Films That Mark Your Favourite/Favorite Thespian's Decline; The turning point where it all went downhill from there...

Snake-Pit

My favorite thesbian is Lisa Ann...and she just gets better with age :D

1996, Bill Murray

MV5BODM0NzY3NjcyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODYz
Larger Than Life (1996)

Bill Murray used to be all Ghostbusters and Groundhog Day, then this happened and at best he was a cameo in Space Jam.
The dark years of Lost In Translation may be redeemed in a recent Expendables style cinematic return in The Monuments Men.

WTF?
He likes Jack and Jill. Nuff said really no?

No I don't... That's the point.

But you do consider Monuments Men an upswing from Lost in Translation? Which is much worse than liking Jack and Jill. :lol:

On topic - Pacino post Dog Day Afternoon.

Scarface, Carlito's Way, Scent of a Woman, Heat. Donnie Brasco, Devil's Advocate?

I love this scene

Hey you....yeah you! You...you wop! Spaghetti dick!

:lol:

My favorite bit is:

Benny: Hey Mr Brigante, maybe you don't remember me, I'm Benny Blanco fr...

Carlito: Maybe i don't give a shit? Maybe i don't remember the last time i blew my nose? You think you like me motherfucker? You ain't like me, you a punk. Chain snatchin', jive ass, maricon motherfuckers. Get outta here, g'head, go snatch a purse.

• Like 2

1996, Bill Murray

Larger Than Life (1996)

Bill Murray used to be all Ghostbusters and Groundhog Day, then this happened and at best he was a cameo in Space Jam.

The dark years of Lost In Translation may be redeemed in a recent Expendables style cinematic return in The Monuments Men.

WTF?

But you do consider Monuments Men an upswing from Lost in Translation? Which is much worse than liking Jack and Jill. :lol:

Oddly enough, the best performance Hammy Al has given post Dog Day Afternoon is in Jack and Jill

1996, Bill Murray

Larger Than Life (1996)

WTF?

Oddly enough, the best performance Hammy Al has given post Dog Day Afternoon is in Jack and Jill

:lol: Have you read Armond White's review of Jack and Jill? It's what made me watch the goddamn thing, and I shamelessly admit I enjoyed it.

I'm not suggesting Pacino hasn't done good work since Dog Day. But he was an astonishingly beautiful and nuanced actor on screen for the first decade (or so) of his career and that film marks the end of that particular era. Which is a tragedy, because no amount of charisma and random yelling can compete with what he was capable of in his youth. IMO, the closest he's come to giving a genuinely considered performance since then was in You Don't Know Jack.

• 3 months later...

I haven't seen jack n Jill, but now that I realize its Adam Sandler doing the gap girl I want to see it.

I really liked Luke and Owen Wilson after seeing Bottle Rocket for the first time. But, after Royal Tenenbaums Luke really became another shitty Hollywood actor in crap movies, and fell from my good graces. Owen did that too, but he's the butterscotch stallion, I'll see him in anything. His act never gets old.

1996, Bill Murray

Larger Than Life (1996)

WTF?

Scarface, Carlito's Way, Scent of a Woman, Heat. Donnie Brasco, Devil's Advocate?

I love this scene

Mr Brigante, maybe you dont remember me, im Benny Bl..

Maybe i dont give a shit? Maybe i dont remember the last time i blew my nose? What, you think you like me? You aint like me motherfucker, you a punk. Chain snatchin' jive ass Maricon motherfucker, g'head, go snatch a purse!

:lol:

I'm stumped. Not sure who my favorite actor is. And most of have comebacks.

Not sure Chevy Chase did anything after the invisible man.

I guess Vegas Vacation and Hot tub Time machine were pretty good.

Edited by wasted

Yeah I remember learning that from Kevin Smith. They were going to make another Fletch movie with Jason Lee but Fletch wanted to play himself. So is Bruce Willy. Actors are kind of tossers really. Everyone I met was either a lovey or narcissist.

Edited by wasted

Chevy Chase is supposed to be an insufferable cunt and a nightmare to work with. All his co-stars hate him.

Thank god I never had to work with him. I love everything he is in. A fairly unknown movie he's been in that I would recommend is "Funny Money", from 2008 or there abouts.

I still can't get over that the premise of this thread is that somehow Bill Murray doing Lost in Translation was somehow a bad thing. He was nominated for the Best Actor Oscar for chrissakes.

Bill Murray was always great but he's really taken it up several notches starting with Rushmore, continuing to Lost In Translation and since, barring the odd choice to do 2 Garfield movies...

Dude, Community!!!!
I've seen that. It's like he finally arrived. I guess there's no down time with Cornelius.

One I read he opened his own bank. The Chse Bank. I was going to transfer my over draft to his bank.

I don't believe him being an asshole. It's just being Chevy is a tough. To stay Chevy and not compromise. There's just some things Chevy won't say or do.

Dude, Community!!!!
I've seen that. It's like he finally arrived. I guess there's no down time with Cornelius.

One I read he opened his own bank. The Chse Bank. I was going to transfer my over draft to his bank.

I don't believe him being an asshole. It's just being Chevy is a tough. To stay Chevy and not compromise. There's just some things Chevy won't say or do.

I still can't get over that the premise of this thread is that somehow Bill Murray doing Lost in Translation was somehow a bad thing. He was nominated for the Best Actor Oscar for chrissakes.

Bill Murray was always great but he's really taken it up several notches starting with Rushmore, continuing to Lost In Translation and since, barring the odd choice to do 2 Garfield movies...

He thought he was working with one of the Coen brothers when he signed on for Garfield.

He thought he was working with one of the Coen brothers when he signed on for Garfield.

I've seen him say that...did he think the same thing when he signed on for the sequel?

I've seen him say that...did he think the same thing when he signed on for the sequel?

I think he agreed to do both movies in the beginning but he's talked about making it in different interviews & Reddit. It sounded like a mess but it probably helped him in making Fantastic Mr Fox.

Edited by dalsh327
  • Like 1