Second Shooting In Denmark.

bran

This has nothing to do with "multiculturalism" because this is not a result of "cultures clashing". This is the result of a lone killer who are opposed to (some of) our values. He does not represent any "culture" because no culture, as far I I know of, would applaud his actions (except, perhaps a few of the more extremist jihadist Islamistic groups).

What is the result of "multiculturalism", though, is when low-IQ youth who are confused and afraid, attack innocent Muslims and burn down mosques in Sweden, because they can't handle seeing dark-skinned people with strange customs among themselves, or because they find that their lack of any job-related skills and abilities makes them out-competed in the job-market by immigrants who actually are able to add vaue to society, in contrast to themselves.

Well, yeah, it has everything to do with multiculturalism. Do you think this would have happened if Denmark hadn't had so many Muslims? Also, you may say that most Muslims doesn't support this, but do you ever see more than a handful of individuals that ever condemn any of it? They DO approve of it. You never see leaders of their countries condemning it saying it has nothing to do with Islam, you never see big demonstrations after terror attacks. They may be non-violent, but they will always take the side of the Muslims when these things happen instead of protesting it and let it be known that "this has nothing to do with Islam".

As for your second part, call me stupid all you want, but I've never been unemployed for a period of time and if you knew anything about the labour market here you'd know that I wouldn't have to worry about competition from immigrants there as most of them are more than content with living on our tax money. Also, I've never set a mosque on fire. Or any other building for that matter.

You are lying and this post worth a suspension, imho

Why on earth would that post on its own merit a suspension?

I disagree with 99% of SS's posts but he speaks from the heart and he's passionate -- engage him, he rarely (ever?) goes on a personal attack on any member and he suffers some very personal attacks.

Like I say. I think his views are very misguided but if he's debating intelligently (non abusive) then challenge and engage him. Screaming 'ban' is just ridiculous.

• Like 1

@Subs

I would never consider going to such a wedding. Arranged wedding, what year are we living in? Is she allowed to drive and go outside the house without her father's permission?

Also, if the vast majority of the Muslims are so outraged about it, perhaps they should make their voice heard about it? You never hear more than a handful individuals denouncing it in any way.

The closest thing I've ever been to speaking to a Muslim is this guy in my class who was born and raised Muslim, but who has realised that it's an evil ideology since he moved to Sweden, so he hates the religion even more than I do. We've discussed Islam lots in fact.

@Motivated

Well, in my not so humble opinion I've not lied at all.

@Subs

I would never consider going to such a wedding. Arranged wedding, what year are we living in? Is she allowed to drive and go outside the house without her father's permission?

Also, if the vast majority of the Muslims are so outraged about it, perhaps they should make their voice heard about it? You never hear more than a handful individuals denouncing it in any way.

The closest thing I've ever been to speaking to a Muslim is this guy in my class who was born and raised Muslim, but who has realised that it's an evil ideology since he moved to Sweden, so he hates the religion even more than I do. We've discussed Islam lots in fact.

@Motivated

Im going because she's a lovely girl (he seems like a nice guy albeit Ibe spoken to him twice) and she's really excited -- im REALLY looking forward to going :) I should add whilst I did post "arranged" I don't think its in the sense of 'they've never met, family organised etc' -- they love each other, he works in a bank, she works in retail, they're reasonably westernised?

@Subs

@Motivated

Im going because she's a lovely girl (he seems like a nice guy albeit Ibe spoken to him twice) and she's really excited -- im REALLY looking forward to going :)

No no no, see that can't happen, how could she be happy, thats not the way we live over here so it can't be functional for other parties, you're just not thinking straight, listen to Satanisk again, then go bang your head against a brick wall til your skull cracks and when you REALLY can't see straight, listen to him again, in that state you'll be well primed to understand the sense he's making :lol:

The inherent demand to suspend rationality and completely trust revealed knowledge as found in holy books and as divulged from priests, definitely makes theisms a challenge to rationality and progress. As such, theisms could easily exploit weak people to commit horrible things, like these aberrant islamic sects are doing. Looking at the accumulative effects of theism on our modern societies, both the good and the bad, I find it obvious we'd be better of without them.

• Like 2

All this hate all religion stuff is a bunch of stuffy reactive bollocks. Folks are just folks the world over and a great many of the worlds population need and want religion so more power to em i say.

i have hated organized religion well before 9/11 or other terror attacks. i dont dislike people for following a religion or talk shit about their religion, but if they ask me i give them my honest and truthful response to it.

• Like 1

Also, if the vast majority of the Muslims are so outraged about it, perhaps they should make their voice heard about it?

What, to win your favour you mean? Then you'd think they were alright? And your way to prompting them to say that is calling em fuckin' animals? Well round of a fuckin' pplause mate, well done, thats really well thought out that :lol:

The inherent demand to suspend rationality and completely trust revealed knowledge as found in holy books and as divulged from priests, definitely makes theisms a challenge to rationality and progress. As such, theisms could easily exploit weak people to commit horrible things, like these aberrant islamic sects are doing. Looking at the accumulative effects of theism on our modern societies, both the good and the bad, I find it obvious we'd be better of without them.

Basically what he said ^^^^

This has nothing to do with "multiculturalism" because this is not a result of "cultures clashing". This is the result of a lone killer who are opposed to (some of) our values. He does not represent any "culture" because no culture, as far I I know of, would applaud his actions (except, perhaps a few of the more extremist jihadist Islamistic groups).

What is the result of "multiculturalism", though, is when low-IQ youth who are confused and afraid, attack innocent Muslims and burn down mosques in Sweden, because they can't handle seeing dark-skinned people with strange customs among themselves, or because they find that their lack of any job-related skills and abilities makes them out-competed in the job-market by immigrants who actually are able to add vaue to society, in contrast to themselves.

Well, yeah, it has everything to do with multiculturalism. Do you think this would have happened if Denmark hadn't had so many Muslims? Also, you may say that most Muslims doesn't support this, but do you ever see more than a handful of individuals that ever condemn any of it? They DO approve of it. You never see leaders of their countries condemning it saying it has nothing to do with Islam, you never see big demonstrations after terror attacks. They may be non-violent, but they will always take the side of the Muslims when these things happen instead of protesting it and let it be known that "this has nothing to do with Islam".

As for your second part, call me stupid all you want, but I've never been unemployed for a period of time and if you knew anything about the labour market here you'd know that I wouldn't have to worry about competition from immigrants there as most of them are more than content with living on our tax money. Also, I've never set a mosque on fire. Or any other building for that matter.

I disagree with 99% of SS's posts but he speaks from the heart and he's passionate -- engage him, he rarely (ever?) goes on a personal attack on any member and he suffers some very personal attacks.

Like I say. I think his views are very misguided but if he's debating intelligently (non abusive) then challenge and engage him. Screaming 'ban' is just ridiculous.

so if i post rascist shit every day here with passion and with heart i'll get a free pass from you?

There's a reasons why he got the personal attacks

If you can't see this, you are the one who wired wrong :shrugs:

He is debating intelligently?

"religion of peace" posts almost every thread about terrorism and islam here....

omg, man

All this hate all religion stuff is a bunch of stuffy reactive bollocks. Folks are just folks the world over and a great many of the worlds population need and want religion so more power to em i say.

i have hated organized religion well before 9/11 or other terror attacks. i dont dislike people for following a religion or talk shit about their religion, but if they ask me i give them my honest and truthful response to it.

I never bought up 9/11 though fella, Subsy did, all i said was i don't particularly go for this wholesale slagging off of religion as there was a bit of it going on back there. I don't like religion either. None of em. Point of fact, i think they're a load of shite. But I wouldn't slag anyones off or call it for it to be gotten rid of. Hate is a very strong word. Do i HATE religion? No, i just think they're not true, false, not correct, just a load of stories. But i don't think I'd profess a hatred for it based on that, especially when I'm sure it does a lot of people a lot of good.

What the hell is going on?

It's not just Denmark but the whole world.

I read that Israel has offered the Jews of Denmark to come to live there. WAs this attacked directed to the Jewish people who live in Denmark?

I think people's emotions are getting out of control. Instead of thinking things out, some people are just acting out and not thinking of the results of their horrible actions. It's like primitive times again.

so if i post rascist shit every day here with passion and with heart i'll get a free pass from you?

"religion of peace" posts almost every thread about terrorism and islam here....

omg, man

You saying I'm not wired right? Are you mental??

YOU said based on that POST he should be suspended. What in that POST was so outrages he should be suspended? Don't answer actually, I know the answer, nothing.

Here in Ireland multiculturalism is a long way behind the rest of Europe but the problems are already beginning to arise. The country is 99% Catholic, it is part and parcel of what it means to be Irish. Yet in recent years there has been a growing number of incidents where Muslims have objected to a whole range of things - from Christmas Trees, Christmas Lights, Cribs, Crosses and Crucifixes, demanding that they be removed from public buildings, schools, hospitals etc.

It has pissed a lot of people off. They are starting to take over neighborhoods and want to build Europe's largest Mosque in Dublin.

People don't want this. They don't want our cities and towns following the path of Britain & France & Sweden where entire areas are predominantly Muslim.

One cleric is already calling for an overhaul of Ireland's education system, demanding the implementation of Sharia law. He has also recently threatened to sue any media outlet that publishes the Charlue Hebdo images.

I don't have a problem with Muslims coming to live here but I, and most other Irish people, do have a problem with them trying to change the country to suit their religious views, views that are utterly alien to 99% of the population and wholly at odds with what it means to be Irish.

Frankly if they don't like it, they can fuck off and go to a Muslim country where they can find all the things they are looking for.

omg, man

You are wrong. I rarely ever post anything racist at all. That I dislike Islam has nothing to do with race. If it's of any comfort for you I've been told that "actions" will be taken if I keep calling Islam for "The Religion of Peace". Seeing how the general attitude from the mods have been towards me the last months too, I doubt their patience with me will be very big as I've so far gotten several PM's and even a warning about things that don't break any rules. So if I ever do... well.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Here in Ireland multiculturalism is a long way behind the rest of Europe but the problems are already beginning to arise. The country is 99% Catholic, it is part and parcel of what it means to be Irish. Yet in recent years there has been a growing number of incidents where Muslims have objected to a whole range of things - from Christmas Trees, Christmas Lights, Cribs, Crosses and Crucifixes, demanding that they be removed from public buildings, schools, hospitals etc.

It has pissed a lot of people off. They are starting to take over neighborhoods and want to build Europe's largest Mosque in Dublin.

People don't want this. They don't want our cities and towns following the path of Britain & France & Sweden where entire areas are predominantly Muslim.

One cleric is already calling for an overhaul of Ireland's education system, demanding the implementation of Sharia law. He has also recently threatened to sue any media outlet that publishes the Charlue Hebdo images.

I don't have a problem with Muslims coming to live here but I, and most other Irish people, do have a problem with them trying to change the country to suit their religious views, views that are utterly alien to 99% of the population and wholly at odds with what it means to be Irish.

Frankly if they don't like it, they can fuck off and go to a Muslim country where they can find all the things they are looking for.

You may not have your equal share of Muslims but there is a SIGNIFICANT amount of eastern Europeon and Nigerons living and working in Dublin, a point most Dubliners feel very strongly about (the ones I've engaged that is).

Again, I disagree with this. It seems to me you think muslims have a particular responsibility to condemn terrorist attacks done by muslims, as if they have to distance themselves from the terrorists or defend themselves, like they have done something wrong simply because they share some religious similarties with the culprits. That is buying into the rhetoric that they are all alike. Muslims don't have more responsibility to speak out after militant islamistic atrocities than christians, atheists, mormons, women, or olympic gold medalists. The only reason why they might be more vocal than anyone else, is because ignorant people like you would make the logical error of beliving that since they all refer to themselves as "muslims", they must have the same attitude towards terrorism. Except for that, I see no reason why you would expect them to be more activelly condemning terrorism than anyone else.

You might say they are LESS vocal about speaking out against terrorism. And that would be correct. If you look at studies that look at comparative attitudes towards terrorism among various religious demographics, muslims would tend to be less opposed to terrorism than others. So yeah, on average, muslims would be slightly less opposed to terrorism than, say, christians. Terrorists don't live in a vacuum. For each terrorist you have a larger number of supporters, and these all make a blip on the statistics. But the difference between demographics is still slight. In addition, there are other sociological reasons why muslims might be less vocal about this, as they are about many other issues.

Lastly:

A common complaint among non-Muslims is that Muslim religious authorities do not condemn terrorist attacks. The complaints often surface in letters to the editors of newspapers, on phone-in radio shows, in Internet mailing lists, forums, etc. A leader of an evangelical Christian para-church group, broadcasting over Sirius Family Net radio, stated that he had done a thorough search on the Internet for a Muslim statement condemning terrorism, without finding a single item.

Actually, there are lots of fatwas and other statements issued which condemn attacks on innocent civilians. Unfortunately, they are largely ignored by newspapers, television news, radio news and other media outlets. (Source: http://www.religioustolerance.org/islfatwa.htm)

• Like 1

I never bought up 9/11 though fella, Subsy did, all i said was i don't particularly go for this wholesale slagging off of religion as there was a bit of it going on back there. I don't like religion either. None of em. Point of fact, i think they're a load of shite. But I wouldn't slag anyones off or call it for it to be gotten rid of. Hate is a very strong word. Do i HATE religion? No, i just think they're not true, false, not correct, just a load of stories. But i don't think I'd profess a hatred for it based on that, especially when I'm sure it does a lot of people a lot of good.

its not hate in the literal sense of the word, maybe its a difference in where we are from but where i come from when you say you hate something it means you just dislike it. religion helps people no doubt and helps change their lives for the better, but at the same time it takes only a small group of nutjobs to have their minds warped in the name of their god to the point where you must believe in every word of your own belief in god if not you deserve to die. christians have done this, muslims have done this and almost every religion in one shape or another has done this.

Again, I disagree with this. It seems to me you think muslims have a particular responsibility to condemn terrorist attacks done by muslims, as if they have to distance themselves from the terrorists or defend themselves, like they have done something wrong simply because they share some religious similarties with the culprits. That is buying into the rhetoric that they are all alike. Muslims don't have more responsibility to speak out after militant islamistic atrocities than christians, atheists, mormons, women, or olympic gold medalists. The only reason why they might be more vocal than anyone else, is because ignorant people like you would make the logical error of beliving that since they all refer to themselves as "muslims", they must have the same attitude towards terrorism. Except for that, I see no reason why you would expect them to be more activelly condemning terrorism than anyone else.

You might say they are LESS vocal about speaking out against terrorism. And that would be correct. If you look at studies that look at comparative attitudes towards terrorism among various religious demographics, muslims would tend to be less opposed to terrorism than others. So yeah, on average, muslims would be slightly less opposed to terrorism than, say, christians. Terrorists don't live in a vacuum. For each terrorist you have a larger number of supporters, and these all make a blip on the statistics. But the difference between demographics is still slight. In addition, there are other sociological reasons why muslims might be less vocal about this, as they are about many other issues.

Lastly:

A common complaint among non-Muslims is that Muslim religious authorities do not condemn terrorist attacks. The complaints often surface in letters to the editors of newspapers, on phone-in radio shows, in Internet mailing lists, forums, etc. A leader of an evangelical Christian para-church group, broadcasting over Sirius Family Net radio, stated that he had done a thorough search on the Internet for a Muslim statement condemning terrorism, without finding a single item.

Actually, there are lots of fatwas and other statements issued which condemn attacks on innocent civilians. Unfortunately, they are largely ignored by newspapers, television news, radio news and other media outlets. (Source: http://www.religioustolerance.org/islfatwa.htm)

thing is i never see people saying christians need to condemn attacks when they go around murdering people of other religions or races.

You may not have your equal share of Muslims but there is a SIGNIFICANT amount of eastern Europeon and Nigerons living and working in Dublin, a point most Dubliners feel very strongly about (the ones I've engaged that is).

True, and its the same in the rest of Ireland. Part of the problem is the EU rules on immigration withing the EU (allowing in loads of unskilled Polish into the country causing a huge strain on social welfare) and the other is our own Governments useless policy on immigration from Africa leading to the same problem with Nigerians.

We are still not so far down the road as Britain but I can see us ending up the same. It's going to destroy this country but anybody who speaks up is immediately singled out by do-gooder liberal groups and labelled a racist.

It's complete bollocks. These same groups then offer nothing when it comes to tackling the problems these loose immigration policies cause.

• Like 1

Yeah, so all media would just ignore it? That's likely...

@Bran

Again, it's a whole different thing with Christianity since any eventual killings don't happen in the name of God like all it always does when Muslims do it. How many Christian suicide bombers have you heard of for example? How often do Christians walk in to Muslims and shoot people and motivate it with that they made fun of Christianity? Most people in our countries don't even believe in God, while everyone in their countries do.

@Bran

Again, it's a whole different thing with Christianity since any eventual killings don't happen in the name of God like all it always does when Muslims do it. How many Christian suicide bombers have you heard of for example? How often do Christians walk in to Muslims and shoot people and motivate it with that they made fun of Christianity? Most people in our countries don't even believe in God, while everyone in their countries do.

Ever heared of the LRA army SS? We don't ask Christians to condemn it publicly, cause ofcourse most of them do.

I already said how I felt about this, with posting a vid.

I do understand why you are saying this though. But I don't think it's fair to ask that. But in my country lots actually did, I just don't see why an ordinary muslim living in the West should though.

Edited by MB.

No, I don't think so, and as I said previously, my experiences with muslim public reaction to terrorist attacks is different than yours: I have seen many of them in the newspapers and media I follow. But as I also have said, we differ in another way, too: I don't think muslims have a particular obligation to publicly "defend" themselves or condemn terrorism, not more than any other group of people.

@Bran

Ever heared of the LRA army SS? We don't ask Christians to condemn it publicly, cause ofcourse most of them do.

I already said how I felt about this, with posting a vid.

I do understand why you are saying this though. But I don't think it's fair to ask that. But in my country lots actually did, I just don't see why an ordinary muslim living in the West should though.

yeah a lot of crazy christians have been beheading innocent muslims in central africa with machetes of late.

Edited by bran

No, I don't think so, and as I said previously, my experiences with muslim public reaction to terrorist attacks is different than yours: I have seen many of them in the newspapers and media I follow. But as I also have said, we differ in another way, too: I don't think muslims have a particular obligation to publicly "defend" themselves or condemn terrorism, not more than any other group of people.

When we are constantly fed with the statement that this is not something most Muslims support and they are against it, that it's against everything the Koran says, you'd think there would be a bigger outrage.

I fully agree.

On the other hand, in my country we also had young teens, mostly boys, applauding the attacks, which is worrying. Not something to deny either. Maybe different in your country though.

When we are constantly fed with the statement that this is not something most Muslims support and they are against it, that it's against everything the Koran says, you'd think there would be a bigger outrage.

I don't know, I have never felt that muslims should be more vocal about these things, just like I have never thought that, say, Hollywood actors should be more vocal about it either, despite the feeling I have that they, too, are, mostly against terrorism. You, on the other hand, seem to be the one who think there should be a bigger outrage from muslims, but as I have said, this is due to you thinking that they have a particular obligation to distance/defend themselves from such terrorism (and accusations thereof) because you have a hard time accepting that most muslims don't share the same opinions and beliefs as them.

Edited by SoulMonster