New Rolling Stone Interview With Slash: "I hated the Guns N' Roses success."

ManetsBR

What's people's problem with Manets? He just posted the cover and what it said on the cover, no? Of course the title is stupid and misleading, but that's hardly Manets' fault. Anyone who's ever seen a magazine or newspaper knows that often titles are misleading. What should he have done? Not post the cover? Why not? Slash is on it, we're on a GNR forum. Should he have put a disclaimer in saying that they probably intentionally left out the context to make it more sensational and sell more magazines and attract attention? Duh.

OT: Nice that Slash is on the cover of Brazil's RS. I am looking forward to the English translation of the whole article.

• Like 3

OT: Nice that Slash is on the cover of Brazil's RS. I am looking forward to the English translation of the whole article.

Yeah I would appreciate it if there will be a translation. So it's the second time he's on the cover of Rolling Stone since WOF. First time in Australia.

What's people's problem with Manets? He just posted the cover and what it said on the cover, no? Of course the title is stupid and misleading, but that's hardly Manets' fault. Anyone who's ever seen a magazine or newspaper knows that often titles are misleading. What should he have done? Not post the cover? Why not? Slash is on it, we're on a GNR forum. Should he have put a disclaimer in saying that they probably intentionally left out the context to make it more sensational and sell more magazines and attract attention? Duh.

Exactly. Thanks. People just love to be annoying.

• Like 1

He was fucking hammered threw all the success, he didn't enjoy it? The size of his gut recently, that success is paying dividends. I wish someone would explain that his time in Guns N' Roses is what made him, then & now. Those yearly royalty checks are putting your kids threw college, food for your family and keeping a roof over your baby mommas head.

Wow, that's not a very nice thing to say about somebody. What does his weight have to do with anything?

And are you implying that he doesn't know that his time in GnR is what made him successful? And that he doesn't know his royalty checks are still paying big dividends for him? Why would you think he doesn't know that? Why would anybody need to explain that to him, I'd bet you a million dollars that he knows it and would gladly tell you he knows it.

Such an odd post. I'm confused by your entire tone and negativity. Please get off Slash's back, the guy is just trying to make a living same as everybody else in the world is.

Your constant defending of Slash is making me cringe.

• Like 1

He's just trying to look and sound cool...

Fact is he was happy he could afford all the booze and heroin thanks to GNR success, he could afford buying a house, decent equipment, build a name for himself, etc, and most important of all, he got the chance to tour the world and play live in front of millions, which –supposedly– is what really drives him.

Of course there are certain things that come with a successful band that nobody enjoys, all the corporate bullshit, the lawyers, interviews, tv shows, AND what it meant to be in GNR at the time: a group of dysfunctional junkies and alcoholics fronted by a troubled and crazy primadonna.

That's what bothers me about Slash the most, he's always TRYING hard to be seen as the coolest guy on earth, like he doesn't care about fame, money, or success. He'd be as happy playing guitar in a hole full of drunk rednecks... cause he's cool, just him and his guitar... I call BS.

Izzy got tired of the whole thing, the GNR bullshit at the time and the success, he didn't like it and he quit. I guess Slash liked the succes, money and fame way too much to quit the band.

the whole time slash was trying to be izzy :shock::shock:

He was fucking hammered threw all the success, he didn't enjoy it? The size of his gut recently, that success is paying dividends. I wish someone would explain that his time in Guns N' Roses is what made him, then & now. Those yearly royalty checks are putting your kids threw college, food for your family and keeping a roof over your baby mommas head.

Wow, that's not a very nice thing to say about somebody. What does his weight have to do with anything?

And are you implying that he doesn't know that his time in GnR is what made him successful? And that he doesn't know his royalty checks are still paying big dividends for him? Why would you think he doesn't know that? Why would anybody need to explain that to him, I'd bet you a million dollars that he knows it and would gladly tell you he knows it.

Such an odd post. I'm confused by your entire tone and negativity. Please get off Slash's back, the guy is just trying to make a living same as everybody else in the world is.

Your constant bashing of Slash just because Axl doesn't like him is making all of us cringe.

You posted a couple statements that are 100% lies. I don't even like Slash that much. Hated VR. But I just can't fathom how adults can hold a grudge agains a musician just because another musician doesn't like him. Bash the guy all you want.....but for legit reasons. Don't lie about things.

I also wish people like you would be more positive and not be so negative all the time. We need more love and less hate in the world.

I think it has more to do with how the band changed after gaining success. From past interviews it sounds like the build up to the success was the fun. Everything after was just work.

I don't think Slash is trying to hate on the band or any members. But collectively, the band stopped having fun once the buisness side of things picked up.

Exactly 100%
  • Like 1

I admit that this, probably, has been taken out of the context.

The "cancer" thing, the "soon" thing, and many others, were totally taken out of the context and, after all this years, people use those words to bash him and keep assuming those words out of the context, as well.

Interesting. So you argued with me yesterday about this......but now you admit you were taking Slash's comment out if context. Were you trolling me or did you just finally realize I was right?

And no. Those two comments by Axl weren't taken out of context at all. They both were straight forward and mixed in with ongoing questions and statements. Axl said exactly what he meant. Exactly. It's just fans like you who try and explain what Axl "really meant" in some weird attempt to defend what he REALLY said.

• Like 1

Can't really comment this based on a one comment only, but if I'd had to guess what he means, then I'd guess he meant he hates what success did to Guns. How it changed everything. Too much drugs, too much egos, too much too much. And if he means that, then that's perfectly understandable.

No need to get your panties in a twist. He surely doesn't hate his whole history with Guns and Guns as a band.

Edited by jekylhyde

I admit that this, probably, has been taken out of the context.

The "cancer" thing, the "soon" thing, and many others, were totally taken out of the context and, after all this years, people use those words to bash him and keep assuming those words out of the context, as well.

Interesting. So you argued with me yesterday about this......but now you admit you were taking Slash's comment out if context. Were you trolling me or did you just finally realize I was right?

And no. Those two comments by Axl weren't taken out of context at all. They both were straight forward and mixed in with ongoing questions and statements. Axl said exactly what he meant. Exactly. It's just fans like you who try and explain what Axl "really meant" in some weird attempt to defend what he REALLY said.

Man, can you stop lying about me, pls? Enough is enough.

I didn't take any Slash's comment out of the context ... if someone did it wasn't me ... blame rollingstone or whoever you want but me ... stop lying, trying to put in my mouth words that I didn't say.

Regarding Axl, you are lying again ... In a matter of fact Axl said "I don't know if soon is the word" and some people keep repeating the falacy "soon is the word, soon is the word" over and over again, taking it tottaly out of context. Same shit with the cancer comment with people arguing that Axl was talking about Slash's mother.

Just get out of my underpants, dude.

He's not making a blind defense of Slash... maybe he just thinks that I am not worthy to utter the holly name of his lord Slash and call him a class act, as I did ... what a crime. :lol:

Edited by GUNNER PT

Can't really comment this based on a one comment only, but if I'd had to guess what he means, then I'd guess he meant he hates what success did to Guns. How it changed everything. Too much drugs, too much egos, too much too much. And if he means that, then that's perfectly understandable.

No need to get your panties in a twist. He surely doesn't hate his whole history with Guns and Guns as a band.

And Jekylhyde hits a home run.

Aren't you amazed at the people on here who don't get that and are just using this as another opportunity to bash Slash?

Your constant bashing of Slash just because Axl doesn't like him is making all of us cringe.

You posted a couple statements that are 100% lies. I don't even like Slash that much. Hated VR. But I just can't fathom how adults can hold a grudge agains a musician just because another musician doesn't like him. Bash the guy all you want.....but for legit reasons. Don't lie about things.

I also wish people like you would be more positive and not be so negative all the time. We need more love and less hate in the world.

I think it has more to do with how the band changed after gaining success. From past interviews it sounds like the build up to the success was the fun. Everything after was just work.

I don't think Slash is trying to hate on the band or any members. But collectively, the band stopped having fun once the buisness side of things picked up.

Exactly 100%

Exactly 100%

Listen don't make me out to be the bad guy. I don't hate Slash but I do think the things he has said over the years and the "Passive Aggression" has added fuel to a feud that is almost 20 years old. I am an Axl fan, he is my favourite artist, yes we have one studio album in 20 years (one of the axl bashers favourite criticisms) but I'm quietly confident he will release more albums. And for god's sake..I'm a positive person.

Exactly 100%

Exactly 100%

Listen don't make me out to be the bad guy. I don't hate Slash but I do think the things he has said over the years and the "Passive Aggression" has added fuel to a feud that is almost 20 years old. I am an Axl fan, he is my favourite artist, yes we have one studio album in 20 years (one of the axl bashers favourite criticisms) but I'm quietly confident he will release more albums. And for god's sake..I'm a positive person.

I just don't like how you are constantly on my back because of your dislike for Slash.

But I agree with everything else you said for the most part.

I sure hope we get at least 2-3 more albums from OUR favorite singer.

Can you believe that The Rolling Stones released TWENTY albums in their first 20 years of existence. Can you imagine having 20 albums full of Axl Rose singing??? Just thinking about it blows me away.

I wish Axl and The Beta knew how much people LOVE and appreciate his music. Millions of people.

• Like 1

Here is the exact quote "“Quando o Guns se tornou grande de verdade, só comecei a usar muita droga e a me esconder.Eu detestava aquilo"

Which means: When GNR turned out to be huge success I started to use drugs and to hide myself. I hated that

• Like 1

Here is the exact quote "“Quando o Guns se tornou grande de verdade, só comecei a usar muita droga e a me esconder.Eu detestava aquilo"

Which means: When GNR turned out to be huge success I started to use drugs and to hide myself. I hated that

iT ACTUALLY means: When GNR became really huge, I started taking a lot of drugs and to hide myself. I hated that/

Here is the exact quote "Quando o Guns se tornou grande de verdade, só comecei a usar muita droga e a me esconder.Eu detestava aquilo"

iT ACTUALLY means: When GNR became really huge, I started taking a lot of drugs and to hide myself. I hated that/

Which basically is the same.

Here is the exact quote "Quando o Guns se tornou grande de verdade, só comecei a usar muita droga e a me esconder.Eu detestava aquilo"

Which basically is the same.

:lol:

The same old shit, the peanut gallery roaring straight in with their righteous indignation regarding Slash without even having the article.

Anyway bet Axl would say the same thing, hell the guy hid himself away for two decades after it all - professing to never want to work with the old band again.

Duff and Izzy have their own stories that reflect an experience all too overwhelming and not always positive.

Do you people ever get tired of the same old exhausted attack and defence routine?

None of these guys need any of us on their side or against them...really.

It is what it is.

"NuGNR" is moderately successful, as is Slash's solo act.

The old band looks likely not to reform.

End of Saga.

The fact of the matter is that we the fans are the real losers here.

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 2