The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

So Leicester could become the first city outside of London to win the footie and rugger in the same season. But would they be the first city in the universe to be champions of Football, Rugby and Snooker in the same season if Selby wins the world championship?

I had tickets for the Manchester United - Leicester game, but can't make it since I am in Orlando. Hope my hotel has a channel that shows the match. It will be at 9 in the morning local time, perfect time to wake up for a game and a guinness (if my hotel even has guiness on tap -- damn, I really feel I should have thought things more through when booking my stay).

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I had tickets for the Manchester United - Leicester game, but can't make it since I am in Orlando. Hope my hotel has a channel that shows the match. It will be at 9 in the morning local time, perfect time to wake up for a game and a guinness (if my hotel even has guiness on tap -- damn, I really feel I should have thought things more through when booking my stay).

Just about every major city in the US has a local MUFC supporters club nowadays. I'm a member of Dallas Reds. The Orlando supporters club is called Orlando Red Army and they get together to watch United matches at The Celt Pub in downtown Orlando... and they definitely have Guinness. You can thank me later for this! :P

http://harpandcelt.com/

or tweet Orlando Red Army @OrlandoRedArmy

Edited by The_Original_RK
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Original_RK said:

Just about every major city in the US has a local MUFC supporters club nowadays. I'm a member of Dallas Reds. The Orlando supporters club is called Orlando Red Army and they get together to watch United matches at The Celt Pub in downtown Orlando... and they definitely have Guinness. You can thank me later for this! :P

I am thanking you NOW!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Original_RK said:

Really?!?  Is it like an ex pats thing?

Just now, The_Original_RK said:

I can't speak for Orlando, but the clubs I've spent time with in Dallas, LA, Austin and Chicago were all started by ex-pats.

Right!  I was gonna say, i cant imagine a bunch of yanks being into Manchester United.

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Of course you can. Manchester United appeals to all kinds of people. They are the best.

Nah see it makes sense with you cuz you're just next door, sort of...but America, I'd've thought they'd be far removed from it all but apparently not.

1 minute ago, AtariLegend said:

At what :P

At making me happy?

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Nah see it makes sense with you cuz you're just next door, sort of...but America, I'd've thought they'd be far removed from it all but apparently not.

True story: I visited a fucking head hunter tribe deep in the jungles of Borneo and THEY had Manchester United posters on their bamboo walls. Manchester United is everywhere, ubiquous, permeates us all!

• Like 1

Just now, Len B'stard said:

Len, you'd be surprised how large these local supporters clubs are now and most of the members are yanks. We had about 300 people at the pub last time United faced Arsenal. Dallas Gooner Society was there as well and the banter was superb!

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

At making me happy?

True story: I visited a fucking head hunter tribe deep in the jungles of Borneo and THEY had Manchester United posters on their bamboo walls. Manchester United is everywhere, ubiquous, permeates us all!

They probably thought its a group of 30 well groomed European homosexuals that they'd like to bum, sort of like how they have Page 3 girl pin ups on prison walls!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

They probably thought its a group of 30 well groomed European homosexuals that they'd like to bum, sort of like how they have Page 3 girl pin ups on prison walls!

Come to think of it, I didn't see a TV set there so fuck if I know why they had those posters on their walls :D

But yeah, the club's popularity across the world is staggering.

45 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Landing planes?

Sorry, sorry, joke!!

Nah, that was out of order, I apologise!

ಠ_ಠ

dude...

Man U are a plastic team that appeal to plastic people.

That's when you know you've made it. Like when you see people in far away countries in Barca and Real shirts.

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

So, the Hillsborough inquiry finally concluded today. Findings? All 96 fans were killed unlawfully and that no blame was to be found amongst the supporters inside, or outside, of the stadium. Hopefully that will finally put to bed the nonsense that people, including a member here, spout about what happened that day and which the families and people of Liverpool have been fighting for nearly three decades to be revealed.

14 hours ago, PappyTron said:

So, the Hillsborough inquiry finally concluded today. Findings? All 96 fans were killed unlawfully and that no blame was to be found amongst the supporters inside, or outside, of the stadium. Hopefully that will finally put to bed the nonsense that people, including a member here, spout about what happened that day and which the families and people of Liverpool have been fighting for nearly three decades to be revealed.

The sad part about it is like...how can i put this? I think its best summed up by my brothers reaction upon reading the headline 'yeah, no shit you fuckin' thick cunts'.  All these years its taken just to fuckin' realise that a crimes taken place, i could've told you that in 89 and I was 6 years old.

8 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

The sad part about it is like...how can i put this? I think its best summed up by my brothers reaction upon reading the headline 'yeah, no shit you fuckin' thick cunts'.  All these years its taken just to fuckin' realise that a crimes taken place, i could've told you that in 89 and I was 6 years old.

True, but the sad part is that some people still peddle the narrative that Liverpool fans were drunk and charged the turnstiles, causing the crush, even though the findings have said, 100%, that that never happened. It's taken 27 years for those involved to be found out for what the did that day and the subsequent coverup and they've had 27 years of careers and lives, whilst the families have gone through Hell, never giving up hope.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PappyTron said:

True, but the sad part is that some people still peddle the narrative that Liverpool fans were drunk and charged the turnstiles, causing the crush, even though the findings have said, 100%, that that never happened. It's taken 27 years for those involved to be found out for what the did that day and the subsequent coverup and they've had 27 years of careers and lives, whilst the families have gone through Hell, never giving up hope.

Was listening to the mayor of Liverpool speaking yesterday, was getting quite choked up!