Attack on French satirical magazine who posted jokes about the prophet Mohammed - 12 killed

SoulMonster

so what exactly did they incriminate to that Dieudonné guy? an FB status? i doubt there's a chapter in French criminal code about being the "apologist for terrorism". there is probably a chapter about "accomplice of terrorists", but obviously that's not the case...

There is a law on apology for terrorism. I don't know if the translation is very accurate though. It is a law trying to prevent groups from radicalizing.

what is it about? like, public incitement to terrorist activity or public justification of terrorism? it will be hard to prove that Charlie Coulibaly FB status has anything to do with that

so what exactly did they incriminate to that Dieudonné guy? an FB status? i doubt there's a chapter in French criminal code about being the "apologist for terrorism". there is probably a chapter about "accomplice of terrorists", but obviously that's not the case...

There is a law on apology for terrorism. I don't know if the translation is very accurate though. It is a law trying to prevent groups from radicalizing.

what is it about? like, public incitement to terrorist activity or public justification of terrorism? it will be hard to prove that Charlie Coulibaly FB status has anything to do with that

I don't really know it all that well, but the Dutch term literally translated means 'glorification of terrorism'. Maybe that's clearer? So that in itself is punishable, it's not only incitement. It is mainly directed at the recruiters of Syrian warriors, as far as I understand.

As for Dieudonné, I think it has more to do with his past than merely his FB status. But I don't know, that's just my guess. Plus, he had to report to the police office and didn't go, that's why he was arrested. But he's free and awaiting trial now.

I don't really know it all that well, but the Dutch term literally translated means 'glorification of terrorism'. Maybe that's clearer? So that in itself is punishable, it's not only incitement. It is mainly directed at the recruiters of Syrian warriors, as far as I understand.

As for Dieudonné, I think it has more to do with his past than merely his FB status. But I don't know, that's just my guess. Plus, he had to report to the police office and didn't go, that's why he was arrested. But he's free and awaiting trial now.

thanks for clarification, Leo. this trial will be interesting to watch for so many reasons

. A drunk driver who caused an accident and yelled at the police that he wished there were more Kouachis and he hoped they would be next, got four years jail sentence. There have been five convictions, apparently, the drunk man being the worst.

but he probably got 4 years of jail for drunk driving, no?

Don't think so. He wouldn't get convicted in less than a week if it was only drunk driving.

Why not, i did :lol: Well, fortnight.

. A drunk driver who caused an accident and yelled at the police that he wished there were more Kouachis and he hoped they would be next, got four years jail sentence. There have been five convictions, apparently, the drunk man being the worst.

Don't think so. He wouldn't get convicted in less than a week if it was only drunk driving.
Everything's faster the second time around. :lol:

Wow, that's efficient! I'm sorry, justice here is very sluggish, so to be convicted for drunk driving within a week is barely imaginable. Maybe it's different in France, though I doubt that.

Wow, that's efficient! I'm sorry, justice here is very sluggish, so to be convicted for drunk driving within a week is barely imaginable. Maybe it's different in France, though I doubt that.

It was Refusal to Provide a Specimen for Analysis so i guess it's kind of an open and shut case.

I respectfully disagree with people saying Chadlie should have refrained themselves from going full retard.

Only taking my example here but I'm a believer.

Do you know what happens when someone mocks my beliefs ?

How I feel ?

I feel absolutely nothing. I'm not even peeved and I don't even wish that person would shut up because my belief is strong enough to maintain itself under all circumstances and because it doesn't need any validation from anyone.

I suppose banning stuff from being said is easier than actullly reaching a place where you don't mind stuff that's been said simply because it sounds so far from your truth that it doesn't matter at all.

Everything's faster the second time around. :lol:

You better fuckin' hope so skip cuz another week long labour and the Missus is gonna beat you to death with your own shoes :lol:

Scare us into submission. People tend not to question government overreach as much when they're scared. See Patriot Act.

It's difficult when only yesterday they were able to prevent an attack by killing two and arresting one terrorist. I could live with this being a temporary measure, I suppose, but I see there's a huge risk, I'd hate it if we found this kind of 'protection' normal in the future. Armed police or soldiers give me anything but a safe feeling at the moment.

I know. It just doesn't feel right.

Jewish schools were closed today and a rabbi in Brussels has asked to have two police officers in front of every Jewish building at all times, or else to allow Jews to carry weapons. Luckily, most (Jews) think this is ridiculous. I mean, police officers are now allowed to take their guns home, because they were the target. Yesterday evening, one accidentally shot in his own leg and his colleague's foot.

People are using this to try and push all sort of horrible measures through, in the mean time saying we should all be calm and don't panic.

Ugh.

On the bright side, I'll be in Europe in March so I'm gonna feel right at home.

Manchester by any chance? :D

No, unfortunately. Interestingly enough, it's a Holocaust themed trip. We'll be in Berlin, Prague, Krakow and Warsaw primarily.

Sounds like the most depressing theme idea for a vacation ever.

• Like 2

Ugh.

No, unfortunately. Interestingly enough, it's a Holocaust themed trip. We'll be in Berlin, Prague, Krakow and Warsaw primarily.

:lol:

It's not a vacation. It's with the school.

Ugh.

:lol:

It's not a vacation. It's with the school.

And you don't even like death.

• Like 1