New Rolling Stone Interview With Slash: "I hated the Guns N' Roses success."

ManetsBR

I love how the guys who always bash Slash and praise Axl (wk04, gunner pt, etc) automatically take Slash's quote and turn it into a negative without even knowing the context of what he was saying.

That quote can be taken in several different ways (without knowing the context) - why automatically assume the worst?

Why don't you guys try and be a little positive every once in while????

He might just say something along the lines of that it broke up the old band.

That is the MOST LOGICAL context that his statement came from. Glad somebody here isn't completely biased and harboring onto the idiotic slash-vs-axl feud.

I doubt he hates all the money that came from that success.

Then I suppose it's a good thing that Slash never made that statement then!

• Like 1

He was fucking hammered threw all the success, he didn't enjoy it? The size of his gut recently, that success is paying dividends. I wish someone would explain that his time in Guns N' Roses is what made him, then & now. Those yearly royalty checks are putting your kids threw college, food for your family and keeping a roof over your baby mommas head.

Wow, that's not a very nice thing to say about somebody. What does his weight have to do with anything?

And are you implying that he doesn't know that his time in GnR is what made him successful? And that he doesn't know his royalty checks are still paying big dividends for him? Why would you think he doesn't know that? Why would anybody need to explain that to him, I'd bet you a million dollars that he knows it and would gladly tell you he knows it.

Such an odd post. I'm confused by your entire tone and negativity. Please get off Slash's back, the guy is just trying to make a living same as everybody else in the world is.

I love how the guys who always bash Slash and praise Axl (wk04, gunner pt, etc) automatically take Slash's quote and turn it into a negative without even knowing the context of what he was saying.

Oh ... can't you just reply to the topic without making unfair comments about me?

Where did I bashed my fav guitar player?

Where did I praised Axl?

Ok, let's do it in your way ...

It's hilarious to see the behavior of some people:

- DJ Ashba says something on a live chat ...

Slash's fans: "Burn the witch. Now we believe even more. Crock of Shite"

- Slash says he hated GN'R success, or SCOM, or whatever ...

Slash's fans: "Calm down you haters, let's see the context"

Slash's fans logic :lol:

• Like 2

Oh ... can't you just reply to the topic without making unfair comments about me?

Where did I praised Axl?

Yes, you took the quote out of context. Unless you can link us to the actual interview???? Without the interview there is no context.

I'm not a Slash fan.

And what does DJ and Axl have to do with this topic?

Let's try and keep things topic related and topic specific related. I can't have an intelligent discussion about what you have "compiled" from random posters and made it one definite statement from all Axl or DJ or Slash fans or haters like they are all just one person.

What a class act ...

Keep 'em coming Slash ... :popcorn:

Did you forget this post?

How did I portray what you said unfairly?

Where did I praised Axl?

Where did I praised Axl?

Yes, you took the quote out of context. Unless you can link us to the actual interview???? Without the interview there is no context.

I'm not a Slash fan.

And what does DJ and Axl have to do with this topic?

Let's try and keep things topic related and topic specific related. I can't have an intelligent discussion about what you have "compiled" from random posters and made it one definite statement from all Axl or DJ or Slash fans or haters like they are all just one person.

You are the one who started mixing topics, remember?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/210979-ashba-doing-live-chat-right-now-31515/page-4

lol Apollo .... are you cupcakeing me or what?

What a class act ...

Keep 'em coming Slash ... :popcorn:

Did you forget this post?

How did I portray what you said unfairly?

Where did I praised Axl?

Sorry bro. It isn't worth it. I'm not getting drawn into your stuff today.

Carry on with your bad self!!!!

But can you show me the actual interview that you used for exact context for your statement???? Let's just concentrate on that part of it.

Edited by Apollo

I think it has more to do with how the band changed after gaining success. From past interviews it sounds like the build up to the success was the fun. Everything after was just work.

I don't think Slash is trying to hate on the band or any members. But collectively, the band stopped having fun once the buisness side of things picked up.

Why do so many artists hate their own success?

i dont think he is hating his success my guess is he hates how making it big killed the band. the headline is just taken out of context to sound juicy and get people to buy the magazine, thats my guess anyway.

• Like 3