[Battle Of Giants] Dj ASHBA™ vs. Myles Kennedy

Silent Jay

Battle Of Giants: Dj ASHBA™ vs. Myles Kennedy  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Myles, all day everyday.

I don't like his voice, but he's a great singer and he doesn't carry on like a pork chop.

As for Ashba, I don't like him, he's a terrible guitarist and his onstage and internet persona is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

:shrugs:

• Like 3

Myles is one of the best voices out there, I don't see why the GN'R fans seem to dislike him so much. Maybe because he's a lot better singing AB songs than GN'R songs.

Dj is an awful live guitarist and I really hate the way he kills some great solos (specially Robin solos, I think he does better covering Slash who is easier to replicate than Robin, imo). But, he is a decent producer and has written some songs I like a lot.

I won't judge them for what they do on social media. I voted for Myles, I would have him rather than Dj on my band. But I'd love having any of them

Seriously though, you're pitting the worst (by far) rock frontman ever in the history of anything against his guitar doppelganger. I think vocals are a much bigger part of a band than guitarists that, for the most part, are easily interchangeable; so I have to vote DJ as less worst because he's simply not as important to the bands that he is in. Doesn't stop DJ from being the worst he is at what he does though.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Myles isn't "technically" a bad singer though, I don't care for his voice but you can't seriously compare his vocal ability to DJ's on the guitar, or lack thereof.

I think it's pretty funny that "Axl fans" (I mean people who enjoy the sound of Axl's voice, myself included) hate Myles' voice and call it nasally and whiny...the very things people say about Axl, or did when he used to sound good at least.

• Like 1

Myles isn't "technically" a bad singer though, I don't care for his voice but you can't seriously compare his vocal ability to DJ's on the guitar, or lack thereof.

I think it's pretty funny that "Axl fans" (I mean people who enjoy the sound of Axl's voice, myself included) hate Myles' voice and call it nasally and whiny...the very things people say about Axl, or did when he used to sound good at least.

But there's no grit in Kennedy's voice and his timbre is nothing like Axl's. Axl's voice is full of personality and is unique. Kennedy has one of the most generic voices in rock.

I can (and will) compare his ability to sound like absolute shit to DJ's, and in that they are equal. I have 0 fucks to give about the technicality behind it, shit is shit. In fact, it's a worse thing to be technically adept and still manage to sound so fucking awful than it is to sound awful because you can't help yourself.

• Like 2

I can (and will) compare his ability to sound like absolute shit to DJ's, and in that they are equal. I have 0 fucks to give about the technicality behind it, shit is shit. In fact, it's a worse thing to be technically adept and still manage to sound so fucking awful than it is to sound awful because you can't help yourself.

Bucket compared to Bumble is another example of that, even if I'm a fan of Bumble he is capable of making it sound horrid and he has perfect pitch and supreme technical ability. Music is about more then that and Kennedy has commited horrid crimes with his vocals and humanity will bare the scars of his shitty artistic expression for years to come.

But DJ is on a different level. No one has ever made a guitar sound that horrid in decades. His Patience solo is the reason why Tommy needs to have a drinking problem. It's not a choice.

Edited by Rovim

Bucket compared to Bumble is another example of that, even if I'm a fan of Bumble he is capable of making it sound horrid and he has perfect pitch and supreme technical ability. Music about more then that and Kennedy has commited horrid crimes with his vocals and humanity will bare the scars of his artistic expression for years to come.

DJ is on a different level. No one has ever made a guitar sound that horrid in decades.

DJ has at least turned sucking into an art form and does it with such grace and ignorant bliss that it fits him. He's successfully incorporated the suck into every fibre of his being. Myles is the idiot that has concentrated all of his suck into one big suckbomb that explodes whenever he walks onto the stage, without incorporating it into the rest of his life. DJ knows that if you have no choice but to suck, you need to embrace that shit and Myles hasn't figured that out yet. Another reason DJ wins.

• Like 1

Bucket compared to Bumble is another example of that, even if I'm a fan of Bumble he is capable of making it sound horrid and he has perfect pitch and supreme technical ability. Music about more then that and Kennedy has commited horrid crimes with his vocals and humanity will bare the scars of his artistic expression for years to come.

DJ is on a different level. No one has ever made a guitar sound that horrid in decades.

DJ has at least turned sucking into an art form and does it with such grace and ignorant bliss that it fits him. He's successfully incorporated the suck into every fibre of his being. Myles is the idiot that has concentrated all of his suck into one big suckbomb that explodes whenever he walks onto the stage, without incorporating it into the rest of his life. DJ knows that if you have no choice but to suck, you need to embrace that shit and Myles hasn't figured that out yet. Another reason DJ wins.

Fuckin' spot on.

Myles does a good job especially when performing live. He is far away from Axl in his prime but far above him in current days most of the time.

I don't really care for Ashba

Edit: Maybe Ashba can improve himself some day when Axl decides to release a new album and we'll hear some good riffs or solos by Ashba. We'll see.

Edited by Free Bird

photo.jpg VS. 0b709f225892799.jpg

Giants...

LMAO

First i thought this is a serious thread, then i just realised this is the Civil War section

Anyway Myles is more talented and less cringeworthy than DJ (but i don't really like any of them)

As much as I don't like DJ, I've gotta say I'll take him over Myles. At least DJ has two other guitarists to cover the fact that he can't play; Myles, on the other hand, has no one to cover for his dying cat voice.

Imagine if he got the gig with Led Zeppelin back in 2008... now that would be painful, but still less painful than Myles sing GNR songs...

Edited by Strange Broue

My lesser evil is Myles. The guy is a singer but he is not a frontman that´s his biggest problem. But unlike DJ he doesn´t make a fool of himself in twitter. He doesn´t wear eyeliner, he doesn´t have that horrible emo image and he is not selling his clothing line on internet. DJ is too much of a posser, wanna be rock star, wanna be Hilfiger.

• Like 2