NEWS FLASH: Slash does NOT appear in Spongebob movie

I just got home from seeing the new Spongebob movie and Slash was nowhere to be found. I have absolutely no idea why they'd show him in the trailer, and maybe he'll appear in a DVD deleted scene or something (even though I figured he was just a visual cameo and had no lines), but he is 100% not in the final film. Just thought everyone should know that since he was so prominently featured in the trailer.

In terms of the film, I thought it sucked. I was swayed to go by the many positive reviews, and having really enjoyed Spongebob as a child, but this was nothing like the classic old episodes that had great humor for all ages and was simply milking this dead brand for all its worth. And no Slash? No thanks.

if only there were a website online -- an internet movie database, if you will -- where one could check and see the cast members of a film before dropping ten bucks to go and see it.

Tbf, checking IMDb before seeing a film can spoil a surprise cameo or appearance in a film.

Loved the first Spongebob movie, saw it twice in the cinema. Will still check this one out.

if only there were a website online -- an internet movie database, if you will -- where one could check and see the cast members of a film before dropping ten bucks to go and see it.

I just checked and it's not there. Which is weird because on January 12th my brother sent me an e-mail asking whether it was real Slash on the trailer and I then checked from the IMDB to make sure. Now I checked from the email I sent to my brother that day and it said Slash was listed there then as Jerry Vandergeld. So it wasn't even going to be a cameo...?

Edit: here you can see him mentioned as Jerry Vandergeld:

http://www.samtarry.com/movies/34639-the-spongebob-movie-sponge-out-of-water

Edited by LandOla

Considering that Spongebob is only roughly 50% less washed-up than Slash, they really should have thrown the poor dog a bone and kept him in there. Any exposure he can get at this point is crucial.

On second thought though, he's on the cusp of matching the astonishing success that GN'R has become, he doesn't need an irrelevant cartoon to take over the world. Fuck Spongebob for this rejection.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I wanted to see the movie anyway lol. Would not sit through a movie like that for just a 2 second cameo of Slash if I did not want to see it.

DJ would've been a much more logical choice. He better than the old one.

The producers made a last minute decision to replace Slash with Paul Tobias.

I have nothing to add on the subject other than the fact that both of these posts made me laugh.

DJ would've been a much more logical choice. He better than the old one.

The producers made a last minute decision to replace Slash with Paul Tobias.

I have nothing to add on the subject other than the fact that both of these posts made me laugh.

My topical GNR-Slash comment didn't make you laugh? :(