Second Shooting In Denmark.

bran

Muslims! Religion of peace!, etc.

What the fuck is going on in Denmark?

IF the people committing these acts are doing so for or against a religion, then by all means people will have something to say. It is too fresh to comment yet other than other shooting so far. This is real people being shot, in real life, this will cause anger.

IF the people committing these acts are doing so for or against a religion, then by all means people will have something to say. It is too fresh to comment yet other than other shooting so far. This is real people being shot, in real life, this will cause anger.

I was making fun of SS, I was hardly being serious.

Where did the other thread go? SS pushed buttons for sure but the discussions about terror should be had if we can, these events are big news

Edited by gunsguy

Where did the other thread go? SS pushed buttons for sure but the discussions about terror should be had if we can.

I assume when a thread turns shitty enough the mods just say "fuck this."

• Like 2

Where did the other thread go? SS pushed buttons for sure but the discussions about terror should be had if we can.

I assume when a thread turns shitty enough the mods just say "fuck this."

I honestly don't know. Maybe that's what happened.

Any updates on motives, suspects post them here.

Edited by gunsguy

so far 1 dead 6 injured.

the first shooting occurred at a cafe where freedom of speech rally in support of swedish cartoonists who made cartoons of mohammed. the second shooting happened near a synagogue. police are acting as if there might be more than one shooting.

cops released this photo of a person that may have a connection to the first shooting.

150214150809-copenhagen-individual-mediu

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/14/europe/denmark-shooting/

so far 1 dead 6 injured.

the first shooting occurred at a cafe where freedom of speech rally in support of swedish cartoonists who made cartoons of mohammed. the second shooting happened near a synagogue. police are acting as if there might be more than one shooting.

cops released this photo of a person that may have a connection to the first shooting.

Hard to make out from that image but he doesn't look well armed. Wonder what the gun was?

so far 1 dead 6 injured.

Hard to make out from that image but he doesn't look well armed. Wonder what the gun was?

the description was a black machine gun. which can mean an infinite number of guns both semi auto or fully auto. my guess is if this was like the france in which it was a more planned event i would guess it was full auto, but then again to get away as he did it wasnt like the france shooting in which it seemed like a suicidal mission.

This has nothing to do with "multiculturalism" because this is not a result of "cultures clashing". This is the result of a lone killer who are opposed to (some of) our values. He does not represent any "culture" because no culture, as far I I know of, would applaud his actions (except, perhaps a few of the more extremist jihadist Islamistic groups).

What is the result of "multiculturalism", though, is when low-IQ youth who are confused and afraid, attack innocent Muslims and burn down mosques in Sweden, because they can't handle seeing dark-skinned people with strange customs among themselves, or because they find that their lack of any job-related skills and abilities makes them out-competed in the job-market by immigrants who actually are able to add vaue to society, in contrast to themselves.

great post.

it seems the person responsible is dead.

wannabe skinheads can take a flying fuck.

Edited by bran

Thanks. I am not saying immigrants aren't at fault at all for the conflicts seen in Sweden (and Denmark), there are bad apples everywhere, and marginalized and estranged youth tend to create friction, from both sides. But addressing this as a "conflict of cultures", as if the violence on either side is a component of their respective cultures, and not problems arising from failed integration, rebellious youths, racism, xenophobia, suburb dynamics, unemployment, etc, is disingenious.

• Like 1

it seems a lot different than the paris attacks which seemed well orchestrated(to a point anyway) seemed like a suicide mission to achieve a specific goal. this just seems like one nutjob in a city attacking someone(and others who got in his way) over a religious differences and an opportunity arose for this psycho and he acted. the guy seems like he tried to get away but was killed before he could.

I think when it comes to motivation that this incident and the Paris shooting is very similar, the difference lies in the preparation and competence, perhaps.

yeah that could be true as well, we will hear more in the coming days. its a small miracle that him opening fire like that in crowded places with that kind of weapon didn't lead to more damage.

as for your post about immigrants that is spot on.

This has nothing to do with "multiculturalism" because this is not a result of "cultures clashing". This is the result of a lone killer who are opposed to (some of) our values. He does not represent any "culture" because no culture, as far I I know of, would applaud his actions (except, perhaps a few of the more extremist jihadist Islamistic groups).

What is the result of "multiculturalism", though, is when low-IQ youth who are confused and afraid, attack innocent Muslims and burn down mosques in Sweden, because they can't handle seeing dark-skinned people with strange customs among themselves, or because they find that their lack of any job-related skills and abilities makes them out-competed in the job-market by immigrants who actually are able to add vaue to society, in contrast to themselves.

Well, yeah, it has everything to do with multiculturalism. Do you think this would have happened if Denmark hadn't had so many Muslims? Also, you may say that most Muslims doesn't support this, but do you ever see more than a handful of individuals that ever condemn any of it? They DO approve of it. You never see leaders of their countries condemning it saying it has nothing to do with Islam, you never see big demonstrations after terror attacks. They may be non-violent, but they will always take the side of the Muslims when these things happen instead of protesting it and let it be known that "this has nothing to do with Islam".

As for your second part, call me stupid all you want, but I've never been unemployed for a period of time and if you knew anything about the labour market here you'd know that I wouldn't have to worry about competition from immigrants there as most of them are more than content with living on our tax money. Also, I've never set a mosque on fire. Or any other building for that matter.

I don't know. I feel "multiculturalism" comes a bit too many steps back in the casual link. Blaming problems stemming from racism, unemployment, disenchanted youth, xenophobia, theocentrism, etc, on multiculturalism would only work in countries that fairly new to multiculturalism. You don't hear Americans blame the recent conflicts between blacks and cops on "multiculturalism", they perceive the sociological explanations that are at heart of the conflict. Only in countries where large factions of the population is new to foreign cultures, and still maintain a high level of xenophobia, would it be possible to seriously discuss "multiculturalism" as the cause of the problems.

I disagree with your comments on muslims not distancing themselves from terrorist attacks. I am not familiar with Sweden as such, but elsewhere in Europe I do see muslims both grieving and protesting acts of terrorism. At the same time, I don't think muslims have a responsibility to particularly express their opinions in such matters, as if they have something to defend. They don't. That being said, for some youth to become radicalized there must be people around them sharing the same opinions. So yes, there are additional people in muslim minorities who support terrorist attacks, but I think you are very wrong in suggesting they comprise anything but a small minority of muslims in general. The problem is of course that you only need a few disturbed, connected individuals for this process to take place.

One difference is that we in 20 years have seen how much worse our countries have gotten because of multiculturalism. Just take a look at crime statistics. The rape statistics here have sky rocketing ever since the late 80's. We also receive more asylum seekers than any other western country in the world. Asylum seekers are very different from people coming from Mexico to work and get a better life. The last fifteen years we have had a huge immigration from Somalia for example. Lazy illiterates that won't ever work and pay taxes here. Immigration is calculated to costing our society 250 billion SEK every single year. ( http://www.friatider.se/invandringen-kostar-250-miljarder-r )

The last 20 years we've cut down enormously on our welfare and as a result, schools, health care, elderly care, preschool, etc. etc. have become worse and worse. Imagine if we could have spent these money on those things instead. How much better wouldn't our society be. Also, can you mention one thing that's positive about multiculturalism? And don't say food.

It's individuals that does it. But look at all the protests here when we found out about the things at Guatanamo, that Iraq prison I forgot the name of and much more. You don't see them protesting like that.

Something else unrelated to your post is that in the other thread that they deleted for whatever mysterious reason (maybe because I mentioned Thomas Meadow and "The Religion of Peace"?) I saw someone say something like "This is not the same religion 99.9% of the Muslims follow". Well, yes, it's exactly the same religion. A few of them just choose to follow the parts that aren't... violent, in lack of better words. However, know that the Koran was God's own words given to Muhammed, what is said in there is the absolute truth and law for Muslims. So the "Muslims" that choose not to follow the parts they disapprove of are not real Muslims. "Kill the infidels" is God's words and their absolute law.

I agree, there is a lot in the quran where you can find justification for these kind of actions. (I want to say as well, that the old testement of the bible is pretty brutal as well). Most muslims living in the West are aware of the fact in which time period it was written though and ofcourse they condemn these kind of shootings. However in my country a very large percentage of young muslim boys/teens are actually understanding these shootings and do think it's right. This is something we should worry about and we do need to adress this. Denying this is dangerous and not helping anybody. We need to find a way to live better together. To help those kids feel welcome and to make them see, they do have a future here.

I disagree that muslims should say 'sorry' or something. Obviously most do not support these actions. To let them say 'sorry' for something they don't have anything to do with, is not right imo. They made this vid. in my country, to explain this. It's pretty harsh and you can debate wether children should be used for this. And that it was kind of mean to the kids. However it does bring the point across pretty well.

• Like 1