New Rolling Stone Interview With Slash: "I hated the Guns N' Roses success."

ManetsBR

He was fucking hammered threw all the success, he didn't enjoy it? The size of his gut recently, that success is paying dividends. I wish someone would explain that his time in Guns N' Roses is what made him, then & now. Those yearly royalty checks are putting your kids threw college, food for your family and keeping a roof over your baby mommas head.

He was fucking hammered threw all the success, he didn't enjoy it? The size of his gut recently, that success is paying dividends. I wish someone would explain that his time in Guns N' Roses is what made him, then & now. Those yearly royalty checks are putting your kids threw college, food for your family and keeping a roof over your baby mommas head.

All of that is well and good but why does that mean he had to enjoy the experience?

• Like 1

All of that is well and good but why does that mean he had to enjoy the experience?

Sorry but I can't take most of what he says seriously anymore.

One thing that doesn't make sense.... If he didn't enjoy the success of GnR, then why didn't he just hang up the top hat after he left GnR and live off royalties? He certainly could've changed his look a bit, started going by "Saul", and live a normal life while still getting a good chunk of change from the hits from AFD and UYI. Axl did that throughout the mid to late 90's, Slash could've.

Edited by liers
  • Like 1

One thing that doesn't make sense.... If he didn't enjoy the success of GnR, then why didn't he just hang up the top hat after he left GnR and live off royalties? He certainly could've changed his look a bit, started going by "Saul", and live a normal life while still getting a good chunk of change from the hits from AFD and UYI. Axl did that throughout the mid to late 90's, Slash could've.

Have no idea what the article says but what I surmise is that he didn't enjoy the big machine that GNR became and all that came with that. It doesn't mean that he didn't enjoy playing music and didn't want to continue to play music.

Maybe.... It's hard to tell until we get the whole article.

But you can take Axl seriously so why can we take you seriously? :lol:

anyway i can think of Axl think the same now...The success get them rich but also comes with tons of problems and fucking both of their lifes on some extent

Shody journalism right there on the brazilian Rolling Stone it's not a big deal

Oh and btw Slash doesn't live off ONLY GNRs royalties, he makes enough to sustain himself PLUS his own band (without a major recording label)

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 3

But you can take Axl seriously so why can we take you seriously? :lol: anyway i can think of Axl think the same now...The success get them rich but also comes with tons of problems and fucking both of their lifes on some extentShody journalism right there on the brazilian Rolling Stone it's not a big dealOh and btw Slash doesn't live off ONLY GNRs royalties, he makes enough to sustain himself PLUS his own band (without a major recording label)
I don't know how the royalties work & radio plays & albums sold etc, who knows! The guy is a phenomenal guitar player, don't get me wrong.

That should be interesting to read the full article and the context of this sentence ;)

Yeah, I thought I could read the entire interview but it's nowhere to be found.

Not the first time Slash has expressed his "hatred" of success. While I think he could have really hated it, I also think that comment is definitely part of his "I'm cool" persona. Not sure why Axl lunatic fans are surprised if they always thought Slash was a compulsive liar and a two-faced character. :shrugs: