New album sales?

Well if CD has sold between 5-7 million copies, I'm thinking first week sales of 150-250k for the new album.

For f*ck's sakes - didn't we already show you that it was literally impossible to reach those numbers?

3-3.5 million is a safe guess.

If they have a good lead single and Axl promotes it, and he doesn't wait three more years...........I could see it debuting in the top five on billboard, selling 500,000 copies in the US and doing 2 million world wide.

But all of that is really up to Axl and how much effort he wants to put into it.

I doubt the label are willing to put real money up for promo because its going to sell 100k,200k tops in first week. Maybe with a great Axl n Dj rocker and those guys kissing the medias ass maybe more.

But the beauty is that the album will be great and they can tour with some knew songs.

It could reach 3 mil world wide. And that's 30 mil dollars for the label.

Long term it's CD II.

Personally they could put it out with no promo, no singles and just play some songs live. It's album based for me.

Well if CD has sold between 5-7 million copies, I'm thinking first week sales of 150-250k for the new album.

Still living in a fantasy world I see.

Album sales for a new GNR album will be shockingly low even for the most cynical predictions. I think album sales are quickly becoming a thing fo the past and by the time Axl gets off his ass and wants to release the follow up it's not going to sell regardless of what happens. There will be no hit single to push sales, Axl's voice will sound weird(we all know it's true). Slash will NOT be in the band and people are not going to have anything to do with it. the cuirous among us will buy it and that's about it. Sad to say but GnR will never have an album that sells 1 million copies ever again. They'll be lucky to sell 500 thousand.

Edited by Bono

If you have a new Axl Rose record it should hardly sell. Unless, of course, Axl associates himself with people who can write and play good music. If he insists to associate himself with extremely-talented-and-dedicated-and-humble-and-please-add-whatever-else-you-wanna-add musicians that can`t write a good song to save their lives, then, well...

If you have a GNR record (Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steven) i couldnt care less how many copies would it sell because Id buy mine and I probably will buy a second a third copies just to make sure that the thing is actually real. And I think it would be best selling album of the 21st century

Just to put things into perspective. Here are the list of the top selling albums of 2014 in the US. All info taken from Billboard

Taylor Swift - 3.66 mil

Frozen Soundtrack - 3.53 mil

Sam Smith - 1.21 mil

Pentatonix - 1.14 mil

Guardians of the Galaxy Soundtrack - 898,000

Beyonce - 878,000

Barbra Streisand - 856,000

Lorde - 841,000

One Direction - 814,000

Eric Church - 811,000

Overall album sales continued to erode, as their volume fell by 11 percent in 2014, compared to 2013. In total, there were 257 million albums sold in the past year, versus 289.4 million in 2013.

Digital album sales also fell, for only the second time, by 9 percent (106.5 million compared to 117.6 million in the year previous). Digital album sales declined for the first time in 2013, when they were off by 1 percent.

These are pretty scary numbers. If one direction can't even flip one mill albums then holy fuck no wonder Axl is terrified to release a new album.

Just to put things into perspective. Here are the list of the top selling albums of 2014 in the US. All info taken from Billboard

Taylor Swift - 3.66 mil

Frozen Soundtrack - 3.53 mil

Sam Smith - 1.21 mil

Pentatonix - 1.14 mil

Guardians of the Galaxy Soundtrack - 898,000

Beyonce - 878,000

Barbra Streisand - 856,000

Lorde - 841,000

One Direction - 814,000

Eric Church - 811,000

Overall album sales continued to erode, as their volume fell by 11 percent in 2014, compared to 2013. In total, there were 257 million albums sold in the past year, versus 289.4 million in 2013.

Digital album sales also fell, for only the second time, by 9 percent (106.5 million compared to 117.6 million in the year previous). Digital album sales declined for the first time in 2013, when they were off by 1 percent.

These are pretty scary numbers. If one direction can't even flip one mill albums then holy fuck no wonder Axl is terrified to release a new album.

God these are dark times we live in.

Still living in a fantasy world I see.

Album sales for a new GNR album will be shockingly low even for the most cynical predictions. I think album sales are quickly becoming a thing fo the past and by the time Axl gets off his ass and wants to release the follow up it's not going to sell regardless of what happens. There will be no hit single to push sales, Axl's voice will sound weird(we all know it's true). Slash will NOT be in the band and people are not going to have anything to do with it. the cuirous among us will buy it and that's about it. Sad to say but GnR will never have an album that sells 1 million copies ever again. They'll be lucky to sell 500 thousand.

Spot on! It's not 1991 anymore

Will sell less than CD

But think of Black Sabbath's new record, man...

As of July 2014, they sell over 1 million copies worldwide.

But maybe because they do some proper promotion, not fuck their legacy completely and things like that :lol:

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

An Album can not sell more.Thats the truth.

No, it's not the truth. The truth is, that the type of albums that "sell" nowadays are actually shit music.

Yes.but 5.000.000 is the most and for a shit music album that it can sells nowdays..The days of 10.000.000 and more copies has been past far away.thats the sad truth

No, it's not the truth. The truth is, that the type of albums that "sell" nowadays are actually shit music.

Yes.but 5.000.000 is the most and for a shit music album that it can sells nowdays..The days of 10.000.000 and more copies has been past far away.thats the sad truth

Not sure why you are contemplating 10 million or more when the center of discussion is Axl's band.

Not sure why you are contemplating 10 million or more when the center of discussion is Axl's band.

I wanted to say about all music industry .But you know that past days and Axl and Old G.N.R solld easy more that 10.000.000 copies...Maybe not Chinese Democracy but even then the sales was low.The internet was in our life and no one was buyng albums any more

Edited by nickzark