if it was ever thoroughly that way. Total ignorance. I can name historic castle cities which have no resemblance to that stereotype. I can cite modern vibrant cities with some of the nation's premier concert venues, nightlife and hospitals. I can show you countryside of outstanding beauty, but, coal pits, Coronation Street, flat caps, whippets etc remains the dominate archetype for southerners!

You all make yourself look stupid and woefully under-traveled.

To be fair I am woefully under travelled :lol:  I love the North anyway, God bless yous, I'll just jump on any reason to cane someone.  It's hard not to like the North, some of my favourite films are set there, all the Kitchen Sink dramas, lots of bands i like, Beatles, Buzzcocks, Morrissey, The Smiths, I could go on, I'm sure you know, the usual suspects.  Just find it weird the way cousins of mine feel like they're in some eternal competition although I've taken it a bit too far, every time they come round i spend the entire time talking in a faux northern accent like AHHRITE ARR KID?  I'M JUS GOIN' T'SHOPS, WOULDJA LIKE ANYTHING THOUGH BUT?' :lol:

8 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Beautifully put.

:lol:

Can't think of anywhere I like to live in the UK other than Bristol. Maybe it is those stereotypes in

the other big cities is just tiresome. Although Bristol has the alright my lover types. But they seem so harmless and cider enhanced. It's rough I suppose but it's not got that historical nonsense. Also skunk. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wasted said:

Can't think of anywhere I like to live in the UK other than Bristol. Maybe it is those stereotypes in

the other big cities is just tiresome. Although Bristol has the alright my lover types. But they seem so harmless and cider enhanced. It's rough I suppose but it's not got that historical nonsense. Also skunk. 

Cary Grant anyone. You'll unfortunately have to support Gloucestershire.

10 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Apparently we've signed Granit Xhaka.  Rumours knocking about regarding Morata, Michitariyan.  I really want that Aubameyang.

Fine Londontown names.

Apparently my great grandad use to say, on modern football, ''poofs, there boots are made of cotton wool''. He would die a second time if he saw Christiano Ronaldo!!

How modern a game could he have seen?