Who has better chances of reuniting - Guns N' Roses or Velvet Revolver?

ManetsBR

As weird as it sounds, I think it would be easier for Guns N' Roses to reunite than Velvet Revolver. And I'm not only talking about VR's original line-up, I don't even see them with a new singer. Given the current situation, I don't think Slash would reunite with Duff and Matt if Axl wasn't involved. I know they did at the Hall Of Fame, but that was a single night event and, as far as we know, they thought that were chances that Axl would show up.

I don't know, I think they are afraid of - by getting together full-time again - burning their last chances of reuniting GNR. Otherwise I believe they would just have packed Myles Kennedy and made a HOF line-up tour. But I think that would be kind of the last nail in the GNR coffin, and perhaps they know that. Or maybe they don't give a shit - what I doubt.

What do you guys think?

The main stumbling block to VR is Slash. The main stumbling block to GN'R is Axl. VR seems the more probable as they are at least giving lip service to the band re-igniting ('looking for a singer' - Duff) but neither seems very probable.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Only way GNR reunion would be credible is if full squad will be involved. I could tolerate Sorum instead of Adler (but I'd prefer Steve), but "reunion" without Izzy would be even bigger mockery of GNR name than everything that happened to this date...And it says something...

• Like 1

Slash is doing better then VR ever would have.

Except on the artistic aspect, because his solo carreer sucks big time.
You might be confusing your personal preference with reality.

No, I'm not. This is my opinion, I'm not trying to pass it as a fact. I'm not saying Slash sucks or that he should stop doing whatever he is doing etc. To me, what matters is the quality of the music, not the success. When I say "his solo carreer sucks big time" it's implied that it's my opinion. I know a lot of people disagree, and I respect that.

Sometimes I think everything just goes back to $$$, Right now Slash is doing shows, the audience is great, when it comes to dividing the money, ofcourse Slash is taking the most % then it myles then the other band members, when it comes to VR, they will sell out the same amount of Arena's as Slash's band, but Matt and Duff will take a much more % than Slash's current drummer and Bass player.

So I guess Financially for Slash, his current solo tours are better than VR, he only does shows here and there with Duff and Matt

Edited by Slash787
  • Like 2

The only way I would like to see VR come back is with a complete unknown singer. I don't begrudge guys from making a living. But there are so many of these so-called supergroups that I can't even keep up with them.

VR with jizzy pearl doesn't excite me in the least bit. But if VR shows up with some 22-year old kid with a great voice.......that would be really cool.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I think everything just goes back to $$$, Right now Slash is doing shows, the audience is great, when it comes to dividing the money, ofcourse Slash is taking the most % then it myles then the other band members, when it comes to VR, they will sell out the same amount of Arena's as Slash's band, but Matt and Duff will take a much more % than Slash's current drummer and Bass player.

So I guess Financially for Slash, his current solo tours are better than VR, he only does shows here and there with Duff and Matt

Maybe. But I will say that when Slash and Co appeared on the WOF tour last year tickets for their gig were some of the least expensive of all the bands that were appearing at that venue. It felt like they just wanted to charge a fair price for the show.

I think Slash just keeps on touring cos he wouldn't know what to do with himself if he stopped - I think he only feels okay when he's touring/recording - as he says he is a workaholic. I don't know for sure, obviosuly, but I suspect the moeny isn't a major issue for him, even with the upcoming divorce.

In today's music climate I don't think Velvet Revolver could do much better than Slash is currently with the Conspirators so I don't think the business makes enough sense for it to ever happen...and a VR reunion without Scott probably would do less business than the Conspirators. Maybe they could do a few one-offs with various configurations or maybe a a few mini festival runs or something of that nature, but I don't see it as continuing enterprise regardless of the singer. I think Slash is making the best business decision by focusing on his solo career, but I just don't think he jives with Myles creatively.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Don't forget Slash's current business is completely self financed, so he won't just share a lesser part of his money during a Conspirators tour but he hasn't to pay a record company or something, so overall he gets a way higher profit, I think.

That being said, I don't know if that's the main reason he goes solo. I think it's more of the creative output. He doesn't need to deal with the arrangements you have to deal with while playing in a band.

He is his own director and does what ever the fuck he wants.

That doesn't make it necessarily better by any means.

Don't forget Slash's current business is completely self financed, so he won't just share a lesser part of his money during a Conspirators tour but he hasn't to pay a record company or something, so overall he gets a way higher profit, I think.

That being said, I don't know if that's the main reason he goes solo. I think it's more of the creative output. He doesn't need to deal with the arrangements you have to deal with while playing in a band.

He is his own director and does what ever the fuck he wants.

That doesn't make it necessarily better by any means.

I agree. I think he's more comfortable surrounded by capable yet non-threatening hired hands. With VR he'd relinquish a lot of creative control and the reward just isn't worth it. I also agree that he's better suited toward role of creative partner than that of creative catalyst. I think he fears the democratic workings of a band to some extent.