The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Well its worth noting that this awful team with no striker who can shoot worth a shit just finished second in the league, think how they might've got on with someone who can actually get the  in the back of the net.

Typical Arsenal season really, so close yet so far.

20 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

But theres also a couple of world cup winners and Champs League winners on the Arsenal squad.  I'm not a defeatist I'm a realist, they should be competitive in Europe but they're not. Could be though.  

Because theres more chance of winning with Arsenal than a Leicester post their miracle win.

:rofl-lol:

All of Arsenal's main title rivals had shockingly bad seasons and yet they still finished second.......... TO LEICESTER!

If Vardy moves to Arsenal it'll be for the money! :D

Honestly, you fuckin' finish top four for as long as there's been a Premier League and get a fuckin' volley off of people that support teams who either have to buy their ways to silverware or haven't seen any since back when Terry Wogan was still on daytim telly :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Honestly, you fuckin' finish top four for as long as there's been a Premier League and get a fuckin' volley off of people that support teams who either have to buy their ways to silverware or haven't seen any since back when Terry Wogan was still on daytim telly :lol: 

When Newcastle United last won the league, television wasn't invented.

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Arsenal fans are easy to wind up :P

10 hours ago, wasted said:

I don't buy prem tickets so I can't suggest anything. Rip off. 30-70 quid to watch Konschesky drive the ball into the crowd. I can't remember the last football I enjoyed. I remember some crazy game where Newcastle played and it was 4-3. Also another one where Liverpool hit a balloon in the goal. Leicester Utd was alright. 

Nah, it's all about watching Juve. That's worth the money!

23 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Always figured you for an AC Milan supporter.

Only thing worse would be if I were an Inter supporter :lol:

15 minutes ago, wasted said:

I play as Juve on Fifa. The 3-5-2 counter attack with Tevez. Some good wing backs too. 

That was a fantastic team. This (actually now it's last) season's team was bloody good too, and should only get better with the players said to be coming in.

31 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Oh don't give em ideas, for fuckssake :lol:  Not the football, anything else but the football! 

If you wanted to strike at the western world, this is one of the biggest things you could target. Maybe the Superbowl in the US.

13 hours ago, moreblack said:

If you wanted to strike at the western world, this is one of the biggest things you could target. Maybe the Superbowl in the US.

But really the terrorists are rubbish. I'd be bombing malls and airports randomly until the whole country is at a stand still. Like if a bomb went off in Manchester mall. We are talking shitting bombs too. Then one in London. Would you go to the shops in Birmingham. These symbolic gestures are pretentious and ineffective. In fact it really does hint that it is politically motivated. It isn't destroy the west, it's more of a bitch fit. Why you give all the money to my sister! Wah it's no fair, bomb the euros! If you got suicide bombers, I'd bring down the west in under a month. It would chaos. 6 suicide bombers hit malls and airports. Watch stock market crash. Buy buy buy. Then when order is restored sell sell sell. Buy better suicide bombers. 

But it's not like that because it's our fault they are so poor they kill themselves for their families. And the attacks are more symbolic, like look at this bullshit. But no one looks because Sky 1 has WWF and Carlsburg draft is awesome. 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

But really the terrorists are rubbish. I'd be bombing malls and airports randomly until the whole country is at a stand still. Like if a bomb went off in Manchester mall. We are talking shitting bombs too. Then one in London. Would you go to the shops in Birmingham. These symbolic gestures are pretentious and ineffective. In fact it really does hint that it is politically motivated. It isn't destroy the west, it's more of a bitch fit. Why you give all the money to my sister! Wah it's no fair, bomb the euros! If you got suicide bombers, I'd bring down the west in under a month. It would chaos. 6 suicide bombers hit malls and airports. Watch stock market crash. Buy buy buy. Then when order is restored sell sell sell. Buy better suicide bombers. 

But it's not like that because it's our fault they are so poor they kill themselves for their families. And the attacks are more symbolic, like look at this bullshit. But no one looks because Sky 1 has WWF and Carlsburg draft is awesome. 

The population are fucking bottlers as well, i mean the IRA bombed the fuck out of this country in the 70s and 80s, the entire campaign didnt get as many as arses flapping as one terror attack does these days.

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

The population are fucking bottlers as well, i mean the IRA bombed the fuck out of this country in the 70s and 80s, the entire campaign didnt get as many as arses flapping as one terror attack does these days.

It needs to be every weekend for a month. London, Manchester, Birmingham, 

at the moment it's just a talking point, issue of the day. No one stays home because of it. Like if they hit Old trafford, Anfield in 2 weeks would you go back. 

This is also a fear with airlines. If they did it properly no one would fly this summer and bankrupt them. 

So I think it's just made up about there being a real threat. And maybe the symbolic gesture does enough. But it's more focus on some issue. Not entirely sure what that is...so it's really not working. Coke and Marvel are more effective campaigns. 

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Good looking bastard. There was him and Keith Miller, the Aussie all-rounder, in this era. All the women used to swoon for them.

They show him in this line up in this Pathe clip as the camera scans across the squad...and then again playing golf.  He's mentioned in it a fair bit.

Edited by Len B'stard

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

i bet it was fuckin' Lords or something :lol:  Or some ex kings grounds!

You are almost correct. The Oval, 1872, won by Wanders (vs Royal Engineers). Between 1872 and 1892, the Oval was almost exclusively the venue of the FA Cup final, after which Crystal Palace hosted the majority until the arrival of Wembley Stadium for the 1923 Final.