The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

15 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Why does he talk like a cock in this video but a normal geeza in Arsenal TV videos? 

I appreciate the heritage and all that but when I go to another country on my holidays I dont suddenly put on a cockney accsent when i'm talking to british people but talk normally to locals .... Never understood it 

Well when you're bi-lingual you speak and pronounce things in the correct form for each languages.   What he's speaking there isn't just English in a Jamaican accent, it's Jamaican patois, it's more or less a different language or dialect, it has different words and different form, like if a person is born here but has a Spanish family, when he speaks Spanish he ain't gonna speak like a person whoose learnt Spanish in England cuz he's gonna know how to do it properly.  If you grow up at home hearing Jamaican spoken properly but you're living and born in England you're gonna know how to speak both properly.  Or like Polish kids that are born here, them speaking Polish ain't gonna sound like me and you having a go at Polish cuz they grow up in an envoirnment where it's spoken properly.

But yeah, Jamaican patois is basically a different language, it just shares a lot of words with English but it's a mixture of lots of things like Creole etc.

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

I like the look of that Rabiot he is linked with Arsenal ain't he ? 

Every cunt with a number on his back is linked with Arsenal, whether we actually put the money down for anyone is the question :lol:

7 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Hope you sign a " big " name or two this summer so we can all laugh at Claude bigging him up in August and then screaming his head off about him come October 

Claude ain't gonna make it to the end of next season, those veins are starting to bulge unnaturally :lol:  

31 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

If I hear him in another Wenger in wenger out rant i'm gonna kill the cunt myself 

He's got to go! It don't ever fucking change! No, it don't Robbie. It don't! It don't ever fucking change, and he's got to go!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Why does he talk like a cock in this video but a normal geeza in Arsenal TV videos? 

I appreciate the heritage and all that but when I go to another country on my holidays I dont suddenly put on a cockney accsent when i'm talking to british people but talk normally to locals .... Never understood it 

I'll not hear a word against Wenger, hes a good man! :lol:

15 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

He does seem to be a right nut case god bless him mind you watching Arsenal every week would drive anyone round the bend 

Y'know you've probably made more sense of my life than a lifetimes worth of psychoanalysis could :lol:

2 hours ago, PappyTron said:

Is that you, Ty?!

:lol::lol:

End of the day, end of the day, end of the day, realistically bruv, realistically the thing is yeah, that its 6-0, alright alright alright alright, fair enough, i gives you that, alright yeah yeah but end of the day, knowhatimean, its 3 points, end of the day, gone...but lets look forward, get behind da giftshop and that bruv innit...eh, course yeah *sips from Arsenal cup* :lol:

Did you see him Tottenham away, dressed all in black? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

End of the day, end of the day, end of the day, realistically bruv, realistically the thing is yeah, that its 6-0, alright alright alright alright, fair enough, i gives you that, alright yeah yeah but end of the day, knowhatimean, its 3 points, end of the day, gone...but lets look forward, get behind da giftshop and that bruv innit...eh, course yeah *sips from Arsenal cup* :lol:

Did you see him Tottenham away, dressed all in black? :lol:

I've never seen a grown man in so much branded merch. He obviously has an Arsenal duvet, and like I said on YouTube, he must make his wife wear an Arsene Wenger mask whilst he gives her the ol' in-out. :lol:

12 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

I've never seen a grown man in so much branded merch. He obviously has an Arsenal duvet, and like I said on YouTube, he must make his wife wear an Arsene Wenger mask whilst he gives her the ol' in-out. :lol:

His wife is probably a bloke called Arsene :lol:  He probably plays a character called Arsene in his wifes fantasisies :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

16 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I think he is MASSIVELY over rated always injured and a right wanker of a person football wise he does seem to go on a run whenever I slate him so he will probs come back to fitness and bang in 5 goals now 

He's injury prone, or has been thus far but you can't seriously look at him play and say he's not talented.  And more than that he ain't really up for it which i think is a problem in Arsenal, they'll have bags of talent but they don't have that fuckin'...whats the word?  That will, that desire to win at all costs.  Jack has a bit of that.  So does Coquelin, who i think is really underrated.

3 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

You gotta start thinking to yourself where does that stem from ? Management ? bad eggs within the team? 

I think Wenger has a sort of philosophical approach to management which doesn't lend itself necessarily well to the English game we love a good shouter and a bollocking giver a'la George Graham or Fergie.  But at the same time, fuck me, you're a professional football player, do you really need to be taught how to have will to win?  That should be in you from the get-go.