Happy birthday AXL!

Wow I never thought slash would say that! Axl played a massive part in how great slash is

Slash said it a couple years ago on Twitter. It was like "Today is Duff's bday, tomorrow the redhead. Happy bday fuckers"

I'm embarrassed to say I remember this but it's part of being a GN'R-nerd I suppose.

Axl isn't a big Twitter guy and he doesn't follow Slash so even if he does check Twitter today, chances are Slash's tweet will get lost among all the "OMG I LOVE YOU AXL11!! THANK YOU BETA BY BRING HIM BACK TO BRAZIL JAJAJA" messages. So unless he reads this thread or someone within his inner circle brings it up to him then Axl won't even know that Slash said it.

• Like 1

Wow I never thought slash would say that! Axl played a massive part in how great slash is

Slash said it a couple years ago on Twitter. It was like "Today is Duff's bday, tomorrow the redhead. Happy bday fuckers"

I'm embarrassed to say I remember this but it's part of being a GN'R-nerd I suppose.

Axl isn't a big Twitter guy and he doesn't follow Slash

He doesn't follow anyone at all!

I remember slash saying happy birthday to the redhead , but never called him by his name

Good for Slash. I agree, its a pretty big deal (like not really, but thats never been done before) with Slash actually mentioning him by name. Glad to see Slash doesn't hold the stupid grudge, and I'm sure on some level this'll piss Axl off but it really shouldn't. They should be able to wish each other happy birthdays. I bet Axl and most will think its just for publicity on Slash's part, and selfishly it is a great image I have of watching Slash sitting there thinking "get a load of this" right before tweeting that. Imagine having that much power on something so stupid.

• Like 1

Good for Slash. I agree, its a pretty big deal (like not really, but thats never been done before) with Slash actually mentioning him by name. Glad to see Slash doesn't hold the stupid grudge, and I'm sure on some level this'll piss Axl off but it really shouldn't. They should be able to wish each other happy birthdays. I bet Axl and most will think its just for publicity on Slash's part, and selfishly it is a great image I have of watching Slash sitting there thinking "get a load of this" right before tweeting that. Imagine having that much power on something so stupid.

I'm sure it's ruined Axl's birthday. Slash: Mission Accomplished.

• Like 1

It is kinda interesting though. When was the last time slash wished Axl a happy birthday? Wasn't it the same year of the hof? And Del tweeting and tagging Slash?

I hate being that guy, but this is the first time in the four years I've been here (and the first time ever, really) that I have a gut feeling something's being worked out behind the scenes. Even if it's just merely establishing peace and nothing more.

• Like 2

It is kinda interesting though. When was the last time slash wished Axl a happy birthday? Wasn't it the same year of the hof? And Del tweeting and tagging Slash?

I hate being that guy, but this is the first time in the four years I've been here (and the first time ever, really) that I have a gut feeling something's being worked out behind the scenes. Even if it's just merely establishing peace and nothing more.

Hm, interesting. Possibly has to do with Slash's new hairline? Could it be? Slash wants to upset Axl into releasing CDII? Bobbo, I think you may have stumbled upon a conspiracy of gargantuan proportions.

• Like 1

I don't think a reunion is being worked out or anything (despite that whole Eddie Trunk weird thing he said), but I do think they are all finally coming to the place where they are happy with each other and their past. Duff playing with Axl, Slash getting a second divorce and probably doing some reevaluation and, while he was never a grudge guy, I'm sure he is trying to make amends at his age. The only hold out would be Axl, and with new GNR not on tour there's always that possibility that he's calming down.

I don't think anything on Axl's terms are closer than its ever been, but I do agree the atmosphere and everything we hear with former members sounds more positive than it has in awhile. You know, besides Slash's passive aggressive not remember DJ's name which probably pissed Axl off lol.

Nothing is happening behind the scenes.if Slash is wishing Axl happy birthday through twitter that means they still are not on talking terms. I bet duff calls Axl today because they talk again. Slash would do the same if He had Axl's number.

Slash use to send him Christmas cards! Axl just never responds.

I hate being that guy, but this is the first time in the four years I've been here (and the first time ever, really) that I have a gut feeling something's being worked out behind the scenes.

+1

anything can happen, even a reunion