ZAKK WYLDE Remembers Jamming With GUNS N' ROSES: 'It Was A Good Time'

Rdeyahlxp

If it was about the music the HOF would have let Axl play Nov Rain with any line up.

Not with a line-up that had nothing to do with the song. It would have been ridiculous for the hired hands playing other people's material to get up there and play Slash's solos.

• Like 1

All of us would have much rather saw Axl there performing a few songs instead of Myles.

But Myles stepped up when Axl wouldn't - props to the guy.

He will never be as good as Axl was in his prime - but then again, who is? I'm just glad Myles cared more about giving the fans a good show than Axl did.

This was a chance to give the fans a treat. But for Axl it was more important to not play by the HOF's rules than it was to do something for HIS FANS.

At the end of the day, this is just ROCK music we are talking about. Axl playing a couple songs with Slash/Duff wouldn't have been the end of the world, it wouldn't have damaged his current band and it wouldn't have hurt himself financially for a future reunion tour. No promoter would have said "OK, we were going to give you $50 million for a reunion tour but since you played two songs with Slash two years ago, now we are only going to give you $10 million."

But for Axl, his pride was more important than his fans. Which has been the case for 25 years.

• Like 1

This was a chance to give the fans a treat. But for Axl it was more important to not play by the HOF's rules than it was to do something for HIS FANS.

Axl wanted his way or no way. The sad? part is that Axl was so bitter about it that he had to refuse induction and strictly request not to be mentioned during the award show. Like, making sure that it was 100% clear that he was 100% against it. So petty and childish. :rolleyes:

Thank God, the other members of the band and Myles saved the night with a great performance.

• Like 1

I think you need to disappear from my screen so ignore button will do. Please don't quote me or mention me or talk to me anymore. I don't interact with venomous negative people.

Goodbye.

I'm sorry but I always lol at posts like this. It's on Civil War anyway so...

"Venomous" should have a word filter as well.

I think you need to disappear from my screen so ignore button will do. Please don't quote me or mention me or talk to me anymore. I don't interact with venomous negative people.

Goodbye.

Poor old Tiny, she really sees this as some sort of epic battle for hearts and minds and she's a front line soldier in it.

• Like 1

It's such a relief when you realize there is hope in this place and there are brilliant minds like Gunsfanoldie who make debate interesting, motivating and alluring. No bias, no hateful comments. Everything written from an honest point of view, not some sick small-minded agenda.

Congratulations on such an intelligent brilliant comment.

Too bad I don't see you posting that often!

Please feel free to complement other posters when you agree with them, but really not necessary to refer to others as small minded or sick simply because they disagree with you.

99 percent of our members simply have an opinion. Few, if any, have an "agenda."

P5 - Downzy tag team!

People can disagree all they want.

Disagreements are expressed in a variety of actions, though.

Some people here choose to express themselves like they were in a presidential debate. Others, as if they were in a ring with Mayweather.

People who have a different opinion are not an issue to me. It's the way they choose to express themselves.

The only memorable part of that lame show to me was Billy Joe standing up for Axl when the ridiculous immature audience in attendance started booing him.

I fucking cried. Billy Joe is everything.

The rest was pathetic and should be buried in hell.

(Sorum embarrassing Adler :facepalm: )

You need to get out of your trailer more often...you take the travails of these millionaire rock stars far too seriously.

Goodbye.

I'll miss your hugely thought provoking and deeply considered opinions R2D2.

• Like 1

Goodbye.

Did u LOL when Angie said goodbye?

#thereisnoyouthereisonlyme

Edited by tinyrobot

Goodbye.

Wat.

Goodbye.

Wat.

I think Tiny's microprocessor has a bug

• 1 month later...

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in the studio for example if Zakk & Slash were jamming on Nightrain and in Buckethead walks and completely owns the pair of them.

Only a twelve year old like you compares musicians by how one of them "owns" the other ones.
  • Like 1

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in the studio for example if Zakk & Slash were jamming on Nightrain and in Buckethead walks and completely owns the pair of them.

Only a twelve year old like you compares musicians by how one of them "owns" the other ones.
Right...bit passive aggressive mate.