New Rolling Stone Interview With Slash: "I hated the Guns N' Roses success."

ManetsBR

Seriously posting this without the full thing isn't considered trolling?

Manets just wants to stir up some shit and hatred that's all

Btw it's unbeliavable that people who spent time here doesn't get the full picture (aka what bran posted " he hates how making it big killed the band. the headline is just taken out of context to sound juicy and get people to buy the magazine, thats my guess anyway.") This is the story

/thread

• Like 2

Whore: "I am not a whore"

Yeah, well you played with Fergie and Ke$ha motherfucker, so I'd strongly suggest shutting the fuck up.

Professional musicians tend to play with other musicians regardless of the genre Broham. Slash just likes to play music. Axl (I assume) is the favorite singer of most people on here. I wouldn't care if he did a duet with Barbara Streisand as long as I got to hear him sing.

Yeah, well you played with Fergie and Ke$ha motherfucker, so I'd strongly suggest shutting the fuck up.

That doesn't make anyone a whore

I seriously have to question everyone who calls a musician who plays music with other people who play music to be a whore or someone without integrity.

• Like 1

That doesn't make anyone a whore

I seriously have to question everyone who calls a musician who plays music with other people who play music to be a whore or someone without integrity.

Nobody really thinks that unless they are trying to be loyal to one party in a band related argument. Either that or they are hoping for PARTY PASSES from Team Brazil. As I said before Slash just loves to play. It doesn't matter to me who he plays with. Maybe it would mean something to a 12 year old kid who is loyal to all things rock and roll but it shouldn't matter much to any grown ass adult. Edited by xGNRxSTARx

Until we can read the whole text to put this cleverly extracted sentence into perspective, I suggest the usual smartasses and know-it-alls to keep it shut.

Maybe we should close the thread until the full text is accessible, I can't see the point of keeping it open unless we want a clickbait / trolling magnet thread.

Edited by EvH
  • Like 1

Looking at the money and the doors that were opened: yeah, cry me a river, dude.

Looking at the huge, HUGE paradigm shift that fame brings - in his case, going from being a young musician on the Strip to someone whose every move and personal struggle has been out in the open for public comment, dealing with psycho fans, etc. - I can see how one would hate that.

I admit that this, probably, has been taken out of the context ...

Considering that there's a horde of haters out there trying to do a misinterpretation of Slash's words, should make him be more careful about what he says ...

In a matter of fact he said "I hated the Guns N' Roses success" ... and that's a bad thing to say, whatever the context is ... he should be more careful with his words ...

This kind of shit is always Happening with other people, like Axl, for example ...

The "cancer" thing, the "soon" thing, and many others, were totally taken out of the context and, after all this years, people use those words to bash him and keep assuming those words out of the context, as well.

Live and learn, people ...

Considering that there's a horde of haters out there trying to do a misinterpretation of Slash's words, should make him be more careful about what he says ...

In a matter of fact he said "I hated the Guns N' Roses success" ... and that's a bad thing to say, whatever the context is ... he should be more careful with his words ...

This kind of shit is always Happening with other people, like Axl, for example ...

The "cancer" thing, the "soon" thing, and many others, were totally taken out of the context and, after all this years, people use those words to bash him and keep assuming those words out of the context, as well.

you are a compulsive liar, bro

That's what happens when you read between selected lines. The context of that sentence is:

"When Guns N' Roses became real big I started using a lot of drugs and hiding. I hated that". - Slash Rollingstone Brasil, 03.2015.

Source: http://rollingstone.uol.com.br/edicao/edicao-103/slash-estampa-capa-da-edicao-de-marco-da-irolling-stone-brasili#imagem1

The difference is Slash is describing a personal emotion, that don't hurt nobody, that don't have no bearing on nobody, that ain't nobodys business except his to tell us if he sees fit and he did. What Axl was doing was speaking about somebody in a derogatory manner. Now when you do that, and you use certain terminology, people are just gonna run with what they THINK you are saying and it's a lot more weighty than some offhand thing in a magazine interview about how someone felt within themselves during a particular period.

It's like rap beefs, sometimes a rap beef will kick off and you won't even see why and then you'll tie this shit together and you'll be like, y'know what, if you hadn't've told me i wouldn't've even noticed with this subliminal dig shit that anyone had been insulted.

I remember when Eminem and Royce Da 5 9 bad blood start there was a line in one of Royces songs like 'fuck Anger Management, i need someone to manage my anger' and Anger Management was the name of Em's tour at the time and he took that shit personal. Royce turned and said it was nothing to do with that and everyone was kinda skeptical, included Em's crew who made the pretty astute observation of 'why, in this situation, unless you wanted it to be taken a certain way, would you even put something in there that was so open to BEING misinterpreted, that namechecks the guys thing like that, unless you wanted to actually insult him'.

And it's the same thing here, comparing this and Axls 'cancer' comment as having been taken out of context, whatever way you hold it up the cancer thing is an insult so you're in attack ground to begin with, it just may or may not have had to do with Slashes Mum, depending on what Axl did or didn't know about that, I guess you just have to take a mans word about such things.

But the two instances are not really comparable. When you get to insulting people you ain't in that 'pardon me sir but would you mind clarifying the specific nature of those comments and the intent behind them, for the sake of transparency?' space no more.

Edited by Len B'stard

That's what happens when you read between selected lines. The context of that sentence is:

"When Guns N' Roses became real big I started using a lot of drugs and hiding. I hated that". - Slash Rollingstone Brasil, 03.2015.

Source: http://rollingstone.uol.com.br/edicao/edicao-103/slash-estampa-capa-da-edicao-de-marco-da-irolling-stone-brasili#imagem1

So this is basically what bran posted earlier

Case closed (and this confirms that manets is just fucking with us)

Slash was right, though

Anyone with a semi functioning brain can comprehend what he means. Pretty sure he doesnt hate the success as much as the bullshit and pressures that comes with it. Not hard to understand. Then again its obvious that semi functioning, let alone fully functioning brains are in short supply around these parts so......

Edited by Bono

What did he hate? GN'R becoming big (success)? Drugs? Hiding? ... looks like he hated everything ... but, let's assume he only hated drugs (lol):

That's why he got clean once he left GN'R ... leaving GN'R saved him ... :lol:

Oh wait ... he took 10 more years to get clean ... :shrugs:

(Besides, he started doing drugs before GN'R becoming real big)

Edited by GUNNER PT

So, he never said he hated Guns N' Roses success? :lol:

Mods, feel free to edit the title of the thread, please.

So, he never said he hated Guns N' Roses success? :lol:

We don't know, man ... we can't trust the press ...

You'll have to chose between the inside pages or the cover of the magazine ... :shrugs:

Edited by GUNNER PT

Im fucking with you? Fuck off. Rolling Stone is fucking with you. The quote on the thread title is the exact quote on the fucking cover.

When I made the thread that was all the info out there. Its not my fault if Rolling Stone itself took his words out of context to have a bombastic quote on the cover in order to sell more. Fuck off, idiots.

Edited by ManetsBR
  • Like 2