New album sales?

Realistically what the market out there for a new gnr album? In What ball park do you think and album with the gnr name in this day and age would sell.

I would think a fairly less then Chinese? which In my eyes is respectable in today's music world. However I believe one radio friendly (also good) song could get a lot of old casual fans to pick up the album.

What say you

Just to put things into perspective. Here are the list of the top selling albums of 2014 in the US. All info taken from Billboard

Taylor Swift - 3.66 mil

Frozen Soundtrack - 3.53 mil

Sam Smith - 1.21 mil

Pentatonix - 1.14 mil

Guardians of the Galaxy Soundtrack - 898,000

Beyonce - 878,000

Barbra Streisand - 856,000

Lorde - 841,000

One Direction - 814,000

Eric Church - 811,000

Overall album sales continued to erode, as their volume fell by 11 percent in 2014, compared to 2013. In total, there were 257 million albums sold in the past year, versus 289.4 million in 2013.

Digital album sales also fell, for only the second time, by 9 percent (106.5 million compared to 117.6 million in the year previous). Digital album sales declined for the first time in 2013, when they were off by 1 percent.

• Like 2

Will do poorly because the next minute it is released it will be all over pirate sites and youtube and any other outlet where people traffick music, until it is banned and blah blah.

True , and .....If it was released tomorrow it's gotta be compared to AC/DC rock or bust, which did Ok, can't compare sales to taylor swift or no erection or whatever they're called as no 13 year olds will go and buy GNR

JMO but if it is ChiDem leftovers I bet it sells less than 1 million units and possibly much less. ChiDem had a mystery to it and the advantage of anticipation of a new GnR album which the next album will not have plus as somebody pointed out Rock albums are not exactly selling these days.

Might end up being similar to the VR alums where Contraband sold multimillion units but Libertad tanked after a promising first week of selling 92K units to eventually sell less than 300K units total.

I am thinking it dos decent sales the first week but drops like a rock after that.

JMO but if it is ChiDem leftovers I bet it sells less than 1 million units and possibly much less. ChiDem had a mystery to it and the advantage of anticipation of a new GnR album which the next album will not have plus as somebody pointed out Rock albums are not exactly selling these days.

Might end up being similar to the VR alums where Contraband sold multimillion units but Libertad tanked after a promising first week of selling 92K units to eventually sell less than 300K units total.

I am thinking it dos decent sales the first week but drops like a rock after that.

You're more optimistic than I am. I don't think it will come close to 1 million no matter what they put on it. My highest guess is 250k, and that's probably being very, very generous. My actual bet is on less than 100k.

Assuming he actually releases it before he croaks, and it's still more of the same, it'll probably sell with numbers close to the first Slash album. Maybe even less, but certainly no more.

If he releases it posthumously it'll probably have the best chance at having decent sales endurance. This is still the only possible way I believe we'll ever see another official release of new nu material anyways. So, uh, woo-hoo?

You're more optimistic than I am. I don't think it will come close to 1 million no matter what they put on it. My highest guess is 250k, and that's probably being very, very generous. My actual bet is on less than 100k.

You may be right as that is what Libertad sold after selling 90K the first week.

You have to wonder if Axl is thinking the same thing which is causing part of the delay

You may be right as that is what Libertad sold after selling 90K the first week.

You have to wonder if Axl is thinking the same thing which is causing part of the delay

He could just release it and sabotage it himself again to make an excuse for the sales again.

He could just release it and sabotage it himself again to make an excuse for the sales again.

Maybe that's the reason why he won't release anything. He can't use the same excuse twice.

Well in the unlikely scenario it contained a hit, and in the even more unlikelier scenario that hit had a video made for it, then it might actually sell well.

But realistically it's safe to assume that if a new album were to happen (I know), the only promotion for it will be done by DJ Ashba and they'll start their tour two years later when the multi-track sessions leak from the Saints Row VI videogame.

I bet sales would SUCK. But who cares? For them, a new album means media buzz and a new reason to tour, a new, decent theme. Take out all the CD songs except for CD and Better and throw in three new ones and BAM! Suddenly you can tour for another 4-5 years, Axl.