New album sales?

This place gets more and more weird by the day. It blows my mind the lengths that some of you go to to defend Axl and CD. Like it's not even about good music for some of you anymore. It's more about conjuring up ideas of what you think the music means to Axl. If you can convince yourselves the songs were a labour of love for Axl then they must be good no matter what. The more layers and decortations Axl adds to the songs the better they must be because they're more complex or interesting. Like holy shit you just heard a new beepity bop sound in the left speaker of your new headphones. That shows where Axl's head was at with these songs no doubt and that extra beepity bop is so interesting and complex. He's stretching himself creatively no doubt. It's not about whether the song is good or not though haha.

And who says if it's good or not? you? you're the one who is trying to pass his questionable taste as law in a place that is dedicated to the new band and Chinese as well.

You just like to dump your horseshit on people that like the album cause they like the music. Most here accept that some dislike the album, but you seem to have a problem with the fact some people do consider it a great album.

Edited by Rovim

I like the songs and the retro futuristic beepy bits. I've always like textured stuff from the 90s, from Faith No More to UNKLE. I get why some Guns fans don't like it. It's not really what I expect Guns to be or do. But I still like it. Half the album is like UYI material anyway. Half of it is there isn't that much stuff around with great lyrics and vocals that rocks. I'm just one person that likes CD and posts too much. Life is about liking stuff for me.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

I meant more in the Queen approach: grand, multi layered, and dramatic but more hard rock in the style of Guns plus the new, more modern influences. It strikes a certain balance between all of those elements that results in a unique blend that was rarely attempted before.

You don't hear much music outside of the mainstream/classic stuff, do you?

Black Ice did like 8 million, 2.5 more than Chinese.

Rock Or Bust is up to 2.5 million right now. And we're talking about ACDC.

why the fuck do some of you keep insisting that CD sold 5+ million copies. Seriously wake the hell up to reality.

Get your facts straight. It sold 30 million but THE MEDIA OUTTA GET AXL!!! made it seem they sold 3 million.

These people... :lol:

CD tries very hard to be something else, something special. In the end, it's just a bad record. Very poor lyrics and vocals overall, tries to emulate lots of different bands and genres but that makes the songs go nowhere. There isn't a single memorable moment in the entire record.

Chinese Democracy from 2001 was a cool, short, heavy song with some synth sounds that were cool in 2001. Final version = overproduced shit.

Schaklers - Very BH influenced, interesting until the random notes Ron plays when Axl is not singing (refuse to call it a guitar solo)

Better - I do like the song and Robin's solo is brilliant but the breakdown part, the stupid noise after it, it's just too much non-sense, it's not progressive, nor innovative, just Axl trying to be Trent Reznor. Aside from pointless random noises, it's a good song.

Street of Dreams - Again, Rio version was less bloated, tempo was faster, why mess up with a good song like that? :facepalm:

If the World - Terrible song, awful, unlistenable Axl vocals.

TWAT - OMG EPIC ESTRANGED PT. 2 - Fuck no. The only interesting part is the solo. The "It was a long time for you" part is just so annoying, poor choice of notes, voice timbre, everything... There's nothing grand or epic about it, if you compare it to Estranged or NR. You can't create an epic song with such cheap hip hop beats.

Catcher - Demo version was cool. Ron's solo is terrible. Axl's voice is awful. Who told Axl his clean voice sounded good?

Scraped - lol

Riad - lol pointless intro, lol 90% of the lyrics being "ooohs", very deep, modern and complex.

Sorry - Probably the worst lyrics in rock history. "I'll kick your ass like I said that I would" - If you like those lyrics, you're simply not allowed to mock Myles' lyrics.

IRS - Again, lyrics and vocals and the song overall are just too bad and simple for a 15 millions/years in the making record. Makes Contraband sound like The Dillinger Escape Plan.

Madagascar - Rio version was cool, BH solo was awesome. Final version? Overproduced crap.

This I Lol - lol

Prostitute - I llike the piano on this song, it's simple and beautiful. It worked better as an intro to NR than buried in this pointless song.

• Like 1

This place gets more and more weird by the day. It blows my mind the lengths that some of you go to to defend Axl and CD. Like it's not even about good music for some of you anymore. It's more about conjuring up ideas of what you think the music means to Axl. If you can convince yourselves the songs were a labour of love for Axl then they must be good no matter what. The more layers and decortations Axl adds to the songs the better they must be because they're more complex or interesting. Like holy shit you just heard a new beepity bop sound in the left speaker of your new headphones. That shows where Axl's head was at with these songs no doubt and that extra beepity bop is so interesting and complex. He's stretching himself creatively no doubt. It's not about whether the song is good or not though haha.

And who says if it's good or not? you? you're the one who is trying to pass his questionable taste as law in a place that is dedicated to the new band and Chinese as well.

You just like to dump your horseshit on people that like the album cause they like the music. Most here accept that some dislike the album, but you seem to have a problem with the fact some people do consider it a great album.

I just laugh my ass off at the lengths people go to to justify why it's good. Like they prop it up as some complex, creative masterpiece that only highly intelligent beings can recognize. I mean jesus it's a rock album. Either you like it or don't but what's hilarious is people use Axl's labour of love and what the songs must mean to him as part of their criteria as to why it's good. That to me is hilarious. It's like even if you thought the songs were complete shit some woul still deny they felt that way because they have this warped sense that the album means somehting to Axl and therefore they are obligated to like it more than they do.

I meant more in the Queen approach: grand, multi layered, and dramatic but more hard rock in the style of Guns plus the new, more modern influences. It strikes a certain balance between all of those elements that results in a unique blend that was rarely attempted before.

You don't hear much music outside of the mainstream/classic stuff, do you?

I meant mixing 90's elements with the Guns sound and coming up with an album that sounds like Chinese.

70's influences, 90's influences, Axl's voice, Shred, NIN, pop, and metal elements, not your basic standard song structures, etc.

He combined some things I never really associated with Guns, and came up with something fresh at least.

In many ways, Better is the most obvious example of Axl attempting something that tries to strike a balance between the old and the kinda new. New for Guns.

Edited by Rovim

It does have a unique thing about it. Doesn't sound like anything else.

it's mainly just a more Queen inspired modern Axl solo Guns album.

In the same three sentence post. :lol:

:rofl-lol:

I've explained myself in the following post. It's inspired both by classic bands like Queen, and more 90's stuff like NIN. The result is a unique blend of classic hard rock elements like Queen and Guns with more modern influences.

I just laugh my ass off at the lengths people go to to justify why it's good. Like they prop it up as some complex, creative masterpiece that only highly intelligent beings can recognize. I mean jesus it's a rock album. Either you like it or don't but what's hilarious is people use Axl's labour of love and what the songs must mean to him as part of their criteria as to why it's good. That to me is hilarious. It's like even if you thought the songs were complete shit some woul still deny they felt that way because they have this warped sense that the album means somehting to Axl and therefore they are obligated to like it more than they do.

It's all in your head man. Most people who like Chinese like the music. I don't see why that is such a hard thing for you to accept.

Why don't you like it? cause you have a secret agenda to hate everything Axl does, or you just don't like the music?

You don't give the benefit of the doubt to new Guns fans it seems.

Also: after years of listening to it, you go into detail as a hardcore fan. There is nothing wrong with discussing the process of Chinese which is interesting to some of us.

Most people don't try to convince others Chinese is some kind of a masterpiece. I think it's a great rock album, and I enjoy discussing it with others who dig it too. I don't understand what's the problem with that really.

Edited by Rovim

It is just a bunch of 90s modern rock songs with a load of beeping over the top. Does not make it Night At The Opera. Heck, it does not even make it Hot Space haha.

I don't always agree with your statements but I usually respect your analogies.

It is just a bunch of 90s modern rock songs with a load of beeping over the top. Does not make it Night At The Opera. Heck, it does not even make it Hot Space haha.

But it wasn't supposed to be A Night At The Opera. It was trying to take the Guns sound forward, while combining more Axl influences like Queen. Queen is a main influence with the arrangments, layers, and some song structures, but it's far from being the only influence.

Not comparing quality here, but it's kinda like Appetite is not an Aerosmith clone, or a watered down version of a harder rocking Aerosmith album, cause that influence doesn't really dictate the sound on it's own.

Like AFD, Chinese is a melting pot of many different elements and influences.

Edited by Rovim

I like FNM, Manson, NIN, RATM, Nirvana and Zepp, Stones, classic rock so CD is a good blend with vocals I like. I'm pretty picky on vocalists. as soon as Chad starts singing i dont believe.

Also like long solos. It just has a lot of stuff I like in rock.

I like some Korn but Davies lyrics and vocals aren't as cool as Axls. Korn is much darker and freaky. You feel like a serial killer after a Korn album.

Laziness is a factor too. Why change the cd when I choose from various flavours on CD? Quite a lot of cds hardly have any variety.

• 2 weeks later...

It is just a bunch of 90s modern rock songs with a load of beeping over the top. Does not I smake it Night At The Opera. Heck, it does not even make it Hot Space haha.

But it wasn't supposed to be A Night At The Opera.

I see it more as Night at the Museum meets Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind with Trent Reznor and Freddie Mercury as co-stars.