The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

9 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Y'know what, thats actually a really difficult question.  He's a manager and, to my mind he's consistently kept a team that ain't been the full shilling in the conversation where they really shouldn't be by rights.  So whats the solution, trundle along until the bastard does a David Moyes and drops in standard or just jack him in now and gamble on a new manager who might sink us but also might be the dogs?  Hmmm.  I'm not sure i can answer that offhand.  I suppose thats it, that'd be it, if there was a drop in standard, if we suddenly became this fuckin' mid-table team then it'd probably be time for a change.  Or you could just have a pair and opt for change now and take whatever comes on the chin (shut up :lol:).  I've not really answered your question really, have i?  I suppose a season finishing 6th or something and i'd be swayed, which sort of lends credence to the naysayers and their position eh?

Look, these Arsenalfantv's and social media fanbase chat bare shit.  They go on about this ain't acceptable, that ain't acceptable, we're a top team etc etc, yes, we are a top team, historically speaking we're a top team but we were never a dominant top team, not in the way United *shudders* were or Liverpool were, our like...episodes of success were very much (unless you wanna go fuckin' pre-war) acts of fighting against the tide, we was never the fuckin' top spot shoe-in, y'know what i mean?  These lot fuckin' gob off and chat shit like were fuckin' like, top of the league consistently during George Grahams era or Bertie Mee's, now i don't remember Bertie Mee but i fuckin' rememeber George Graham, they were no fuckin' dominant team, those wins were fuckin' grafted, it's why we celebrated em like we did, like Anfield 89, it was some flukey shit really, weren't it, being honest here? :lol:  Yeah they had the brass to pull it off but it still is what it is, 9 other games those Liverpool boys would've bummed us in.  And thats what it is, these boys got used to what was, again, a few years of success due to Arsene and suddenly thought its their birthright, Liverpool fans have a right to react like that, following their drop, United fans do following Moyes...but do Arsenal fans really?  I'm not defending Wenger here necessarily, just talking about the mentality of certain fans.

Look, end of the day i want Arsenal to win trophies and be a top drawer team, i think we are a top drawer team but these lot just fuckin' overhype and overblow things and make videos that get a million hits over some minor shit that makes it all a bigger palava than it fuckin' needs to be.  And i tell you something else for free, i would knock Claude the fuck out :lol:  I'm serious, if i was on some video for AFTV (which i would rather die than do :lol:) and he fuckin' stood that close to me, shouting and swearing in my face he would get fuckin' banged out right in front of the fuckin' statue of Tony Adams til they'd need smelling salts for the cunt to remember his birthday again, i would NEVER have that off no one, that is fuckeries that is, look whats happened to the carribean community in this country man, they used to be fuckin' staunch lads, it's resulted in nobheads like Ty' getting barked on and just standing there, something about that unsettles me greatly, Claude would catch a fuckin' Julian Jackson shot off of me with NOOOOOOOO hesitation :lol:

You dont agree with the man, alright but why you givin' it for?  Like you're some fuckin' badman or something, I almost want to fuckin' do an interview for that, I'd drop him like a sack of shit.

Ty has AIDS. He's positive!

Seriously though, I think that Wenger does a great job in keeping Arsenal there or there abouts and we, as fans, don't know what goes on in the boardroom, so maybe he's working with his hands tied a little bit. I think that if he fell out of the CL places then that would be too much at this stage in his Arsenal career. He's gotten you in there for like 2000 years in a row, but ever since you last won the league each year shows just slightly more cracks than the last. Then though, you have the question of who to bring in. Klopp is the one that most wanted, but that has sailed, Mourinho is a no-no for so many reasons, so who does that leave? Moyes? Rodgers? Martinez? Fat Sam?! It'd end up being someone that nobody has heard of, because the board would want to do it on the cheap, and I think that that is Arsenal's biggest issue; as long as the £ keeps rolling in the owners are happy.

Honestly, I'd like the boys from Arsenal Fans TV to manage the club on rotation. :lol:

1 minute ago, PappyTron said:

Ty has AIDS. He's positive!

Seriously though, I think that Wenger does a great job in keeping Arsenal there or there abouts and we, as fans, don't know what goes on in the boardroom, so maybe he's working with his hands tied a little bit. I think that if he fell out of the CL places then that would be too much at this stage in his Arsenal career. He's gotten you in there for like 2000 years in a row, but ever since you last won the league each year shows just slightly more cracks than the last. Then though, you have the question of who to bring in. Klopp is the one that most wanted, but that has sailed, Mourinho is a no-no for so many reasons, so who does that leave? Moyes? Rodgers? Martinez? Fat Sam?! It'd end up being someone that nobody has heard of, because the board would want to do it on the cheap, and I think that that is Arsenal's biggest issue; as long as the £ keeps rolling in the owners are happy.

Honestly, I'd like the boys from Arsenal Fans TV to manage the club on rotation. :lol:

Yeah, thats basically what I'm getting at, whatever anyone might say about bottlers or 'small club mentality', quite frankly there are 3 clubs in the country that, on the balance of probability, deserve to be able to demand to be shoe-ins, thats chelsea, united and city...and all three of em don't look like they're making it this season, which shows how fuckin' tenuous this league is and how much fans need to fuckin' know a good thing when they are onto one.  I ain't sayin' don't voice dissent, do it by all means, perhaps their whinging will lead or contribute to some kind of overhaul cuz lets face it, it's needed, we need someone with the golden touch up front, maybe a couple of central midfielders, big burly Huth/Cahill lookin' cunts but it's certainly not a lost cause as things stand of reason for fuckin' empty stands at The Emirates which just goes to show that the club has priced itself such that all these prawn sandwiches that were showing up for games ain't really football supporters but band wagon jumpers.  

Thats why i fuckin' respect your lot cuz like, they get all this stick, bin dippers, stanly knifers etc etc but really and truly, end of the day, 99.9999999% of those fans fuckin' turn up, sing their fuckin' guts out...and when was their last like, serious kick off?  United...and that was under serious provocation leading up, that and a fuckin' spurious article written and commisioned by evil cunts, fuckin' watch the camera pan over the Kop, they are clearly good folk by and large...but point being they show up, they backed their fuckin' boys, so it ain'tthe day of John Barnes or Ian Rush or Daglish etc etc, still fuckin' turn up, don't they?  Our lot had the Invincibles, which ain't even vaguely comparable to the scouse heyday in terms of achievement and it's imbued them with a sense of entitlement that is totally incongruous with the reality of Arsenal, your lot weren't like that, they fuckin' slipped from SERIOUS heights but still retained a sense of perspective.  Sure they talk about the past but they don't live in it, they turn up every fuckin' week...and y'know why?  Cuz Anfield, more than anything other big club, have maintained that core local community support, like you was saying the other day, it's people who know each other, whether directly or by proxy, it's a community that stands for each other and stands together and were bought even closer together by tragic events and closer still by wankers that tried to exploit the events.

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Yeah, thats basically what I'm getting at, whatever anyone might say about bottlers or 'small club mentality', quite frankly there are 3 clubs in the country that, on the balance of probability, deserve to be able to demand to be shoe-ins, thats chelsea, united and city...and all three of em don't look like they're making it this season, which shows how fuckin' tenuous this league is and how much fans need to fuckin' know a good thing when they are onto one.  I ain't sayin' don't voice dissent, do it by all means, perhaps their whinging will lead or contribute to some kind of overhaul cuz lets face it, it's needed, we need someone with the golden touch up front, maybe a couple of central midfielders, big burly Huth/Cahill lookin' cunts but it's certainly not a lost cause as things stand of reason for fuckin' empty stands at The Emirates which just goes to show that the club has priced itself such that all these prawn sandwiches that were showing up for games ain't really football supporters but band wagon jumpers.  

Thats why i fuckin' respect your lot cuz like, they get all this stick, bin dippers, stanly knifers etc etc but really and truly, end of the day, 99.9999999% of those fans fuckin' turn up, sing their fuckin' guts out...and when was their last like, serious kick off?  United...and that was under serious provocation leading up, that and a fuckin' spurious article written and commisioned by evil cunts, fuckin' watch the camera pan over the Kop, they are clearly good folk by and large...but point being they show up, they backed their fuckin' boys, so it ain'tthe day of John Barnes or Ian Rush or Daglish etc etc, still fuckin' turn up, don't they?  Our lot had the Invincibles, which ain't even vaguely comparable to the scouse heyday in terms of achievement and it's imbued them with a sense of entitlement that is totally incongruous with the reality of Arsenal, your lot weren't like that, they fuckin' slipped from SERIOUS heights but still retained a sense of perspective.  Sure they talk about the past but they don't live in it, they turn up every fuckin' week...and y'know why?  Cuz Anfield, more than anything other big club, have maintained that core local community support, like you was saying the other day, it's people who know each other, whether directly or by proxy, it's a community that stands for each other and stands together and were bought even closer together by tragic events and closer still by wankers that tried to exploit the events.

You're a beautiful man, Lenny. A true twinkling snowflake of a gentle soul in a sea of shit.

I have a suspicion that Arsenal may fall outside the top 4 this year or the next, and that will be it for Wenger, because I think he's too proud and honourable to stay after that. Who to get though? Not many names about, sadly, and the ones that are all have baggage issues one way or another. Also, people say that Fergie was lucky with the class of 92 and all that, but Arsenal were too, when they had Viera and Henry and the four top defenders and Bergkamp, and even lesser players like Overmars and Pires; they all arrived at the club in a pretty small period of time, and you haven't been able to keep up that rate since. I think that Wenger has lost his mojo a little bit in that regard, and he's no spring chicken, so it won't get any easier.

Football is dead really. The Premier League killed it. Shit on it. Destroyed it. Worst thing that ever happened to English football, the alliance between the Premier League and Sky - destroyed the national team as well. Mumba bumba scoring while you are eating a prawn sandwich in a corporate hospitality box: total bollocks.

2 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

You're a beautiful man, Lenny. A true twinkling snowflake of a gentle soul in a sea of shit.

I have a suspicion that Arsenal may fall outside the top 4 this year or the next, and that will be it for Wenger, because I think he's too proud and honourable to stay after that. Who to get though? Not many names about, sadly, and the ones that are all have baggage issues one way or another. Also, people say that Fergie was lucky with the class of 92 and all that, but Arsenal were too, when they had Viera and Henry and the four top defenders and Bergkamp, and even lesser players like Overmars and Pires; they all arrived at the club in a pretty small period of time, and you haven't been able to keep up that rate since. I think that Wenger has lost his mojo a little bit in that regard, and he's no spring chicken, so it won't get any easier.

Y'know what, i kinda disagree there, i think he has the ability to keep us at least top four for a while, which is worrying cuz it's sort of like embracing a certain malaise.  I agree that he's lost his mojo somewhat but at the same time like...he has the ability to maintain top 4...which is potentially damaging cuz of prevailing mentalities.

Y'know what i think it is?  His management style attracts pussies :lol:  I ain't tryna give it, I'm just saying, as you said, he was gifted that rough and ready back four but since then like...his coaxey strokey tender artistic dressing room manner is conducive to behaving like a bit of a soft lad.  I can't remember if it was Dicko or Parlour who said that he dont administer a bollocking well...and lads need a bit of that.  You didn't with the Invincibles class cuz a lot of them had come up with that footballing envoirnment but this fuckin' Picassco approach don't do him no favours.

Apparently he's a right klutzy cunt behind closed doors too, proper dozy fucker, that was definitely Parlour (though many others, as well as those youtube zip videos, corroborating that :lol:)  Lads need a bit of a fuckin' bollocking, know what i mean?  I heard the only time he seriously bollocked them was like 4-0 down at half time with Reading :lol:  Can you give a bollocking with a French accent, is it possible? :lol:  I'm sure it is, Zidane is a froggie after all!

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Football is dead really. The Premier League killed it. Shit on it. Destroyed it. Worst thing that ever happened to English football, the alliance between the Premier League and Sky - destroyed the national team as well. Mumba bumba scoring while you are eating a prawn sandwich in a corporate hospitality box: total bollocks.

Hospitality box?  Mate, i wish :lol:  I go like 4 or 5 times a year, i cant even fuckin' afford it, only i could be consistent with it is if i bought a season ticket...and that takes a fuckin' 3 year waiting list and over a grand on the hip.

Just now, Len B'stard said:

Hospitality box?  Mate, i wish :lol:  I go like 4 or 5 times a year, i cant even fuckin' afford it, only i could be consistent with it is if i bought a season ticket...and that takes a fuckin' 3 year waiting list and over a grand on the hip.

I couldn't support a team like that. If I was a football fan I would support a non-league team.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I couldn't support a team like that. If I was a football fan I would support a non-league team.

Y'know what, I'm in agreement with the sentiment here, they turn up in the piss pouring rain for fuck all, knowing they ain't about to face Barca and knowing they ain't gonna fuckin' be no world beaters but they show up cuz they love football and cuz it's their manor, like the scousers do.

And for the record you already support a team like that, they're called The Rolling Stones and they been doin' it a lot longer :lol: 

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Y'know what, I'm in agreement with the sentiment here, they turn up in the piss pouring rain for fuck all, knowing they ain't about to face Barca and knowing they ain't gonna fuckin' be no world beaters but they show up cuz they love football and cuz it's their manor, like the scousers do.

And for the record you already support a team like that, they're called The Rolling Stones and they been doin' it a lot longer :lol: 

The Stones are a nonsense band and I will be the first to admit it.

There is a certain sort of person who likes top flight premiership football and I can only describe them as a middle class suburban shaggers. They all live on these new estates and do a bit of the - puts finger in mouth and does a bit of wobbly cheek action. They all have sky pumped into their living rooms and drive terrible cars. They are usual fat, close shaven men with tattoos (their working class side, see?) permanently attired in replica shirts of their favourite team. 

You should start supporting Middlesex instead and put this infantile sport to rest?

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is a certain sort of person who likes top flight premiership football and I can only describe them as a middle class suburban shaggers. They all live on these new estates and do a bit of the - puts finger in mouth and does a bit of wobbly cheek action. They all have sky pumped into their living rooms and drive terrible cars. They are usual fat, close shaven men with tattoos (their working class side, see?) permanently attired in replica shirts of their favourite team. 

Sounds like Chelsea fans, to me.

:lol:

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Stones are a nonsense band and I will be the first to admit it.

You should start supporting Middlesex instead and put this infantile sport to rest?

Have you bought a Stones album or attended a gig post 78?  I know you have cuz you're my age.  If so, then you're part of it! :lol:

Never lived in a house with Sky ever, every car I've ever driven has been terrible, I've never approached fatness, had a beard since my mid 20s, have about 4 tattoos and admittedly buy every new Arsenal and England shirt everytime they come out...I'm half a twat, ain't I? :lol:

Middlesex what, cricket?  Honestly mate, I'd like to, I really would, it would make my life so much easier...but the sport is just sooooooo boring, i just can't hack it.  Then again i ain't watched it since the early 90s, maybe i should give it another shot.  But i cant man, i just can't, it's like asking me to listen to ELP or Yes or Uriah Heap or Queen or Frampton Comes Alive, or Styx or Journey or Fleetwood Mac, it just ain't me.  I'd like to think I'm reasonably open minded but some things just take the piss :lol:  I've tried, believe me, I've tried, in fact of all the sports I've ever played cricket is the one I've played most by a wide margin...it just ain't me Skip :lol:  Though never say never, it's not like i don't understand the appeal when playing it, bowling super fast or banging a ball out or even a decent controlling defensive stroke...it's just...i dunno man, i dont wanna insult you by slagging it off but it ain't Len matierial, put it that way.

I cant help loving Arsenal, it's not a choice, it's a predisposition, it's not something I'm choosing to do or something i can stop, it's me, it's my life, it's who i am, i couldn't undo it if i wanted to and wouldn't want to if i could.  i love The Arsenal and I'll die loving them.  Simple as that.  You'd have to go back and unravel my life and change who my brother is and who my father is and where i live and design a person who is not me to achieve a divorce of Arsenal from me.  

Edited by Len B'stard

These suburban middle class football fans usually work in lower middle class industrial jobs such as ''on the rigs'' or 'alcan', well paid enough to impart them with a degree of pomposity (and a sky subscription) yet ultimately plebeian in nature.

I saw the Stones in 1999 and it was the best museum piece I have ever seen. And yes, I'm a wanker for it. Jagger even did a little mincy dance in front of me. But at least I can say '''I saw the stones'' before I'm dead - that is one box ticked.

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

These suburban middle class football fans usually work in lower middle class industrial jobs such as ''on the rigs'' or 'alcan', well paid enough to impart them with a degree of pomposity (and a sky subscription) yet ultimately plebeian in nature.

I saw the Stones in 1999 and it was the best museum piece I have ever seen. And yes, I'm a wanker for it. Jagger even did a little mincy dance in front of me. But at least I can say '''I saw the stones'' before I'm dead - that is one box ticked.

Perhaps the boxes are the problem monsieur. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I've outgrown the boxes and in fact am very unimpressed with celebrities. Princess Sophia of Wessex landed on my field today and it did not impress me in the slightest.

Yeah, i've reached that point too, more when i was 13, punk sort of imposes that on you, though many would say it imposes a different celebrity on you.  It's difficult to view Rat Scabies and Paul Fox in the same way one might with Mick Jagger or Princess Anne though :lol:

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I've outgrown the boxes and in fact am very unimpressed with celebrities. Princess Sophia of Wessex landed on my field today and it did not impress me in the slightest.

Yeah, i've reached that point too, more when i was 13, punk sort of imposes that on you, though many would say it imposes a different celebrity on you.  It's difficult to view Rat Scabies and Paul Fox in the same way one might with Mick Jagger or Princess Anne though :lol:

15 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Remember this howler, Len?

Gigg's acting is pretty good; must be all pf the practice he got lying to his wife and brother. :lol:

Rooneys on the other hand sounds as convincing as the excuses Colleen got.

Colleen: where've you been Wayne?

Wayne: Popped out for a Nan.

Colleen: Oh, out for a Indian?

Wayne:  You what?

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 2

So what do you guys reckon the Champions League/UEFA Cup final will be?

Real can be iffy, but I reckon they'll run over City. The press afterwards will cry that City got screwed by the ref.

Munich will walk over Atletico, which Real will like since they probably fancy their chances against Peps tactics as opposed to what happens every time they play Atletico (baring the Champion's League). 

As for Liverpool. We beat the best team in the cup, but we'll probably lose to Seville in the final, assuming we get past Villarreal. Getting that Champions League spot next year would be nice though for signings, assuming Klopp doesn't end up like Rodgers.

8 hours ago, PappyTron said:

-fvfTe.gif

I meant for signings :P. Seriously good manager or not, if the club ends up spending £50 million in the summer raiding Bournemouth for their best players we're shafted.

Remember that time we traded

Luis-Su-rez-009.jpg

for 

manc-south1.jpg

9 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I meant for signings :P. Seriously good manager or not, if the club ends up spending £50 million in the summer raiding Bournemouth for their best players we're shafted.

I think that we will be okay with Klopp in charge. He knows value when he sees it. Take Alex Teixeria, who we were after; we could have got him for about £35 million in January, and FSG were willing to stump up the money, but Klopp pulled the plug and said it was too much. I think that we need a top midfielder to go alongside Can (someone like Xhaka), probably a new left back, unless Moreno can really improve his tactical awareness, probably a new 'keeper (say, Horn, Leno etc) and, to be honest that is mainly it, although a top winger would be nice. We have Sturridge, Origi and Firmino for the striker position with Ings to come back, AM is well stocked with Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana (though Goetze would be better, but I don't know if he'll run his guts out for 90 minutes) and we have played like Ojo who have done well, plus Ibe who is at a crossroads in his career, with Markovic to come back too.