New album sales?

Same thing that drives every other artist on Earth, the satisfaction of having your fans hear your music. The added ticket sales for live concerts would be a nice incentive too.

That second one might be realistic in terms of making Axl sense. Your first point, well we know axl gives two shots about us :D

• Like 1

Same thing that drives every other artist on Earth, the satisfaction of having your fans hear your music. The added ticket sales for live concerts would be a nice incentive too.

That second one might be realistic in terms of making Axl sense. Your first point, well we know axl gives two shots about us :D

True. Forgot I was talking about Axl for a second.

• Like 1

Seems not many on the forum believe a new album can sell all that well. So what can make Axl want to release one?

To complete the CD mission. If he saw CD as a double then to only put out half of what you have done.

lol 3.5 million. Reliable sources tell me they're about to announce that CD's numbers have just surpassed AFD's . Monumental promotion to come.

Apparently CD is still killing it overseas. Still cracking Billboard top 20 charts left and right.

lol 3.5 million. Reliable sources tell me they're about to announce that CD's numbers have just surpassed AFD's . Monumental promotion to come.

Apparently CD is still killing it overseas. Still cracking Billboard top 20 charts left and right.

I can see it going well in South America ,the fans there are nuts.

The fans there are also poor and the bootleg markets soaring. I doubt it'll move many official copies. I would be interested if anyone knows how much CD sold in South America?

With the right promotion and a hit song the album could do alright. Axl would need to do some chat shows, appear at music awards and the band would need to do one or two big showcases Jimmy Kimmel, The late late show. Overall, Selling albums in the US has become really difficult even for the biggest bands with relatively good PR. GnR would need to focus on changing the publics perception of the band, by playing a blistering set on the biggest US TV show, and the doing a really entertaining but likeable interview. Axl would need to get fit as well, the women that had posters of him in the 90s are not going to be fawning over a slightly heavy Axl, he needs to get into 2006 shape or something close, Good music, good image (look, PR), and they could swing a record that sold as well as CD or just a bit less.

Guns will do just fine in Europe though, and they'll probably sell a healthy amount in SA and Asia too.

My worldwide guesstimate is 1.5 / 2 million, if they sell it properly... if they don't, it could be a disaster.

Whatever happens I'm going to be getting the follow up to CD whenever it comes out.

• Like 1

I can vouch for that, however, South American people do not buy original records. Piracy has killed every single business trying to make money off of it.

3.5 million is not that crazy, dude.

• Like 1

3.5 is reasonable. UMG claimed 5 million but I think they count the 1.3 mil Best Buy copies as sold.

3.5 easy. I've heard rumbling that its sold upwards of 7 mil. The media has a vested interest in downplaying the sustained sucess of the record.

The media made it look like CD sold 3 million copies when in fact it sold 30 million. This is the reason why Axl won't release any more albums. If there's someone to blame for this, blame the media, not Axl. He sold 30 million Chinese Democracy copies.

• Like 1

For a new album the label will want to maximize the sales. They are strong for a band. Not sure who released the blu ray but on Amazon UK it comes with two cds. It's like Live Era 2 in a way. So I'd give 2014 at least 4-5 years by 2018 there will be a market for a new GNR record. So, 2020 looks good.

Everyone who isn't a paid media propagandist knows that Axl released CD2 in 2010, and that it went on to sell 20 million. iTunes literally broke from overuse the day it came out. Underground reviews say that the music world will exist in its shadow for decades to come.

• Like 1

The reviews were a bit weird saying CD under performed when it did okay. I suppose compared to past sales. Spag incident probably destroyed CD at the box office.

It sold the same as U2s record in the first two weeks. And U2 did a Letterman residency. It's just lazy journalism really. Just go with the flow.

• Like 1

I reckon a new album would do well, especially with the amount of ground they've covered since Chinese Democracy was released. It would also be an opportunity for Axl to right the wrong in regards to promotion, various advertisements that were botched/half hearted for the release of CD. I don't think we have to worry about what Axl sounds like on the record. He'll sound fucking glorious as he did on CD, given the time frame that they were all recorded in. That is probably the only positive I can think of in regards to 1 album in 20 + years.

I think many people here believe Axl if he wants to can sound fuking great on the next album. Id agree with them. Seems his problem is playing live nowadays. Also i think he understands this and might not do somthing on an album he knows he has no chance of accomplishing in a live setting? Which in turn means less album rasp which many people are wanting. This may be why we never got the alt TIL? I'm sure Axl isn't oblivious to the way he sounds, he's been doing this a long time and you can tell when he knows he's hitting the vocals on the money.

I still remember watching the golden gods and I think it was jungle where he would like go from rasp to high voice back and forth. It was like the mighty rasp was trying to fight it's way out of a pit and just kept being kicked back in.

It is so weird how the media, labels, promoters, etc all have it out for Axl.

All have been pissed off by Axl over the years. The media forced to sign contracts, obviously some side with Slash in the feud thing.

Label - Axl burnt through managers, cash, chances. Won't do reunion. There has to be apprehension.

Promoters - infamously late, riot potential.

It's not weird at all really come to think of it. Add a bit of paranoia and they're out Ta get me I suppose.

All have been pissed off by Axl over the years. The media forced to sign contracts, obviously some side with Slash in the feud thing.

Label - Axl burnt through managers, cash, chances. Won't do reunion. There has to be apprehension.

It's not weird at all really come to think of it. Add a bit of paranoia and they're out Ta get me I suppose.

So if there is some hate out there towards him, you would say he 100% deserves it?

The one thing I'd wonder about is how many of them are still working now? The person who Axl was a prick to 23 years ago in an interview about the Illusions, is that dude working for Yahoo now covering rock bands?

The odd thing about talking about it on a fan forum is that the opinion will change from fan to fan, from event to event.

You can read "Axl/GnR are doing great on this tour, the media is giving them positive reviews" or "CD actually received great critical response" and then the same person, in another topic will go "Ya, but the media hates Axl and always sh*ts on him."

How do you have a logical conversation with somebody like that?

So if there is some hate out there towards him, you would say he 100% deserves it?

The one thing I'd wonder about is how many of them are still working now? The person who Axl was a prick to 23 years ago in an interview about the Illusions, is that dude working for Yahoo now covering rock bands?

The odd thing about talking about it on a fan forum is that the opinion will change from fan to fan, from event to event.

You can read "Axl/GnR are doing great on this tour, the media is giving them positive reviews" or "CD actually received great critical response" and then the same person, in another topic will go "Ya, but the media hates Axl and always sh*ts on him."

It really depends why those contracts in place. Was Axl misunderstood for OIAM?

Was Axl late on purpose? He thinks he's doing his best.

Label can have no complaints really.

I think it's a trade off. Guns pushed hard not to compromise, that's causes problems but you get better shows/music/band.

Not 100% IMO. But whether its right or wrong they are out to get him. It's like Axl is trying to clear his name or was wary of certain magazines.

I felt like Mick Wall's WAR was pretty balanced but he persisted to hold certain points in a douchey way. His take is limited.

It really depends why those contracts in place. Was Axl misunderstood for OIAM?

Was Axl late on purpose? He thinks he's doing his best.

Label can have no complaints really.

I think it's a trade off. Guns pushed hard not to compromise, that's causes problems but you get better shows/music/band.

Not 100% IMO. But whether its right or wrong they are out to get him. It's like Axl is trying to clear his name or was wary of certain magazines.

I felt like Mick Wall's WAR was pretty balanced but he persisted to hold certain points in a douchey way. His take is limited.

The label can have no complaints.

I enjoy chatting with you. But I'm afraid you will need to research the making of the album Chinese Democracy before we can go any further. The background of CD might surprise you.