What Are You Listening To 2015.

Zint

Ask - The Smiths

Jesus, I think Chuck needs to hang it up

He plays a gaff called Blueberry Hill once a month in Memphis, whilst fitting in a trip here and a trip there abroad. I rate him personally. I just think that, instead of doing his rock n roll standards, he should just sit down and give us a bit of that T Bone Walker. Age is only relevant to these fuckin' bumhole popstar types that align themselves with youth culture which I suppose you could say that about Chuck but Chuck was in his 30s when he sang those songs, it was almost like reporting on a situation, deep down inside he's a fuckin' bluesman, he's a T Bone Walker wannabe (in the most complimentary sense, to both Chuck and T Bone).

Bluesmen play til they drop, the way it should be. Apparently he collapsed over at Blueberry Hill a whiles back. He's in good nick for his age though eh? Besides, best not to leave Chuck unsupervised for too long, left to his own devices and he starts filming birds taking a dump in his restaurant, gotta keep him busy lest his true cunt personality leak out :lol:

I have heard that Chuck is so cheap that he deliberately hires the lousiest band in town to back him so he does not have to pay them very much.

Crap Rap 2/Like to Blow - The Fall

Contains one of my favorite lines in music:

'We are The Fall, We are Northern white crap that talks back, we are not black, at all!'

What a fuckin' brilliant line, you couldn 't have an album with no more lyrics in it and it'd still be perfect. I just take it to be a total rejection of the black elements in music, which is a glorious thing, for a band to do that, to eschew 'black' musical values, which I interpret to mean groove and rhythm and just replacing it with this awful clunky sounding beautiful music. At the risk of sounding racist or whatever, i don't think it's meant to be, i think it's just an affirmation of what THEY are.

Always loved that line, 'We are The Fall, we are Northern white crap that talks back, we are not black...at all! Makes ya wannabe Northern white crap eh? :lol:

Dazey deaaar! :lol:

Their album Live at the Witch Trials sounds like whats going on in my head.

Edited by Lennie Godber