Unfriended (2015)

Snake-Pit

I was kinda hoping it would be a documentary about the psychological affects some people feel when they get unfriended on facebook. Was hoping it was going to be a documentary on how social media is ruining an entire generation when it comes to actual human interaction and how people today are growing up feeling like the virtual world is more real than their real world.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2

I was kinda hoping it would be a documentary about the psychological affects some people feel when they get unfriended on facebook. Was hoping it was going to be a documentary on how social media is ruining an entire generation when it comes to actual human interaction and how people today are growing up feeling like the virtual world is more real than their real world.

Kids these days with their hippin and hoppin. They even have computers in their pockets nowadays, can you believe it? I remember when I met my late wife Gladys. Of course, no one could afford to go on fancy dates at the time, so I took her out and got us a Coke at the neighbourhood drugstore. One thing led to another, and my son Albert Jr. was born shortly after. That was around the time when that young man with the shaking hips had his breakthrough, a few years after I came back from Korea. What was his name again? Ah, yes, Elvis. He ruined everything. This used to be such a fine country, before all these kids started running around and having premarital intercourse.

• Like 3

Kids these days with their hippin and hoppin. They even have computers in their pockets nowadays, can you believe it? I remember when I met my late wife Gladys. Of course, no one could afford to go on fancy dates at the time, so I took her out and got us a Coke at the neighbourhood drugstore. One thing led to another, and my son Albert Jr. was born shortly after. That was around the time when that young man with the shaking hips had his breakthrough, a few years after I came back from Korea. What was his name again? Ah, yes, Elvis. He ruined everything. This used to be such a fine country, before all these kids started running around and having premarital intercourse.

Mock me all you want but if you don't think kids today are suffering from the over use of social media and if you don't recognize the FACT that in some cases technology that was meant to bring people closer together is in fact isolating many people than I can't help you. People get so fucking offended when you bring up the topic of social media and technology hindering people from being able to maintain real life interactions. It's like they are so in denial because maybe it's a problem for them as well. All you need to do is go out into the world and see the masses with their heads down burried in their phones. You see groups of friends sit at tables in restaraunts without saying a single word to each other but typing away to someone else. never in the moment always somewhere else. The anxiety that many people feel these days when cut off from said technology is very real. The betrayal many kids feel when deleted from facebook or block on twitter or what have you is very real. Laugh all you want but it's a serious and very real topic. Has technology helped in many ways? Yes. Nobody said it hasn't but if you deny the things I'm talking about exist then you're simply not paying attention.

• Like 3

Mock me all you want but if you don't think kids today are suffering from the over use of social media and if you don't recognize the FACT that in some cases technology that was meant to bring people closer together is in fact isolating many people than I can't help you. People get so fucking offended when you bring up the topic of social media and technology hindering people from being able to maintain real life interactions. It's like they are so in denial because maybe it's a problem for them as well. All you need to do is go out into the world and see the masses with their heads down burried in their phones. You see groups of friends sit at tables in restaraunts without saying a single word to each other but typing away to someone else. never in the moment always somewhere else. The anxiety that many people feel these days when cut off from said technology is very real. The betrayal many kids feel when deleted from facebook or block on twitter or what have you is very real. Laugh all you want but it's a serious and very real topic. Has technology helped in many ways? Yes. Nobody said it hasn't but if you deny the things I'm talking about exist then you're simply not paying attention.

old-man.jpg

:lol:

EDIT- I actually agree with Bono, but fuck that is funny

Edited by ZoSoRose

I pretty much agree with Bono here, but that made me laugh out loud anyway! :lol:

• Like 1

I'm rather surprised when I get a friend request.

Horror films aren't my thing. I still have nightmares about Paranormal Activity.

Which one? there's like 10 of those by now.

I couldn't cope after the second one.

I prefer comedies.

Have a feeling I've seen this but I've seen so many they all blend into one.

Paranormal Activity was scary the first 3 but getting repetitive.

I saw The Conjuring and had to stop myself laughing at a couple of scenes, they did look like a comedy skit which annoys me. I want to see a really creepy chilling movie but there's not much around. It's all about torture and gore now. <_<

I saw The Conjuring and had to stop myself laughing at a couple of scenes, they did look like a comedy skit which annoys me. I want to see a really creepy chilling movie but there's not much around. It's all about torture and gore now. <_<

The Japanese seem to be the best at horror these days, I recently saw one called Dark Water- it was really very good.

The Japanese seem to be the best at horror these days, I recently saw one called Dark Water- it was really very good.

If that's the one about the Mum and little girl it was good, saw it years ago. There is an American version too. They live in an apartment from memory.