Rocky Balboa: which movie do you like the most?

supercool

Which is your favorite Rocky?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you look at the type of fighters created, Stallone is obviously a boxing fan and has obviously thought about this stuff. Rocky is a slugger. His model was Chuck Wepner but you might also say, Micky Ward or LaMotta.. Apollo Creed is like a cocky out boxer a la Ali or Sugar Ray Leonard (or Mayweather). What would be Lang, a puncher or maybe an Infighter? Draco would be a puncher. Also, Rocky has to become a switch hitter on the second one like Hagler. He then has to become a bit of an outboxer himself on the 3rd one. On the 6th one, they turn him into a puncher (on the premise, that punchers, no matter how old, always have a chance); I think the model here was Foreman in the '90s.

Edited by DieselDaisy

In terms of being good films, 1 and 2 and then 3,4,5 and 6 are the same old shite over and again basically. In terms of personal enjoyment levels, i dunno, it's difficult to judge, having raped these movies to death in my mouth I'm kinda sick of em all. But at a push, hmm, 1,2 get the first two spots, 3,4 and 5, affections aside are all the same kinda pants...and 6 is good for what it is but it's like they left it way too late in the day to actually start trying, oh what, when the characters in his fuckin' 60s now it's time to put your back into it a bit? :lol: 3 and 4 at least have a sort of overblown 1980s comic book appeal.

Literally the fuckin' worst bit of acting in the history of these films comes in 6, this big fuckin' masterpiece supposedly, that whole bit where he's arguing with Paulie about 'living backwards" over Adrian being dead.

*dumbass voice* IT WAS TAH ME! Just shut the fuck up you crooked mouthed motherfucker :lol:

I do like em, i love em in fact...but i love em knowing that, as films, they are fucking naff :lol: Or at least i love the first 5, 6 is good too but i find i dont develop the same affection for movies that i did as a kid now I'm older.

And yeah, there's a fuckin' whole rundown of boxing folks in em all, Tommy 'The Duke' Morrison (John Waynes nephew and heavyweight fighter) and Antonio Tarver was in 6, Mike Tyson was too if you keep your eyes peeled, lots of the people on the fringes too.

In terms of being good films, 1 and 2 and then 3,4,5 and 6 are the same old shite over and again basically. In terms of personal enjoyment levels, i dunno, it's difficult to judge, having raped these movies to death in my mouth I'm kinda sick of em all. But at a push, hmm, 1,2 get the first two spots, 3,4 and 5, affections aside are all the same kinda pants...and 6 is good for what it is but it's like they left it way too late in the day to actually start trying, oh what, when the characters in his fuckin' 60s now it's time to put your back into it a bit? :lol: 3 and 4 at least have a sort of overblown 1980s comic book appeal.

Literally the fuckin' worst bit of acting in the history of these films comes in 6, this big fuckin' masterpiece supposedly, that whole bit where he's arguing with Paulie about 'living backwards" over Adrian being dead.

*dumbass voice* IT WAS TAH ME! Just shut the fuck up you crooked mouthed motherfucker :lol:

I was touched my scene dude!

His model was Chuck Wepner but you might also say, Micky Ward or LaMotta.. Apollo Creed is like a cocky out boxer a la Ali

And uh, what did the real Creed do to the real Rocky? :D

I do know that the real Rocky put the real Creed on the canvas in the 9th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_92K8k31rU

Edited by DieselDaisy

His model was Chuck Wepner but you might also say, Micky Ward or LaMotta.. Apollo Creed is like a cocky out boxer a la Ali

And uh, what did the real Creed do to the real Rocky? :D

I do know that the real Rocky put the real Creed on the canvas in the 9th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_92K8k31rU

Or, the real creed slipped cuz the real rocky was using the real illegal act of stepping on his foot as he punched him, resulting in the rest of the fight being a one sided panelling ending in a 15th round knockout.

I like the first and last movie in the franchise, everything in between is too dated and cheesy. I liked how Stallone went back and gave the character a proper send off with Rocky Balboa, which I'm sure will now be messed up with Creed.

And that boxing movie Sly did with De Niro was major :facepalm:

"Anything he hits, he destroys!"

There's a funny story going around about some thieves breaking into Lundgren's house in Spain back in 2009. They tied up his wife and ransacked the house but upon seeing a family photo and recognising Dolph they dropped everything, untied his wife, apoligised and fled before Lundgren returned home. :lol:

• Like 1