The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

I enjoy reading the ''most ugly football strips'' and such like - there is a few of them online if you search - and recalling some of the worst affronts to taste and public decency ever recorded. The 1990s was surely the nadir for football shirts, horrific tie-die abstract patterns and swirly garish colours. Mind you, this came later,

stephen_taylor_1429042c.jpg

You did not see too many people wearing that in The Toon as I recall.

There is a particularly hideous 1990's Rangers Away shirt which I used to possess. I'm struggling to pull up a picture.

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I enjoy reading the ''most ugly football strips'' and such like - there is a few of them online if you search - and recalling some of the worst affronts to taste and public decency ever recorded. The 1990s was surely the nadir for football shirts, horrific tie-die abstract patterns and swirly garish colours. Mind you, this came later,

stephen_taylor_1429042c.jpg

You did not see too many people wearing that in The Toon as I recall.

There is a particularly hideous 1990's Rangers Away shirt which I used to possess. I'm struggling to pull up a picture.

Arsenal-91-away.png

Beat that :lol:. Urine yellow with skidmarks!

Edited by Len B'stard

34 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

1997%3A99.jpg

Ive still got that, in fact im wearing:

a9876_ms?$400x400$

As well as owning the last 10 years of arsenal shirts of one kind or another, somewhere. 

You actually bought an £60 England shirt - or whatever absurd cost they retail at -  for 2010 or 2012 or some other tragic competition and were left sat sitting there with your shirt on, watching the team go out in the groups like a wanker haha.

1998 1996 1990 and '96 (when they did alright) 86. And the whole naughties+ is some blur of colossal failure. The only thing I recall from the previous fifteen years of English football is some shouting about an apparent (ruled out) Lampard goal which would have only reduced the 4-1 defeat to the Hun to 3-1 and some Rooney (a guy who should be dropped from a ship, not just from the national team) bollocks about the fans booing  These two incidents certainly fueled plenty heated debates on talksport but they did not serve any other purpose.  There was a load of cack about metatarsals also. That is basically the whole of England football summarised for me since 2000. 

Maybe England should add little surrender signs to our three lions than stars, celebrating those near misses, hysterical prat falls and tragic humiliations.

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You actually bought an £60 England shirt - or whatever absurd cost they retail at -  for 2010 or 2012 or some other tragic competition and were left sat sitting there with your shirt on, watching the team go out in the groups like a wanker haha.

1998 1996 1990 and '96 (when they did alright) 86. And the whole naughties+ is some blur of colossal failure. The only thing I recall from the previous fifteen years of English football is some shouting about an apparent (ruled out) Lampard goal which would have only reduced the 4-1 defeat to the Hun to 3-1 and some Rooney (a guy who should be dropped from a ship, not just from the national team) bollocks about the fans booing  These two incidents certainly fueled plenty heated debates on talksport but they did not serve any other purpose.  There was a load of cack about metatarsals also. That is basically the whole of England football summarised for me since 2000. 

Maybe England should add little surrender signs to our three lions than stars, celebrating those near misses, hysterical prat falls and tragic humiliations.

I'll always buy the shirt man, every time a new one comes out, always support the boys.  Who cares if they lose all the time, a bit of humbling does a man good once in a while (queue Pappys Iron Sheikh pun :lol:)...or bi annually whenever there's a major competition :lol:  I'm used to underachieving, I'm an Arsenal supporter!

Whats weird is they make em out of this thin matierial and really slim, designed to cling to pecs and six packs for lithe young adonis football players. problem with that is most supporters have tits and a beer gut :lol:  In the days of Peter Beardsley i suppose kit makers didn't have to take this sort of thing into account.  I'm alright cuz I'm lanky and skinny but it don't really do you any favours even then.

Edited by Len B'stard

Arsenal last won in the naughties, the invincible? Well I think they may have picked up a FA cup since then (I am sure you can correct me).

When England last one, Revolver and Blonde on Blonde had just been released! Wilson was PM! Vietnam was in its infancy!

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Arsenal seasons can be summarised the following,

Great; great; number one; beautiful attacking football; slump; tremendous slump; ''Wenger should go'' vs '' Wenger should stay'' (talk sport); season ends.

Spot fucking on :lol:  We're 1st, omg omg, we're gonna win, massive Christmas/New Year capitulation, accusations of bottling, turn on Wenger, redemptive late season run just enough to remain 3rd or 4th, Wenger signs a new contract :lol:  I actually rate Wenger and want him to stay.

17 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

"Arsenal are top of the league, said we are top of the league...booom!"

I hate you :lol:

'Messi, Suarez, Neymar, who are they?!?!?!'

Well, you remember them blokes that panelled us a few weeks back?

:lol:  Dunno what I'm fuckin' laughin' at.

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

I hate you :lol:

'Messi, Suarez, Neymar, who are they?!?!?!'

Well, you remember them blokes that panelled us a few weeks back?

:lol:  Dunno what I'm fuckin' laughin' at.

"They've got Suarez, Messi and Neymar! So? We've got Giroud, Welbeck and Walcott! Booom!"

:lol:

That fat fuck and his hobbit boyfriend ruined your season; after that song dropped you've wheels have come right off.

2 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

"They've got Suarez, Messi and Neymar! So? We've got Giroud, Welbeck and Walcott! Booom!"

:lol:

That fat fuck and his hobbit boyfriend ruined your season; after that song dropped you've wheels have come right off.

Y'know what, they're a fuckin' jinx, ur right, ever since then everything has gone up the pictures!  Watch the vid back though, when he says Walcott the face he pulls, even he can't take that last bit seriously :lol:

6 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Y'know what, they're a fuckin' jinx, ur right, ever since then everything has gone up the pictures!  Watch the vid back though, when he says Walcott the face he pulls, even he can't take that last bit seriously :lol:

Walcott really has failed to deliver on his promise. How are Chamberlain and Ramsey getting on? I mean, a while back they were saying Walcott will be worth £50 million and be off to Barcalona or Madrid. Now, not so much.