ZAKK WYLDE Remembers Jamming With GUNS N' ROSES: 'It Was A Good Time'

Rdeyahlxp

Probably the most Rock n roll thing to happen that week.

You know what's Rock n roll? Go out there and play. Not refusing to. That SCOM and that Paradise City the guys played that night. That was Rock'n'fucking Roll. Go out there and deliver! Staying at home isn't rnr in the slightest.
Exactly. The nail just got its head smashed.

lol, so this thread turned another RNRHOF shitfest?

Axl knows that if he want his new band get a chance to play, then the HOF people would not agree... so he has another excuse to not show up.

That's all

Btw Izzy was the one who almost convince Axl to show up... then when he knows that Axl refuse to attend, Izzy wasn't show up either... I think Izzy is the most wise person "reunion wise"... and probably the only one that Axl listens to regarding the old line up (besides himself)

People say that Duff could be the bridge between Slash and Axl, but in reality that title goes to Izzy... but Izzy knows that as long as Axl doesn't want to reunite, it would not happen. Nobody can force Axl to a reunion, he would rather tarnishing his/GNR legacy even more, than reunite with the Tophat

Bitching about the HOF is so 2012 people, even if you are in favor of the HOF reunion or not

Edited by Strange Broue

I agree.

And f*ck Axl for participating at the HOF the prior two times as well.

And f*ck Axl for playing Rosario Dawson's wedding for Hollywood elites......and for playing a wedding for those arrogant rich people!!!

Only play for the true fans. Unless, of course, he gets paid big money!!!!

Axl can do both things. Axl DOES both things.

You should inform yourself.

I agree.

And f*ck Axl for playing Rosario Dawson's wedding for Hollywood elites......and for playing a wedding for those arrogant rich people!!!

You sort of took all of that out of the context in which it was written or responded to........but I suppose I will play along, just to be nice.

Somebody praised Axl for not playing the HOF for those "corporate assholes" or something like that. I was merely pointing out that Axl has, in fact, pretty much done just that on other occasions.

Yes. Axl does both things. NEVER said that he didn't. So I'm not sure what I need to inform myself on. I've got no problem with Axl playing weddings and for the Hollywood elite. It's his band and he can play for whomever he wants. But he shouldn't be praised for not playing for the "corporate assholes" without remembering that he does play for weddings and Hollywood assholes.

You argue with me about the strangest things. Like when you said that GnR didn't have an album finished......and I posted a quote from AXL saying they had two albums completed .......and you responded that he didn't really mean what he said! LOL, I think you just enjoy busting my balls.

They said hey show up, give a nice speech, and sing a few songs.

Wrong. It's not obligatory to perform. Again, he didn't have to show up, it's understandable since he kept using the Gn'R name with other members. His version of Guns N' Roses has not accomplished jack shit, therefore his band had nothing to do with honoring the past, but Axl was and still is part of that new band, so he had the right to stay home. But, he refused induction and questioned the HOF and their actions, well, that's weird -- considering he was happy when they announced the induction.

Probably the most Rock n roll thing to happen that week.

:facepalm:

Everytime I see you quote me I know it's going to be bad haha you are what happens when a fan is disappointed too many times.

Not mad at you, I actually find your emojis funny. They are usually well timed.

But yea back on topic, idk what Axl actually thinks about this. If only he had only written an open letter so we know!!

:lol:

I don't feel disappointed, well, maybe in a way but trust me, I have accepted the joke Axl has become.

I didn't have a problem with his letter to the HOF, like I said, I fully understood his decision not to go, I just found the whole "I don't know what the HOF is, I don't want anything to do with them. They're evil, they're shady. They're out ta get me" part of the letter, 100% pure bullshit.

• Like 1

I agree.

You sort of took all of that out of the context in which it was written or responded to........but I suppose I will play along, just to be nice.

Somebody praised Axl for not playing the HOF for those "corporate assholes" or something like that. I was merely pointing out that Axl has, in fact, pretty much done just that on other occasions.

Yes. Axl does both things. NEVER said that he didn't. So I'm not sure what I need to inform myself on. I've got no problem with Axl playing weddings and for the Hollywood elite. It's his band and he can play for whomever he wants. But he shouldn't be praised for not playing for the "corporate assholes" without remembering that he does play for weddings and Hollywood assholes.

You argue with me about the strangest things. Like when you said that GnR didn't have an album finished......and I posted a quote from AXL saying they had two albums completed .......and you responded that he didn't really mean what he said! LOL, I think you just enjoy busting my balls.

Somebody? It was me.. ehhh...

Rosario Dawson, the Hollywood elites and the asshole billionaire from Abhu Dabhi or whatever are not the "corporate assholes". I don't know if I should call them "friends" of Axl or what, but they are not in the same level as the people of the RnRHoF. The guy who hired them to play on his wedding didn't get the wedding televised to make a profit of it. I find it "natural" that Mickey Rourke, Jared Leto, Sebastian Bach, the Clinton kids and the rest hang out or get to be around Axl and his band because well, they belong to the same "social class" or I don't know how to call it and maybe they are friends, acquaintances, party fellas, blah blah.

Now reuniting for the HoF is a whole different thing and I agreed with IncitingChaos on the fact that if he's gonna do it for huge money, then go on tour and favor a lot of fans, instead of a bunch of people who may even not care for a GNR reunion.

That's all I agreed with and I made it clear Axl plays for his Hollywood A-List buddies as well as for furry, fluffy poor cats living in a southamerican cardboard box like me :P

Edited by tinyrobot

I agree.

Somebody? It was me.. ehhh...

Rosario Dawson, the Hollywood elites and the asshole billionaire from Abhu Dabhi or whatever are not the "corporate assholes". I don't know if I should call them "friends" of Axl or what, but they are not in the same level as the people of the RnRHoF. The guy who hired them to play on his wedding didn't get the wedding televised to make a profit of it. I find it "natural" that Mickey Rourke, Jared Leto, Sebastian Bach, the Clinton kids and the rest hang out or get to be around Axl and his band because well, they belong to the same "social class" or I don't know how to call it and maybe they are friends, acquaintances, party fellas, blah blah.

Now reuniting for the HoF is a whole different thing and I agreed with IncitingChaos on the fact that if he's gonna do it for huge money, then go on tour and favor a lot of fans, instead of a bunch of people who may even not care for a GNR reunion.

That's all I agreed with and I made it clear Axl plays for his Hollywood A-List buddies as well as for furry, fluffy poor cats living in a southamerican cardboard box like me :P

First at all, as a fact: Axl did play the Rnrhof before!

And just to get that right. You are praising Axl for his integrity but he should do a reunion just for the big money? Get it :lol:

Just curious if you'd arguing the same way now, if Axl had reunite for hof.

Edited by Free Bird

I have no problem with Axl playing on the HOF show. It might cause him some problems with the current line up. Like if they can play one show, why not a tour.

So I guess psychologically to have worked hard to get a band up and running. To the just high five the guys for a reunion one off show then head back out on tour with his band must be difficult.

And just to get that right. You are praising Axl for his integrity but he should do a reunion just for the big money? Get it :lol:

He did? Oh wow, if it wasn't for you I'd never know....

Dude, we are talking about reunion, not the times he went there alone to play or induct Elton. Was it really necessary to point that out or you got some silly urge to make yourself look smart?

Well, you failed.

Anyway.... I didn't mention "integrity" at all..... Again, what are you looking for here? A fight? Go somewhere else.

I'm glad Axl didn't reunite for the HoF because why should he do things for people who weren't willing to do things for him?

Fuck them. And on top of that making them earn money, press, rating, etc?

They wanted to trick him and get all those things for free. And not let him play with his band, which is GNR too. But they let Slash bring Myles Kennedy to fill Axl's spot? :rofl-lol:

My opinion is HoF rushed things inducting a band that hasn't still fixed their issues by trying to convince them to reunite under their roof, which would have benefitted them greatly, given the fact that HoF is losing credibility every time more. I'm glad it failed. They should have waited for things to go their natural course.

Edited by tinyrobot

I have no problem with Axl playing on the HOF show. It might cause him some problems with the current line up. Like if they can play one show, why not a tour.

So I guess psychologically to have worked hard to get a band up and running. To the just high five the guys for a reunion one off show then head back out on tour with his band must be difficult.

But some old Guns fans don't care cause they don't like new Guns anyway. They just want it at all cost.

Would it make sense for Axl to play with the old line up from a business stand point? probably not.

It can damage what he's trying to do. He probably tried to find a way to represent the new thing but that's the problem with the HOF: it celebrates the past, and new Guns are not welcomed really so Axl didn't really have a choice imo.

kfnfklSND lkznlkn

znm

z

zlmb;l'zdmv;lfm

Think of it like this: Axl could be the cheese on the telegraph pole, rapping some jazz with his piano while Zakk could harmonic squeal to the tigers like a ham and cheese Tori Spelling with a glass eye and a bowl cut.

Izzy would probably trade blues shredding with Paul Huge who could handle production while DJ could oversee the songwriting and marketing while Tommy and Duff could handle bass riffing and punk spirit- then you'd have Dizzy and Mother Goose laying in the hip hop Roy Orbison meets Nana Maskouri on meth get down.

Brain and Frank would each get an arm and a leg amputated, get sewn together like a brain damaged Albert Einstein meets Justin Beiber saimese twin who drinks steel girders and play the one drum kit with rubber bands.

• Like 2

I don't see the need to fake it just for the HOF. Axl did the Globes and put on a great show so alls well that ends well.

You liked Taken 3, whatever shit is put in front of you, is great. I'm not going to ignore the fact that Axl sounded like utter shit and forgot a verse of This I Love This.

He did? Oh wow, if it wasn't for you I'd never know....

Dude, we are talking about reunion, not the times he went there alone to play or induct Elton. Was it really necessary to point that out or you got some silly urge to make yourself look smart?

Well, you failed.

Anyway.... I didn't mention "integrity" at all..... Again, what are you looking for here? A fight? Go somewhere else.

I'm glad Axl didn't reunite for the HoF because why should he do things for people who weren't willing to do things for him?

Fuck them. And on top of that making them earn money, press, rating, etc?

They wanted to trick him and get all those things for free. And not let him play with his band, which is GNR too. But they let Slash bring Myles Kennedy to fill Axl's spot? :rofl-lol:

My opinion is HoF rushed things inducting a band that hasn't still fixed their issues by trying to convince them to reunite under their roof, which would have benefitted them greatly, given the fact that HoF is losing credibility every time more. I'm glad it failed. They should have waited for things to go their natural course.

:lol: no, I don't wanna start a fight nor did I want to look smart in any way.

I just think Axl shouldn't have introduce Elton John if what he wrote in this letter is in fact his opinion about the rnrhof.

And I know you didn't mention integrity in your last post. But in general you are one of the people who use it most when talking about Slash. But now, you and Chaos are saying Axl should do a reunion just for a big paycheck. What's the logic behind it?

I'd prefer a reunion regardless of the situation. There aren't many opportunities for a reunion but the hof was definatly one of them. Instead we got a stupid letter.

I'm sure if Axl showd up and and never wrote this letter you wouldn't be disappointed about it, but now you have to defend your hero. As always.

To your statement about Myles... Axl didn't just want the current band to play there, he wanted them to be admitted in the hof. That's a big difference.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

Why people think that if GNR reunited in the HoF it would be EXCLUSIVELY to the HOF and its audience? Of course few people would witness it live. But it still could be watched and enjoyed by, well, the entire world on TV. Wouldn't that also be kinda cool? Or Axl shouldn't "play their game" as well? Aren't Axl fans and Axl himself just taking everything too seriously then?

"They wanted to trick him" - I'm sorry but reading stuff like that just makes me think Axl fans are a bunch of 15 years old, beliebers-like girls.

Why people think that if GNR reunited in the HoF it would be EXCLUSIVELY to the HOF and its audience? Of course few people would witness it live. But it still could be watched and enjoyed by, well, the entire world on TV. Wouldn't that also be kinda cool? Or Axl shouldn't "play their game" as well? Aren't Axl fans and Axl himself just taking everything too seriously then?

"They wanted to trick him" - I'm sorry but reading stuff like that just makes me think Axl fans are a bunch of 15 years old, beliebers-like girls.

They could start a reunion tour after that easily.

• Like 1

:lol: no, I don't wanna start a fight nor did I want to look smart in any way.

I just think Axl shouldn't have introduce Elton John if what he wrote in this letter is in fact his opinion about the rnrhof.

And I know you didn't mention integrity in your last post. But in general you are one of the people who use it most when talking about Slash. But now, you and Chaos are saying Axl should do a reunion just for a big paycheck. What's the logic behind it?

I'd prefer a reunion regardless of the situation. There aren't many opportunities for a reunion but the hof was definatly one of them. Instead we got a stupid letter.

I'm sure if Axl showd up and and never wrote this letter you wouldn't be disappointed about it, but now you have to defend your hero. As always.

To your statement about Myles... Axl didn't just want the current band to play there, he wanted them to be admitted in the hof. That's a big difference.

I hardly talk about Slash and when I make fun of his "integrity" it's mostly about his artistic choices and not about the money he makes or stops making...

Will not speak for IncitingChaos but in my opinion, if they are up for a reunion then get all benefits it may bring and that includes a fat paycheck. I understand Axl wants to keep the ball in his court and I can't blame him. Why benefit the HoF? He has clearly stated he doesn't want to favor "the greed of this industry and the ever present seemingly limitless supply of wannabes and unscrupulous, irresponsible media types..."

On the other hand, I didn't say Axl should do a reunion. I'm not sure I want a reunion myself if all there is to it is touring of the same old material. Sick of it, really. However, if Axl had been up to go there and accept his induction and play with the old line-up, I'd respect his decision. But from what I read in his letter, and up to 2012, he didn't want anything to do with Adler and Slash: "For me, with the exception of Izzy or Duff joining us on stage if they were so inclined somewhere in the future for a song or two, that's enough."

What I want is new music. Definitely. And I don't see Axl sitting with Slash and Duff to write new music, so basically, fuck the reunion.

I don't have to defend Axl. I interpret what he says and does. I don't always agree with his actions but above all, I try to understand where he's coming from first, instead of hating him for the sake of hate (as it is the cupcake fashion here). Why should I be against the vocalist of the band that I love? "what's the logic behind it?" :shrugs:

And please, point out where Axl said he wanted the current line-up inducted to the HoF as well? I can't find such thing anywhere on his letter. Actually, it says something like:

"For the record, I would not begrudge anyone from Guns their accomplishments or recognition for such. Neither I or anyone in my camp has made any requests or demands of the Hall Of Fame. It's their show not mine."

• Like 1