Women discrimination in laws

SoulMonster

Just read this in a newspapers.

The world's ten worst laws for women.

1. Saudi Arabia.

The legality of polygamy.

2. India.

It is not rape if it is between husband and wife.

3. Bahamas.

Rape is only found outside of marriage.

4. Malta.

A kidnapper who marries the abductee, can not be convicted of the kidnapping.

5. Nigeria.

A husband may physically punish his wife if it is intended to correct her behaviour.

6. The Democratic Rep. of Congo.

The wife is obligated to live with the husband and follow him to wherever he wants to live.

7. Guinea.

A wife can have a different job than her husband, if he allows it.

8. Jemen.

A wife must provide sex to her husband, if she isn't ill.

9. USA.

A mother may not transfer citizenship to her children on the same conditions as a father, when the child is born outside of marriage.

10. Saudi Arabia.

Female drivers are not only illegal, it is a immoral.

1. Saudi Arabia.

The legality of polygamy.

This doesn't have to be a bad thing ...

If you have lots of women in the same house, they can share the household tasks .... it's better to everyone :)

8. Jemen.

A wife must provide sex to her husband, if she isn't ill.

How can someone not agree with this? :awesomeface:

10. Saudi Arabia.

Female drivers are not only illegal, it is a immoral.

It's a matter of common sense and public security ... it's nothing to do with morality .... :P

Teaching Gatsby right now. This makes me chuckle.

Jordan Baker instinctively avoided clever, shrewd men, and now I saw that this was because she felt safer on a plane where any divergence from a code would be thought impossible. She was incurably dishonest. She wasn’t able to endure being at a disadvantage and, given this unwillingness, I suppose she had begun dealing in subterfuges when she was very young in order to keep that cool, insolent smile turned to the world and yet satisfy the demands of her hard, jaunty body.

It made no difference to me. Dishonesty in a woman is a thing you never blame deeply – I was casually sorry, and then I forgot.

Teaching Gatsby right now. This makes me chuckle.

Jordan Baker instinctively avoided clever, shrewd men, and now I saw that this was because she felt safer on a plane where any divergence from a code would be thought impossible. She was incurably dishonest. She wasn’t able to endure being at a disadvantage and, given this unwillingness, I suppose she had begun dealing in subterfuges when she was very young in order to keep that cool, insolent smile turned to the world and yet satisfy the demands of her hard, jaunty body.

It made no difference to me. Dishonesty in a woman is a thing you never blame deeply – I was casually sorry, and then I forgot.

lol

Edited by Rovim

My Grandad had three wives. I mean they never all lived in the same yard, the first two just had friction with him so he told em to sling their hook and had another one, without divorcing the other two, which is legal back in Kashmir. And quite frankly they didnt wannabe divorced, even when seperated cuz in that culture it would have represented that they'd done something wrong or immoral.

One of em was ridiculous, they had an argument, she stomped off to her parents and he just never asked her back. After a couple of years she wanted to come back and would have if he'd go get her but he refused, saying that he didnt tell her to leave and he wont ask her to come back though shes welcome to just come back. But she didnt cuz he wouldnt come and so it remained that way til the day she died, she wanted to come back right to the end too.

Edited by Len B'stard

The child support laws in the UK are pretty shit. Very easy to wriggle out of paying any child support, this works boths ways of course but proportionally affects more women than men. Funny how the inland revenue can hunt you down, jail you, fine you or add attachments to earnings but the CSA can't even find out where someone lives. Just to put the boot in the resident parent now has to pay a fee to use their non guaranteed, shitty service.

How in the fuck is polygamy #1? :lol:

I was thinking about that as well. No way it's ranked at #1 among these?

According to the article, it really is. I must say I actually spent some minutes trying to find the English source to the article without success.

What do you mean according to them it really is? What, do they have some sort of bad for women formula that they plug into a calculator and polygamy comes out #1? :lol:

How in the fuck is polygamy #1? :lol:

I was thinking about that as well. No way it's ranked at #1 among these?

According to the article, it really is. I must say I actually spent some minutes trying to find the English source to the article without success.

What do you mean according to them it really is? What, do they have some sort of bad for women formula that they plug into a calculator and polygamy comes out #1? :lol:

I meant to say that the list is in prioritized order :)