The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

21 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Anyone in the UK know any secondhand sites I can keep an eye on for match tickets? I just learned about the West Ham vs Juventus match in London on August 7, and there's a good possibility I'll be in London that day (And I can go out of my way to be, regardless). All they've got left on the West Ham site is £166 club level seats. I don't getting gouged a bit, but that's a bit out of my price range. I'm looking for a pair, and my max is about £100 per ticket. I googled looking for tickets, but I'm not really seeing any secondhand sites with any available. 

Would really appreciate if anyone anyone can give me any pointers on where to look. Sorry for my ignorance, I've only been to one football match and was able to just walk up and get tickets the day of for that one. 

Just have a look on there official site Pows. Shouldn't think you'll have too much trouble getting tickets for this match.

http://www.whufc.com/Tickets/Match-Tickets/Event/West-Ham-United-v-Juventus

£20 a ticket not bad. They're not at Upton Park anymore though are they? The Olympic Park now.

16 hours ago, moreblack said:

I'm guessing something to do with it being Steve Harris' team?

That's why I started out supporting West Ham, but I really follow them closely now. I like supporting a relative underdog team for starters in any sport. I like that they play relatively clean - they don't play dirty, constantly racking up yellow cards, etc. which I see some of with other teams.

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Just have a look on there official site Pows. Shouldn't think you'll have too much trouble getting tickets for this match.

http://www.whufc.com/Tickets/Match-Tickets/Event/West-Ham-United-v-Juventus

£20 a ticket not bad. They're not at Upton Park anymore though are they? The Olympic Park now.

I thought it would be that easy, but when you go into the actual ticketing page all they have left a club level seats for £166 - that's definitely out of my price range. That's why I came here asking about secondhand sites. Are there any odds of them releasing more seats closer to the match as they do with concerts? I'd assume that doesn't happen since they know exactly how many they can hold for sporting events. 

And you're right - they're done at Upton Park. The Juventus match is the inaugural match at Olympic Park.

12 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

That's why I started out supporting West Ham, but I really follow them closely now. I like supporting a relative underdog team for starters in any sport. I like that they play relatively clean - they don't play dirty, constantly racking up yellow cards, etc. which I see some of with other teams.

I thought it would be that easy, but when you go into the actual ticketing page all they have left a club level seats for £166 - that's definitely out of my price range. That's why I came here asking about secondhand sites. Are there any odds of them releasing more seats closer to the match as they do with concerts? I'd assume that doesn't happen since they know exactly how many they can hold for sporting events. 

And you're right - they're done at Upton Park. The Juventus match is the inaugural match at Olympic Park.

Ahh, that is why it is sold out then.

If you just want to see West Ham play, you are probably better off waiting for the league to start (August 13th) and picking up a ticket for a Premiership or FA Cup match for £20 - £35. Unless you really want to attend this particular match, which will really just be an exhibition/practice game.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

If you just want to see West Ham play, you are probably better off waiting for the league to start (August 13th) and picking up a ticket for a Premiership or FA Cup match for £20 - £35. Unless you really want to attend this particular match, which will really just be an exhibition/practice game really.

Keep up dopey it has to be this game as he lives in America so only gonna be there for this match. None us have been much help with his request really have we. Fucking useless in fact :lol: you'd be hard pressed to find a less helpful set of responses to a question :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you just want to see West Ham play, you are probably better off waiting for the league to start (August 13th) and picking up a ticket for a Premiership or FA Cup match for £20 - £35. Unless you really want to attend this particular match, which will really just be an exhibition/practice game.

It's the only one that works for me time-wise - I'll be heading home on August 8th or 9th. Really can't stretch my trip another 5 days, it's already almost a week longer than I'd originally planned. I think it would be a lot of fun to be at the first match at Olympic Park also of course. So any recommendations on secondhand sites? I've found a couple, but they all start around £180 - that's roughly a 900% markup, assuming those are the cheapest seats. That seems completely illogical.

1 minute ago, spunko12345 said:

Keep up dopey it has to be this game as he lives in America so only gonna be there for this match. None us have been much help with his request really have we. Fucking useless in fact :lol: you'd be hard pressed to find a less helpful set of responses to a question :lol:

It's not like I'm doing any better trying to sort it out on my own though, eh? :lol:

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I bet Maiden are playing England in August!!

They'll be doing a full UK tour next year, but there may or may not be an O2 gig or two on the 6th and 7th. Part of why I'm looking at coming home via London ;)

I don't buy prem tickets so I can't suggest anything. Rip off. 30-70 quid to watch Konschesky drive the ball into the crowd. I can't remember the last football I enjoyed. I remember some crazy game where Newcastle played and it was 4-3. Also another one where Liverpool hit a balloon in the goal. Leicester Utd was alright. 

It is a real symptom of how there is something fundamentally wrong with football that a player who ascends the heights of the Premier League - the highest one could theoretically go in English football - would then enter into discussions with a richer club who are perennial flunkers (at the premier league)! If this footballer had a modicum of integrity, he would be renewing his contract with Leicester indefinitely and committing himself to defending his title and excelling in Europe next season. Leicester should pelt this wanker with rotten fruit.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is a real symptom of how there is something fundamentally wrong with football that a player who ascends the heights of the Premier League - the highest one could theoretically go in English football - would then enter into discussions with a richer club who are perennial flunkers (at the premier league)! If this footballer had a modicum of integrity, he would be renewing his contract with Leicester indefinitely and committing himself to defending his title and excelling in Europe next season. Leicester should pelt this wanker with rotten fruit.

It makes sense, there's not much chance of Leicester repeating their success, and there is no expectation in that regard at Arsenal who are happy to simply finish above spurs every year, but at least at Arsenal he gets paid more and automatically gets picked for England even if he is not fit, cos that's how England selection seems to work these days

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Arsenal are a team crying out for a striker is why, no one decent is gonna stay at Leicester and Arsenal are a team begging for a striker, we have arguably the best assist man in the world on our squad and a bunch of wankers on the end of his balls (oo err), we have a team brimming with creativity and no fucker to score goals.

44 minutes ago, sturginho said:

yeah a goal scorer who scores goals, would be wasted at Aresnal

I just mean i dont think its a foregone conclusion that his being there will automatically mean goals galore.  Hes 29 years old...how many people knew his name until this season?  How many one good season strikers are there in Prem history?  He may very well be really good, I'm just saying it aint necessarily so.

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

Arsenal are a team crying out for a striker is why, no one decent is gonna stay at Leicester and Arsenal are a team begging for a striker, we have arguably the best assist man in the world on our squad and a bunch of wankers on the end of his balls (oo err), we have a team brimming with creativity and no fucker to score goals.

It's not too late to sign Akinfenwa! Bayo deserves a run in the premier league

1 hour ago, sturginho said:

It makes sense, there's not much chance of Leicester repeating their success, and there is no expectation in that regard at Arsenal who are happy to simply finish above spurs every year, but at least at Arsenal he gets paid more and automatically gets picked for England even if he is not fit, cos that's how England selection seems to work these days

Just like there was no chance of Leicester ever winning the thing in the first place? There will certainly be little chance of a repeat if their 'mercenary' players begin absconding.

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

...a team which won the premiership!

You're probably right, which is exactly my point, the problem with English football, it being all about money and nothing to do with pride of badge.

Just like there was no chance of Leicester ever winning the thing in the first place? There will certainly be little chance of a repeat if their 'mercenary' players begin absconding.

...a team which won the premiership!

You're probably right, which is exactly my point, the problem with English football, it being all about money and nothing to do with pride of badge.

On the flipside though, for a man like Vardy, hes 29 and only just now on a pedestal, 18 months ago he was nothing, its not like hes some super rich mollycoddled player like some lads at Arsenal i could mention, perhaps he wants to make the most of what time he has left, hes not had anything handed to him yknow, coming from non league football to where he is now.

Its easy for us to demand badge pride and all that, Lords knows i do it enough but at the same time its about securing their familys future too, from the players perspective.  

22 minutes ago, sturginho said:

It's not too late to sign Akinfenwa! Bayo deserves a run in the premier league

Id take Aubameyang myself.

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

On the flipside though, for a man like Vardy, hes 29 and only just now on a pedestal, 18 months ago he was nothing, its not like hes some super rich mollycoddled player like some lads at Arsenal i could mention, perhaps he wants to make the most of what time he has left, hes not had anything handed to him yknow, coming from non league football to where he is now.

Its easy for us to demand badge pride and all that, Lords knows i do it enough but at the same time its about securing their familys future too, from the players perspective.  

Id take Aubameyang myself.

How much money did he get winning the Premiership though?

He might get an inflated salary but he'll certainly not win anything at Arsenal haha.

How much money did he get winning the Premiership though?

He might get an inflated salary but he'll certainly not win anything at Arsenal haha.

But point being it's about being in there, isn't it?  Take someone like Matt Le Tissier, played for Southampton all his life, really good player but end of the day whats in his trophy cabinet?  These guys dedicate their lives to the game from the age of 6 or 8 or whatever, all to win trophies, to compete at the highest level and maybe earn themselves a spot in the history books next to the big boys.  Its why i could never begrudge Henry for leaving us, he got to win the Champions League which he just wasn't gonna get with us.  Or even someone like Tony Adams, who is my favourite football player of all time, Mr Arsenal, he's loved over in North London...he had umpteen chances to join teams like United or whatever, could've had a CL winners medal in his cabinet.  I love him for not doing that but you can't at the same time call a player a mercenary for wanting the best for himself cuz you can bet your throbbing bollocks the teams will have no trouble dropping you if you don't put a shift in, the only team who shows player loyalty like that is Arsenal, keeping your Rosickys and Wilsheres and umpteen injury prone lads in the team despite their hardly being match fit.

Funnily enough Arsenal broke the record this season for prize money, weird eh? :lol:  over 100 mil or something it was.

6 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

But point being it's about being in there, isn't it?  Take someone like Matt Le Tissier, played for Southampton all his life, really good player but end of the day whats in his trophy cabinet?  These guys dedicate their lives to the game from the age of 6 or 8 or whatever, all to win trophies, to compete at the highest level and maybe earn themselves a spot in the history books next to the big boys.  Its why i could never begrudge Henry for leaving us, he got to win the Champions League which he just wasn't gonna get with us.  Or even someone like Tony Adams, who is my favourite football player of all time, Mr Arsenal, he's loved over in North London...he had umpteen chances to join teams like United or whatever, could've had a CL winners medal in his cabinet.  I love him for not doing that but you can't at the same time call a player a mercenary for wanting the best for himself cuz you can bet your throbbing bollocks the teams will have no trouble dropping you if you don't put a shift in, the only team who shows player loyalty like that is Arsenal, keeping your Rosickys and Wilsheres and umpteen injury prone lads in the team despite their hardly being match fit.

Funnily enough Arsenal broke the record this season for prize money, weird eh? :lol:  over 100 mil or something it was.

If it is about trophies, which I understand, he has done it, he has won the premier league for Leicester! All of these Arsenal players do not know what it is to lift that title. He is also in next year's champions league presumably. So, why move to Arsenal?

I actually think you are speaking from the perspective of a defeatist Gooner there. From a completely neutral perspective, Arsenal should be certainly competitive in Europe.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If it is about trophies, which I understand, he has done it, he has won the premier league for Leicester! All of these Arsenal players do not know what it is to lift that title. He is also in next year's champions league presumably. So, why move to Arsenal?

I actually think you are speaking from the perspective of a defeatist Gooner there. From a completely neutral perspective, Arsenal should be certainly competitive in Europe.

But theres also a couple of world cup winners and Champs League winners on the Arsenal squad.  I'm not a defeatist I'm a realist, they should be competitive in Europe but they're not. Could be though.  

Because theres more chance of winning with Arsenal than a Leicester post their miracle win.

Just now, Len B'stard said:

But theres also a couple of world cup winners and Champs League winners on the Arsenal squad.  I'm not a defeatist I'm a realist, they should be competitive in Europe but they're not. Could be though.  

Because theres more chance of winning with Arsenal than a Leicester post their miracle win.

I don't know about that. I don't think I agree with that haha.

I don't know about that. I don't think I agree with that haha.

Well its worth noting that this awful team with no striker who can shoot worth a shit just finished second in the league, think how they might've got on with someone who can actually get the  in the back of the net.