Attack on French satirical magazine who posted jokes about the prophet Mohammed - 12 killed

SoulMonster

No need to apologize for looking upon me as an enigma. I kind of like it.

You always did strike me as someone who puts a great deal of care into presentation, admirable.
You could start by looking at the wikipedia entry for "facts" and learn that no one really owns them. They are sort of free to share.

Except they're not facts :lol:

You lost me here. When have I ever "written of entire swathes of populations"? Are you saying that since I posted compassionately about my grandma you don't take me seriously when I say that I believe extremist muslims that are willing to use terror will have to change if they are ever to be successfully integrated in our socities? Is that your argument?

Another classic Soulie move, taking what someones said, re-phrasing it, changing bits in the middle and going 'is that your argument?', no, my argument is the shit I said and it didn't require your putting it in a different way to assist your wilful missing of my very clear and obvious point.

I am sorry that I occasionally find your sentences hard to understand.

You do it all over the place, not just with me, it's your GEEEEENIUS way of trying to re-frame an argument and make it last 5 days longer than it should do in an attempt to tire the other bastard into just quitting :lol: Clearly you see these things as a sort of war of attrition :lol:

No, as soon as I am not entertained I will end an argument. I also DO have troubles understanding some of your sentences, a lot of it could be do to, duh, me not having English as first language.

Oh do me a favour Soulie, your English ain't the problem, it's the dick sprouting out of your forehead :lol:

No need to apologize for looking upon me as an enigma. I kind of like it.

You always did strike me as someone who puts a great deal of care into presentation, admirable.
You could start by looking at the wikipedia entry for "facts" and learn that no one really owns them. They are sort of free to share.

Except they're not facts :lol:

You lost me here. When have I ever "written of entire swathes of populations"? Are you saying that since I posted compassionately about my grandma you don't take me seriously when I say that I believe extremist muslims that are willing to use terror will have to change if they are ever to be successfully integrated in our socities? Is that your argument?

Another classic Soulie move, taking what someones said, re-phrasing it, changing bits in the middle and going 'is that your argument?', no, my argument is the shit I said and it didn't require your putting it in a different way to assist your wilful missing of my very clear and obvious point.

I am sorry that I occasionally find your sentences hard to understand.

You do it all over the place, not just with me, it's your GEEEEENIUS way of trying to re-frame an argument and make it last 5 days longer than it should do in an attempt to tire the other bastard into just quitting :lol: Clearly you see these things as a sort of war of attrition :lol:

No, as soon as I am not entertained I will end an argument. I also DO have troubles understanding some of your sentences, a lot of it could be do to, duh, me not having English as first language.

Oh do me a favour Soulie, your English ain't the problem, it's the dick sprouting out of your forehead :lol:

No, I am sure it is your sentences. No, I mean me.

CNN's expert on Islam, Steve Emerson, talks about how Birmingham in England is full of muslims: In Britain, it’s not just no-go zones, there are actual cities like Birmingham that are totally Muslim where non-Muslims just simply don’t go in. And, parts of London, there are actually Muslim religious police that actually beat and actually wound seriously anyone who doesn’t dress according to religious Muslim attire.

Spurring Cameron to retort: When I heard this, frankly, I choked on my porridge and I thought it must be April Fools’ day. This guy’s clearly a complete idiot. :lol:

i just saw a poem by this Russian guy, Orlusha, it's just a couple of verses, about how God read Charlie Hebdo, said lol what a fucking crap, then wore Je suis Charlie t-shirt and went to the rally. it was so powerful that i couldn't hold back the tears :mellow:

I read this open letter which I found quite interesting in the newspaper today. It's not about the recent terrorist attacks per se, as it was first published last October, but as it's about the problems Islam faces today, it is on topic imo.

It's by a French philosopher, Abdennour Bidar.

http://pamelageller.com/2014/11/in-open-letter-to-muslim-world-french-muslim-philosopher-says-islam-has-given-birth-to-monsters-needs-reform.html/

Yikes. No philosophy there to speak of. Nice mouthpiece for the Western media to parade out there, though. Young, attractive, westernized but Muslim. It's almost like they hand picked him. :lol:

If you want a philosopher's take on this, read Islam and the West. It's an interview with Derrida in 2003 (I think). It's old now, but it's still the best and most relevant thing any philosopher has said about this so-called clash of civilizations.

I thought it was something you stuck on a Ford Orion to clean out the fuel injectors :lol: While a working class monkey in a pair of greasy overalls stands there with his hands on his hips, shakin' his head goin' 'gonna cost ya mate, gonna cost ya'.

Edited by Len B'stard

Socrates was a great soldier. Legendary even.

Meh, he did his best work at Fiorentina. :shrugs:
Calls philosophers "ponces" or whatever that word is and then references soccer. Soft ass Brit. :lol:
In the absence of any and all understanding of the topic at hand simply call everybody a poof and seamlessly segue into talk about footy. It's the British way y'know? :lol:
  • Like 2

Socrates was a great soldier. Legendary even.

Meh, he did his best work at Fiorentina. :shrugs:
Calls philosophers "ponces" or whatever that word is and then references soccer. Soft ass Brit. :lol:
In the absence of any and all understanding of the topic at hand simply call everybody a poof and seamlessly segue into talk about footy. It's the British way y'know? :lol:

I do love that way about you guys. When Americans are confronted with shit we don't understand, we get all flustered and mad and red in the face and ready for a fight. You guys just flip it on its head and crack jokes to take everyone down a peg. It's great. :lol:

Some points from an opinion I just read:

- More muslims die from muslim terrorists than anyone else.

- There is an ongoing "war" in Islam to win the hearts of muslims.

- Islam is "hijacked" by extremists who have emerged since the 1980s.

- Extremist groups like Al-Quada, IS and Taliban is recognized by, among others, violent islamism, hatred towards "the west", and condemnation of other muslims for not being "true" muslims.

- These extremist groups practise a "puritan" form of Islam, in contrast to orthodox and mainstream muslims.

- Whereas orthodox and mainstream muslims are willing to contextualize their religion, e.g. adapt it to the times and evolving socities, the puritan extremists aren't.

- It is wrong to consider all the extremist terrorists as sunni muslims all the time they look upon mainstream sunni muslims as non-muslims.

- The seed of muslim extremism was sown in the 1800 century with the writings of Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahab who defined only the most puritan interpretations of Islam as correct.

- This led to Wahabism, an extreme movement in Islam that is to a large extent the ideological source for today's extremist groups.

- Wahabs romanticising of violence and unwillingness to contextualize Islam are direct inspirations and motivation for today's extremist groups.

- All this being said, most people who follow the teachings of Wahab is not supportive of the extremist groups.

- Today's extremists is to a large extent comprised of violent young men, many with criminal backgrounds.

- Their apocalyptic interpretation of Islam hides lives lacking spirituality and knowledge about Islam. An example of this is from two Brits who travelled to fight in Syria and carried "Islam for Dummies" and "The Quoran for Dummies" in their luggage.

- This puritan movement in Islam does not exist in a vaccuum but in the ecosystem of geopolitical unrest and socio-economic conditions we see today.

- Orthodox and mainstream muslims must intensify the theological and spiritual war to win the hearts of muslims and prevent radicalization, attack hatred against "the west", and limit the access to extremist puritans.

- The West must realize that the massacre in Paris is not evidence of a "culture war between the West and Islam", this, and similar attacks, is carried ouy by small groups of Wahabists that are enemies of most orthodox and mainstream muslims, too.

- Western socities must realize that preaching, beards and hijabs are not signs of extremism but normal expressions of muslims.

- It is possible to be a muslim and a loyal european.

This was a hurried translation of the major points. One would think these things are trivial, but by looking at anti-muslim demonstrations taking place across Europe in the aftermath of the Paris murderes, I am afraid it isn't so. I usually don't agree much with the author, but I found this article quite good. The whole thing can be read here: http://www.aftenposten.no/meninger/kronikker/Kronikk-Hvordan-slukke-brannen-i-islams-hus-7858611.html

Im surprised nobody has mentioned this yet.

In the wake of last week's tragic Paris terror attacks, the Muslim mayor of Rotterdam has launched a strongly worded attack to Islamist extremists living in the West who turn against freedom - by telling them to f*ck off. The Labour politician, who leads one of Netherlands most highly populated cities, made the comments following the brutal murder of 17 people in Paris last week: 12 of whom died at the headquarters of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.

The Koucahi brothers, who carried out the attack at the Charlie Hebdo office, are believed to have acted in retaliation against controversial cartoons of the Prophet Mohamed featured in the publication. Witnesses reported that the pair shouted: "We have avenged the Prophet Mohamed" during the massacre.

Its incomprehensible that you turn against freedom like that, but if you dont like this freedom, for heavens sake, get your suitcase, and leave, the 53-year-old told the current affairs programme Nieuwsuur. "There might be a place where you belong, and be honest with yourself about that, dont kill innocent journalists," Mr Aboutaleb continued.

"This is so backwards, so incomprehensible, go away if you cant find your place in the Netherlands, or accept the society we want to build here, because we only want people, including all those Muslims, and all those well-intentioned Muslims, who may be looked at with suspicion, we want to keep all those people together in what I call the 'We Society'.

"And if you dont like it here because you dont like the humorists who make a little newspaper if I may dare say so just f*** off," he declared.

The son of an imam, Moroccan-born Mr Aboutaleb arrived in the Netherlands aged 15 in 1976, according to the Telegraph. Having previously served as the social affairs state secretary, in 2008 he was elected as the first immigrant to become a mayor a city in the Netherlands.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/muslim-mayor-of-rotterdam-ahmed-aboutaleb-tells-extremists-who-dont-like-freedom-to-f-off-9975459.html