The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

Just now, Len B'stard said:

Sharrow, i recall that being a right shithole when i was a kid, no offence, Pittsmoors not exactly much better.  Lively manor though!

Lol, it was an interesting place to grow up in, I'll say that for it. Pitsmoor is pretty much the same. Funny that I miss the place, at the same time I wouldn't go back. Only for the 'football' :lol:

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Lol, it was an interesting place to grow up in, I'll say that for it. Pitsmoor is pretty much the same. Funny that I miss the place, at the same time I wouldn't go back. Only for the 'football' :lol:

My cousin used to box up at the Ingle gym so spent a teensy bit of time there as a kid, i tell you what, its the place to be if you want to pick up a bag of skunk a bit sharpish!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wasted said:

Robbie Savage is also another one who I'm surprised to see punditing. Ex man utd players are also delusional. 

One big worry: is Rooney still shit?

would it be better to pack mid with Dier, Milner, Wilshire and hit teams with Vardy with Sterling and Sturridge wide. Then play 4 centre backs in defense. 1-0, 1-0, 1-0. 

Too late for that though. England like a target man and it's kane like it or not. I think if Roy is gonna insist on giving Rooney a place in the team he should front up and play him as a striker or just stop fanning around and drop him. 

3 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Too late for that though. England like a target man and it's kane like it or not. I think if Roy is gonna insist on giving Rooney a place in the team he should front up and play him as a striker or just stop fanning around and drop him. 

If they play Rooney and not Vardy then it's a disaster. Rooney is not a striker! Strikers score half chances, he misses decent chances. You can't afford it, Vardy scores off his arse. He's got pace to stretch teams too. Kane goes to ball, Vardy in behind. Okay Rooney in behind them. With a real defensive mid. Basically a 4-1-3-2 or 4-4-2 with Rooney dropping into mid. 

Clyne. Stones. Smalling. Rose

Lallana. Dier. Ali. Sterling

Kane. Vardy

germany and Spain seem off the boil. So I think theres a chance.

if Rooney is a striker they have 5 strikers? To me Rooney is the link between mid and attack. But who needs that just 2 banks of 4 then release Vardy, Kane, Sterling. Lallana and Ali feeding Vardy and Kane. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

This Vardy chap is apparently going to Arsenal. What sort of foolishness is that? I take it he does not want to win the Premiership again then?

Get stuffed you :lol:. I think hes a dodgy signing myself.

Edited by Len B'stard

I'm unconvinced.  Still, he'll do better than what we've got hopefully.  As a Steptoe fan I'm quite pleased, gonna see it i cant get a are you steptoe in disguise chant going at The Emirates :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

Get stuffed you :lol:. I think hes a dodgy signing myself.

3 good seasons in his career and he's 29.

Outside of last year, the others were in the Conference Premier and Northern Premier League.

Len's right to have doubts.

What it means is they can't push up. Like if Arsenal go 1-0 up then other team tries to apply pressure, then Vardy on the break 2-0. Just adds another dimension. Other than pass the ball into the net. 

Anyone in the UK know any secondhand sites I can keep an eye on for match tickets? I just learned about the West Ham vs Juventus match in London on August 7, and there's a good possibility I'll be in London that day (And I can go out of my way to be, regardless). All they've got left on the West Ham site is £166 club level seats. I don't getting gouged a bit, but that's a bit out of my price range. I'm looking for a pair, and my max is about £100 per ticket. I googled looking for tickets, but I'm not really seeing any secondhand sites with any available. 

Would really appreciate if anyone anyone can give me any pointers on where to look. Sorry for my ignorance, I've only been to one football match and was able to just walk up and get tickets the day of for that one. 

10 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Anyone in the UK know any secondhand sites I can keep an eye on for match tickets? I just learned about the West Ham vs Juventus match in London on August 7, and there's a good possibility I'll be in London that day (And I can go out of my way to be, regardless). All they've got left on the West Ham site is £166 club level seats. I don't getting gouged a bit, but that's a bit out of my price range. I'm looking for a pair, and my max is about £100 per ticket. I googled looking for tickets, but I'm not really seeing any secondhand sites with any available. 

Would really appreciate if anyone anyone can give me any pointers on where to look. Sorry for my ignorance, I've only been to one football match and was able to just walk up and get tickets the day of for that one. 

A Hammer? Len will try and convert you to the Arsenal.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

A Hammer? Len will try and convert you to the Arsenal.

He can try, but he won't :tongue2:

I've just gotta manage to make it to this match - I've never been in Europe when there's been a match, I'm always over there before the Primier League season starts. 

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

He can try, but he won't :tongue2:

I've just gotta manage to make it to this match - I've never been in Europe when there's been a match, I'm always over there before the Primier League season starts. 

Powerage to Len: ''West Ham won wos the World Cup''.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Aint they knocked Upton Park down?  And i won't try and convert him actually, i have quite a fondness for West Ham.  Why would you support West Ham though Powerage?

I'm guessing something to do with it being Steve Harris' team?

West ham will win prem next season. When I go to uk im put a tenner on it at 100 to 1. Womder what odds are. 

Problem with exhibition game is they lack committment. You won't Payet or Carrol. Is Pogba still at Juve? I saw Shanghai v Man utd and it was kids like Powell and Bebe. Scholes came on last 10 minutes. Drogba and Anelka werent even on bench for Shanghai. Rip off really. Ferguson got the biggest cheer. 100k stadium worshipping Utd.