Rocky Balboa: which movie do you like the most?

supercool

Which is your favorite Rocky?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's another one on the way?

It's unnecessary but I'll definitely watch it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_(film_series)#Creed

On July 24, 2013, it was announced that MGM has offered Fruitvale Station director Ryan Coogler to direct a spinoff of Rocky. The film will focus on a man following in the footsteps of his grandfather, Apollo Creed, and getting a mentor in the now-retired Rocky Balboa. Michael B. Jordan has been offered the role of Creed's grandson, and Stallone will reprise his character of Rocky, in a script co-written by Coogler and Aaron Covington. Filming will begin in January 2015 in Philadelphia.

There's another one on the way?

It's unnecessary but I'll definitely watch it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_(film_series)#Creed

On July 24, 2013, it was announced that MGM has offered Fruitvale Station director Ryan Coogler to direct a spinoff of Rocky. The film will focus on a man following in the footsteps of his grandfather, Apollo Creed, and getting a mentor in the now-retired Rocky Balboa. Michael B. Jordan has been offered the role of Creed's grandson, and Stallone will reprise his character of Rocky, in a script co-written by Coogler and Aaron Covington. Filming will begin in January 2015 in Philadelphia.

Maybe Drago could appear and apologise for the events in 4?

I'm more excited about Rambo 5 than Rocky 7.

Nearly as good as Mr T versus Rowdy Roddy Piper's boxing match at Wrestlemania II in 86.

I dunno man, didn't that old geezer teach Rocky to KEEP HIS FUCKING HANDS UP to defend his head or geez, I dunno...throw some punches in retaliation?

Edited by DR DOOM

As a HUGE Rocky fan, I just want to discuss something here; anyone that honestly feels Rocky 4 is the best must have been dropped on their head as a child. While I do really like Rocky 4, I can make the case that its the 2nd worst of the entire series. It IS a flawed film, unrealistic, and a little cheezy. Now I'm not saying I don't love it, because I do, but I also admit that I even like Rocky 5, because I love all of those films, but Rocky 4 is HIGHLY overrated amoung fans. So an untested, amature fighter who just happens to be from Russia gets a shot at a former champion and kills him in the ring? Then the current champion decides to go and fight the guy, in Russia, and pulls off an HUGE underdog victory. Is it just me or is this entire premise seem very UNLIKELY??? The entire film is just, out there. I can't not imagine a single plausible scenerio where this would even remotley happen in real life, that's why I rate that film as the second worst of the series. At least with Rocky 3, we had Clubber Lang climbing the ranks, getting his title shot, and actually kicking Rocky's ass. Plus Mickey dies, then Rocky has to learn from Apollo on how to beat Clubber, and does so in the rematch. It just seems SO much more plausable than Rocky 4. Hell even Rocky 5 and Balboa are more realistic plots than Rocky 4.

But having said all of that, Rocky is the clear cut, Oscar winning, best film of the series. Honestly it's not even close....

Here are my rankings:

1. Rocky

2. Rocky 2

3. Rocky 3

4. Rocky Balboa

5. Rocky 4

6. Rocky 5

I debated between Rocky 3 and Balboa for the 3rd spot, but in the end went with 3 because Mr. T plays a great antagonist. Plus the idea of a 50 something ex champion, giving the current champ a rugged and tough fight is not really plausable either. If you don't believe me, go watch Tyson, Ali, Louis, Holmes, and many other greats at the end of their careers, they all get the shit kicked out of them. It wouldn't of made for a good film, but truthfully thats how Rocky Balboa should have gone as well....

• Like 3

As a HUGE Rocky fan, I just want to discuss something here; anyone that honestly feels Rocky 4 is the best must have been dropped on their head as a child. While I do really like Rocky 4, I can make the case that its the 2nd worst of the entire series. It IS a flawed film, unrealistic, and a little cheezy. Now I'm not saying I don't love it, because I do, but I also admit that I even like Rocky 5, because I love all of those films, but Rocky 4 is HIGHLY overrated amoung fans. So an untested, amature fighter who just happens to be from Russia gets a shot at a former champion and kills him in the ring? Then the current champion decides to go and fight the guy, in Russia, and pulls off an HUGE underdog victory. Is it just me or is this entire premise seem very UNLIKELY??? The entire film is just, out there. I can't not imagine a single plausible scenerio where this would even remotley happen in real life, that's why I rate that film as the second worst of the series. At least with Rocky 3, we had Clubber Lang climbing the ranks, getting his title shot, and actually kicking Rocky's ass. Plus Mickey dies, then Rocky has to learn from Apollo on how to beat Clubber, and does so in the rematch. It just seems SO much more plausable than Rocky 4. Hell even Rocky 5 and Balboa are more realistic plots than Rocky 4.

But having said all of that, Rocky is the clear cut, Oscar winning, best film of the series. Honestly it's not even close....

Here are my rankings:

1. Rocky

2. Rocky 2

3. Rocky 3

4. Rocky Balboa

5. Rocky 4

6. Rocky 5

I debated between Rocky 3 and Balboa for the 3rd spot, but in the end went with 3 because Mr. T plays a great antagonist. Plus the idea of a 50 something ex champion, giving the current champ a rugged and tough fight is not really plausable either. If you don't believe me, go watch Tyson, Ali, Louis, Holmes, and many other greats at the end of their careers, they all get the shit kicked out of them. It wouldn't of made for a good film, but truthfully thats how Rocky Balboa should have gone as well....

What the buggery does realism have to do with it? :lol:
  • Like 1