Second Shooting In Denmark.

bran

Why, above this very thread, am I getting an advertisement for Singlemuslims.com, 'the world's leading muslim introduction agency'? It features a plethora of swarthy burqad beauties.

I'm wondering how does that work exactly. "Phhhwoarrr! Look at the weave on her veil!!!! Don't get many of them eyelids to the pound if you know what I'm saying?" :lol:

If you can't tell she's a dog that means you got 50-50 odds :lol:

''Love' being the first thing one thinks of when Russia and Ukraine are brought up together!

cheaper by the dozen!

I could imagine a lot of Brits and Yanks joining that website, thinking they are going to pick up a sexy Bond girl, Tatiana, Anastasia, etc., and instead, getting lumbered with Rosa Klebb from From Russia With Love.

they deserve Rosa Klebb. there's probably something seriously wrong with you if you're shopping for mail-order brides :lol:

I think they need all the love they've got over there now, so I will definitely pass on that advert.

when your country is run by Muslims and Shariah law is established, i strongly recommend you not to take any Russian wives. sooner or later they'll inevitably come to the conclusion that you're a nazi and start calling for Putin

I don't know why so many young Muslims seem susceptible to this. Here in the States they are for the most part fine. Thriving really. I've heard a few of them say the US is the best place to be a practicing Muslim because they can follow it how the choose to be.

Why European muslims seem so much more susceptible to radicalization than US muslims is an interesting question. I suppose the US has been better at integrating minorities than most European countries who are much more homogenic and not used to different cultures and ethnicities. In addition, I suppose the flux of people from war-torn areas in the Middle East to Europe is much larger than the same flux of people to the USA, bringing the seeds for conflicts and animosity with them. Lastly, I think there are demographic differences between muslim immigrants to the US and muslim immigrants to Europe, with the former being richer and less opposed, on average, to Western societies than the latter.

A large number of Muslim immigrants to the US end up getting doctorates or masters degrees. Not sure if there are similar opportunities for the Muslim immigrants in Europe. So if the immigrants in Europe have fewer opportunities then they are more likely to become victims of radicalization.

• Like 1

I don't know why so many young Muslims seem susceptible to this. Here in the States they are for the most part fine. Thriving really. I've heard a few of them say the US is the best place to be a practicing Muslim because they can follow it how the choose to be.

Why European muslims seem so much more susceptible to radicalization than US muslims is an interesting question. I suppose the US has been better at integrating minorities than most European countries who are much more homogenic and not used to different cultures and ethnicities. In addition, I suppose the flux of people from war-torn areas in the Middle East to Europe is much larger than the same flux of people to the USA, bringing the seeds for conflicts and animosity with them. Lastly, I think there are demographic differences between muslim immigrants to the US and muslim immigrants to Europe, with the former being richer and less opposed, on average, to Western societies than the latter.

A large number of Muslim immigrants to the US end up getting doctorates or masters degrees. Not sure if there are similar opportunities for the Muslim immigrants in Europe. So if the immigrants in Europe have fewer opportunities then they are more likely to become victims of radicalization.

The oppertunities are definitely there, loads of doctors, lawyers etc over here are muslim. I just think America represents a certain lifestyle to people and when they go there they go there with a desire to want to be part of a very specific kind of idea of what it is to be American. And it's different over here because although there is a very firm...idea of being English etc there isn't the same strength of identity, or a lifestyle to buy into, there's an American Dream, there ain't no English dream, we don't do a lot of dreaming around here.

Also a lot of people that end up in Europe i think end up there by default i.e. it's the easiest place to get to whereas it's hard to get to America so you've got to really want to go i think and part of that wanting is wanting the American lifestyle.

The worst part of my character dislikes that about American immigrants and I'm not sure why. I think it's cuz i put so much stock in being real, being true, being aware of your roots, some self governing part of my psyche resents that for some reason. Totally irrational of course. I often thought it was to do with this idea muslims have (myself being of that background) of retaining ones identity in that sense. But then there's a lot of that in England to. Many an insult on these shores begins with 'he's just a...'. Y'know the idea that ones identity is a totally unchangeable thing, which isn't true i think, i think we define our identities...which is kind of the heart and soul of freedom itself, self determination and all that shit.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 2

The oppertunities are definitely there, loads of doctors, lawyers etc over here are muslim. I just think America represents a certain lifestyle to people and when they go there they go there with a desire to want to be part of a very specific kind of idea of what it is to be American. And it's different over here because although there is a very firm...idea of being English etc there isn't the same strength of identity, or a lifestyle to buy into, there's an American Dream, there ain't no English dream, we don't do a lot of dreaming around here.

Also a lot of people that end up in Europe i think end up there by default i.e. it's the easiest place to get to whereas it's hard to get to America so you've got to really want to go i think and part of that wanting is wanting the American lifestyle.

The worst part of my character dislikes that about American immigrants and I'm not sure why. I think it's cuz i put so much stock in being real, being true, being aware of your roots, some self governing part of my psyche resents that for some reason. Totally irrational of course. I often thought it was to do with this idea muslims have (myself being of that background) of retaining ones identity in that sense. But then there's a lot of that in England to. Many an insult on these shores begins with 'he's just a...'. Y'know the idea that ones identity is a totally unchangeable thing, which isn't true i think, i think we define our identities...which is kind of the heart and soul of freedom itself, self determination and all that shit.

great post lenny.

For those who blame multiculturalism for incidents of violence, you might want to take a look at Canada, where multiculturalism has been the official federal policy for decades. Sure, we have a few lunatics, but they belong to no one denomination, group, race, or religion. I can't speak for European countries, but here in Canada, multiculturalism is truly practiced as far as one can take it (in my opinion).

I hope you're kidding. Just looked up how many asylum seekers Canada takes in. In 2013 it was In total 4500. Sweden will according to the authorities take in about a 100 000 a year the coming years. If we compare the population size too you'll see how the asylum seeker per capita will be pretty damn much lower for Canada. 34 million vs 9 million. We have this small town in Sweden called Södertälje with a total of population of 64 000 people have taken in more refugees from Iraq than Canada and America combined. Isn't that great that we have to pay the price for a war you started? So yeah, if Canada took their share, perhaps the rest of us wouldn't have to deal with as many of them as we do.

Canada averages 12k refugees a year. Not saying that's a lot, but might want to get your facts straight. We also allow in 500k temporary workers and permanent residents per year. A growing percentage of that number is from the Muslim world.

According to you, most Muslims support terrorist actions. So what difference is it if they're refugees or immigrants?

Multiculturalism is the current policy of Canada. Cities like Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver are just as diverse, perhaps even more so, than you'll find in many European cities. Claiming that multiculturalism is the problem ignores where it's not an issue.

I disagree Downzy. I also don't agree with SS btw.

Even some of our goverments admitted they handled the multiculturism thing wrong. Maybe Canada did better, cause they are used to it. I think we have more people from the poor parts of countries, people who couldn't read, who didn't had any skills except doing Manuel labor. Do our dirty work so to speak. Besides most came with the idea to go back, but never did. Our goverments thought the same and started to help the people adjusting to our way of living way too late.

In the US/Canada people tend to adjust way faster, they just have to or they will not achieve anything. Besides in the US if you have done something criminal, your are out right away. That's not the case here. I know the US has a much stickter policy though.

But also here people are hit hard by the economic crisis, specially funerable people like the immigrants. There are just so many things going on here.

If extreme rights parties are winning more and more in Western European countries the problem can't be ignored. There is going something wrong here. I am not saying it's the immigrants fault, I think it's caused by multiple reasons. But there is certainly a problem. I know many people thinking just like SS, it's not even shocking anymore. There must be a reason for that. So yeah, it's not really multiculurism, but how it's handled by our goverments.

Edited by MB.
  • Like 1

I disagree Downzy. I also don't agree with SS btw.

Even some of our goverments admitted they handled the multiculturism thing wrong. Maybe Canada did better, cause they are used to it. I think we have more people from the poor parts of countries, people who couldn't read, who didn't had any skills except doing Manuel labor. Do our dirty work so to speak. Besides most came with the idea to go back, but never did. Our goverments thought the same and started to help the people adjusting to our way of living way too late.

In the US/Canada people tend to adjust way faster, they just have to or they will not achieve anything. Besides in the US if you have done something criminal, your are out right away. That's not the case here. I know the US has a much stickter policy though.

But also here people are hit hard by the economic crisis, specially funerable people like the immigrants. There are just so many things going on here.

If extreme rights parties are winning more and more in Western European countries the problem can't be ignored. There is going something wrong here. I am not saying it's the immigrants fault, I think it's caused by multiple reasons. But there is certainly a problem. I know many people thinking just like SS, it's not even shocking anymore. There must be a reason for that. So yeah, it's not really multiculurism, but how it's handled by our goverments.

Canada and the U.S. are worlds apart when it comes to multiculturalism. The U.S. is more of a melting pot, where you're an American first and your ethnicity takes a back seat. Canada, at least I find, celebrates its cultural diversity and makes it a cornerstone of its identity. Not to say that multiculturalism is a value all Canadians hold dear, but it's a mistake to think that the U.S. perspective and the Canadian perspective on multiculturalism are one in the same. There are many immigrants and refugees in Canada who have never assimilated into white-anglosaxan narrative, so again, I question your assessment that it's done faster here in Canada than other parts of the world. And just like in other parts of the world, recent migrants, immigrants, and refugees are often the ones most likely to suffer the worst of it during tough economic times.

The presence of many cultures within one given nation-state does not necessarily represent the de facto practice of multiculturalism. Multiculturalism is more than that; it embraces and celebrates cultural diversity. I can't speak about how this has been practice in Europe, but I can speak to the fact that there are distinct differences between the U.S. and Canada with respect to assimilation and multiculturalism.

i dont know there are plenty of places in the states, where the immigrants never assimilated to the culture. going to miami and not knowing spanish in a lot of areas is going to be a major problem. you see cuban flags and everyone speaking spanish and stuff is written in spanish etc.

Edited by bran

For those who blame multiculturalism for incidents of violence, you might want to take a look at Canada, where multiculturalism has been the official federal policy for decades. Sure, we have a few lunatics, but they belong to no one denomination, group, race, or religion. I can't speak for European countries, but here in Canada, multiculturalism is truly practiced as far as one can take it (in my opinion).

I hope you're kidding. Just looked up how many asylum seekers Canada takes in. In 2013 it was In total 4500. Sweden will according to the authorities take in about a 100 000 a year the coming years. If we compare the population size too you'll see how the asylum seeker per capita will be pretty damn much lower for Canada. 34 million vs 9 million. We have this small town in Sweden called Södertälje with a total of population of 64 000 people have taken in more refugees from Iraq than Canada and America combined. Isn't that great that we have to pay the price for a war you started? So yeah, if Canada took their share, perhaps the rest of us wouldn't have to deal with as many of them as we do.

Canada averages 12k refugees a year. Not saying that's a lot, but might want to get your facts straight. We also allow in 500k temporary workers and permanent residents per year. A growing percentage of that number is from the Muslim world.

According to you, most Muslims support terrorist actions. So what difference is it if they're refugees or immigrants?

Multiculturalism is the current policy of Canada. Cities like Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver are just as diverse, perhaps even more so, than you'll find in many European cities. Claiming that multiculturalism is the problem ignores where it's not an issue.

Soooooo.....you're saying the US should invade Toronto? Do you have oil?

The US is not a melting pot. We have lots of immigrants who assimilate and lots who don't. Spend 20 minutes in any of our cities and you'll see that for yourself. Go to any rural area and you'll find populations of farm workers who don't speak English a lick. You really can't say, "The US is ________", and that's probably the coolest thing about our country. Whatever someone says we are, I can find innumerable examples of the opposite, and just as many in between. We are not what you see on television and in movies. We are not what our politicians say about us. In many ways, there is no "we", and that's exactly why there is a "we".

• Like 2

The US is not a melting pot. We have lots of immigrants who assimilate and lots who don't. Spend 20 minutes in any of our cities and you'll see that for yourself. Go to any rural area and you'll find populations of farm workers who don't speak English a lick. You really can't say, "The US is ________", and that's probably the coolest thing about our country. Whatever someone says we are, I can find innumerable examples of the opposite, and just as many in between. We are not what you see on television and in movies. We are not what our politicians say about us. In many ways, there is no "we", and that's exactly why there is a "we".

exactly

Are there any significant populations of descents of Hispanic or of other non-Germanic tribes in the USA besides those now considered immigrants or did all other settler go elsewhere?

Depends on what you'd consider significant, but there are hispanic populations in places like Colorado and Texas that date back to the early to mid 19th century.

Are there any significant populations of descents of Hispanic or of other non-Germanic tribes in the USA besides those now considered immigrants or did all other settler go elsewhere?

Depends on what you'd consider significant, but there are hispanic populations in places like Colorado and Texas that date back to the early to mid 19th century.

Thanks! That's interesting.

I was thinking of populations that trace linguistically or otherwise back to their origins.

I wonder if they ever get "this is America, speak American English!" or "go back to where you came from!" kinda comments! :lol:

Zee Germans has been living among us!