The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

The Mackems essentially relegated The Toon. The Red and Whites will be happy about that.

Wouldn't want to meet these in a dark alley,

_89655232_newcastle_fans_tshirt_getty.jp

Even the kid looks evil haha.

Whenever Tyneside get relegated, this is what happens,

newcastle-united-fans-nufc-fans-newcastl

A lot of baldy tattooed hard nuts weeping like little girls.

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Mackems essentially relegated The Toon. The Red and Whites will be happy about that.

Wouldn't want to meet these in a dark alley,

_89655232_newcastle_fans_tshirt_getty.jp

Even the kid looks evil haha.

That kid looks like he could eat a corn on the cob through a letterbox with them fuckin gnashers :lol:

What is there to steal?! I'm assuming that the PA is due to West Ham basically stealing the whole stadium yesterday.

Also, what an awful match. Liverpool went through the motions with everyone unwilling to risk getting injured and Hazard has come out of his shell now that the Euros are coming up. The biggest issue that Klopp will have next year is getting the team to play big in little matches, because when the match is big the team comes alive, only to shrink again when it's just a regular match.

Apparently you're having work done on a stand and fans were going to steal seats?

As for your review of the game, spot on. The Liverpool players were really up for it in the first 15 minutes, but then Hazard was giving breathing space and the game was just like an exhibition for large parts.

On 13/04/2016 at 2:53 AM, Graeme said:

I have literally spent the last 15 minutes laughing at Hibernian Football Club. 2-0 up against 10 man Falkirk with 2 minutes to go. Game finished 2-2. The reaction of the Scottish football community at large has been hilarious. Hibs have a reputation for repeatedly coming close to winning things and then never actually doing it. They've been to 3 cup finals in the last 5 years and won none of them. Their arch-rivals, Hearts started the 2013-2014 season with a 15 point penalty due to financial mismanagement, Hibs still managed to get relegated alongside them after having a 2 goal lead turned into a 4-3 defeat in the playoff final. They beat Rangers in the league last year only to lose to them decisively in the play-offs. This year they narrowed the gap with Rangers to 4 points at Christmas... and are now 19 points behind having lost 5 and drawn 2 of their last 8 games.

This emotional torture they subject their fans to is known as 'Hibsing it': http://talkingbaws.com/2016/03/hearts-fan-launches-petition-to-get-the-word-hibsed-in-the-oxford-dictionary/ and their capacity to Hibs it in ever more spectacular fashion seems boundless. :lol:

So, tonight, Hibs were condemned to a third consecutive season in the championship by a 92nd minute goal from Falkirk in the play-offs. Despite the fact Hibs were 2-1 up at half time...

They've managed to go above and beyond even their previous stellar record in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Like 1

On 12/05/2016 at 7:43 AM, Chris1989 said:

Apparently you're having work done on a stand and fans were going to steal seats?

As for your review of the game, spot on. The Liverpool players were really up for it in the first 15 minutes, but then Hazard was giving breathing space and the game was just like an exhibition for large parts.

Well, they are renovating the entire stand and apparently aren't going to be reusing the seats, so I guess people figured "hey, if they're just going to throw them away I might as well take it as a souvenir" or something. The club missed a trick, I think; could easily have sold the seats for £20 a go, or given them away or sold them for charity. West Ham are selling everything from their ground!

24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Newcastle? Have you been watching too many Likely Lads episodes? Scrambled your brain and turned you into a gerodie.

If your lot beat Tottenham and my lot beat Villa then we go above Tottenham and this season will feel like it was worth the bother.

Having said that The Likely Lads makes Geordie life look great!

Edited by Len B'stard

What, Northumberland?

If I was into football I would be more inclined to support a non-league team from this neck of the woods than these big prawn sandwich clubs with a bunch of millionaire Africans and oiley frenchmen playing, but I do not even like football that much so..

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What, Northumberland?

If I was into football I would be more inclined to support a non-league team from this neck of the woods than these big prawn sandwich clubs with a bunch of millionaire Africans and oiley frenchmen playing, but I do not even like football that much so..

It's the nearest civilisation from where you live, it counts :lol: Newcastle hardly qualify as a prawn sandwich club, i mean look at the supporters, you think those lot eat prawn sandwiches? :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

trust me, the toon army dont do prawn sandwiches :lol:  Come on that neither do the Emirates, all I've ever seen being sold there is pies, hot dogs and beer.  And burgers i think too.  Then again I can't afford hospitality and all that bollocks, thats what Roy Keane was getting at with that comment.