ZAKK WYLDE Remembers Jamming With GUNS N' ROSES: 'It Was A Good Time'

Rdeyahlxp

I think Axl came out and said that Zakk wanted $2,000,000 up front and his own tour bus, to join the band full time. I guess Zakk left that bit out. Slash's ego wouldn't have liked Zakk as a full time member, not a chance.

You've mentioned Slash's huge ego numerous times over the last year. Where do you get that from?

You've made a bold statement here. What facts back up that statement? You do realize that Slash is known for playing with everybody, right? And he actually out out an album that had guest singers on every song, right? Many who were more famous than he is?

The only place I've ever heard that Slash was an egomaniac is on this forum, and just by the same couple of posters who say negative things about Slash on a daily basis.

Dude its been proven time and time again. He could apologise to Axl whenever he wants but he doesn't want to, you may ask why should he bow down to Axl...Slash quit and talked shite for years in the press totally betraying any sort of brotherhood between the pair of them. I like Slash, I love his talent and I've heard him play notes that I've not heard any other guitarist pull off, but some of things he's said has made me question his character that's all I'm saying.

He went to Axl's house to talk about it......

He went to an early GnR show and was denied access.

Has Axl reached out to Slash?

Show me where it has been proven "time and time again." Just show me three times. Can you pretty please do that? Just three times. Should be easy if it has happened "time and time again." Three times. Please.

And again, can you give some examples of the evil things Slash said in the past? Anything in the last decade will work. And then some of the evil things Slash said back in the days when the band broke up. Can you please give some specific examples.

Serious question - do you question Axl's character? Slash is mad at Axl for breaking up the band, says he doesn't love to play ballads, etc - you question his character. Shall we bring up the actual things Axl has done in the past, and make a career comparison between him and Slash? SOOO - simple question. Whose character do you question more, Axl or Slash? And the follow-up question - who gives a f*ck about their character as people? These are musicians that you will never be friends with, why do you care? Axl is my favorite singer of all time. Slash is maybe my 10th or 11th favorite guitar player. I couldn't care less if they are saints or pricks in real life.

The feud is more of a media / forum thing. Axl had to move on without Slash. Maybe he would have liked some support. But they constantly miss opportunities to clear the air. HOF for example. Step up and say both line ups play. Make that gesture. Adler again recently it's up to Axl about a reuinion? From the guy who fucked up legit. I don't know, if its all Axls fault.

I think Axl came out and said that Zakk wanted $2,000,000 up front and his own tour bus, to join the band full time. I guess Zakk left that bit out. Slash's ego wouldn't have liked Zakk as a full time member, not a chance.

You've mentioned Slash's huge ego numerous times over the last year. Where do you get that from?

You've made a bold statement here. What facts back up that statement? You do realize that Slash is known for playing with everybody, right? And he actually out out an album that had guest singers on every song, right? Many who were more famous than he is?

The only place I've ever heard that Slash was an egomaniac is on this forum, and just by the same couple of posters who say negative things about Slash on a daily basis.

Dude its been proven time and time again. He could apologise to Axl whenever he wants but he doesn't want to, you may ask why should he bow down to Axl...Slash quit and talked shite for years in the press totally betraying any sort of brotherhood between the pair of them. I like Slash, I love his talent and I've heard him play notes that I've not heard any other guitarist pull off, but some of things he's said has made me question his character that's all I'm saying.
He went to Axl's house to talk about it......

He went to an early GnR show and was denied access.

Has Axl reached out to Slash?

Show me where it has been proven "time and time again." Just show me three times. Can you pretty please do that? Just three times. Should be easy if it has happened "time and time again." Three times. Please.

And again, can you give some examples of the evil things Slash said in the past? Anything in the last decade will work. And then some of the evil things Slash said back in the days when the band broke up. Can you please give some specific examples.

Serious question - do you question Axl's character? Slash is mad at Axl for breaking up the band, says he doesn't love to play ballads, etc - you question his character. Shall we bring up the actual things Axl has done in the past, and make a career comparison between him and Slash? SOOO - simple question. Whose character do you question more, Axl or Slash? And the follow-up question - who gives a f*ck about their character as people? These are musicians that you will never be friends with, why do you care? Axl is my favorite singer of all time. Slash is maybe my 10th or 11th favorite guitar player. I couldn't care less if they are saints or pricks in real life.

I think we need to change number 10 from two weeks to one. The Axl crazies are always making us laugh.

Here's how this goes for those who want to skip ahead:

1. People claim Slash talked shit about Axl for years.

2. Others ask for evidence for such claims.

3. Request ignored and people say Slash has admitted talking lots of shit in the press.

4. Others repeat request, becoming tired with a now familiar dance.

5. Repeat 3 & 4 a number of times.

6. Someone steps in and posts like one or two things Slash said that weren't nice but also weren't that bad.

7. The others who requested evidence point out that Slash's comments weren't nice but weren't that bad, and that there's only like one or two examples from "years of bashing."

8. People ignore 7 and repeat 1 and 3.

9. Others grow tired and either give up or start making fun of people.

10. Debate dies out. Repeat in 2 weeks.

Axl's GNR in no way deserved to play at the RRHOF, that would have been a joke.

It's just not what the industry wanted. But the band had the chance to make that gesture. Oh but the HOF is too sacred to even let them play.

Scared about what? As far as I know, the HOF continues to operate flawlessly regardless of Axl's letter. Bigger artists and bands have called out the HOF multiple times. They do not seem to care enough.

• Like 1

Axl's GNR in no way deserved to play at the RRHOF, that would have been a joke.

It's just not what the industry wanted. But the band had the chance to make that gesture. Oh but the HOF is too sacred to even let them play.

Nobody but Axl, his hired guns and the two dozen or so internet loonies wanted Axl's GNR to play.

Having Ashba up there in his top hat doing his Slash routine?

That's an insult at a regular show, let alone the induction of Guns N Roses into the hall of fame.

my god i just rewatch the clip i've posted ( i have not watch it in ages) and it seems to me that Zakk is a soulful shredder while BBF is so out of place and so soul less shredder, he got nothing to do with this band, i'm so glad that he left...

At first he seems that way, but you very quickly realize after hearing a bunch more from him, that once you've heard a Zakk solo, you've sort of heard them all. The last time he played with any soul or creativity was probably back in Book Of Shadows or the first BLS album. After that, he's sort of defaulted to the same runs, the same licks, almost even the same structure.

still better than bumblefoot

i know it's trendy to trash Zakk, but at least he has got his own signature sound and solos

Sacred. Special or whatever. I reckon the Hall could have had both line ups there with some combo line up or both bands playing.

Why though? Who except for you, Tiny Robot, Jarmo and Axl actually wanted that cabaret band to play?

Any sane person managing that event would just scoff at such a though - first, the audience and the viewers didn't fucking want it and second, have you even considered the logistical nightmare of getting that many musicians and their back line onto a stage, together but separate, all sound-checked and ready to go?

Slash to stop playing and let DJ Asshat take over??....its laughable.

I don't see your average fan being as fanatical. Do you understand that it would a chance to cut out that pettiness. We know this isn't the inductee band but Axl wants to play for the Hall, is that okay? Izzy and Duff may join him on stage. Maybe Myles joins for Classic line up.

Just for once put that stuff a side? It's laughable your not Slash kind of proves my point. Bitterly holding on to the blame Axl thing and missing the chance to mend some fences.

• Like 1

Sacred. Special or whatever. I reckon the Hall could have had both line ups there with some combo line up or both bands playing.

This is assuming it was up to the HOF. As far as I know, Axl wanted his band to perform only. So, the only petty crybaby bitter here is Axl. While I agree with his decision not to attend, I find his supposed 'requests' terribly off.

Imagine if it happened that way though? The originals are inducted. We here all these eulogies by Green Day on how incredible they all were. Then, Axl and the circus trot out on stage to play live. It would be like teasing us with full blown sex only to permit us a smelly finger behind the bike shed.

• Like 2

I don't think Axl made any requests.

A compromise could have been found. It's all about the gesture. Just an idea.

There's obvious hostility to Axl so maybe it's just real like that.

But people talk about a reunion. But they've never done anything to help that situation.

Edited by wasted

I didn't think he said I want my band to play or I'm not coming. Still think a compromise could have been found why not. First Slash play Mr Brownstone then Axl plays Estranged then they jam Paradise City.

A compromise where former members are not acknowledged and rewarded for things they're responsible for, i.e. Appetite for Destruction and the Illusions. His cover band had nothing to do with the HOF, yet the fact that he wasn't there was to protect his cover band's interests, whatever they are.

Rose added that his reasoning behind the message was personal and neither meant to offend, attack or condemn any GNR members who decide to attend the induction. He also hinted that, since Guns were announced as inductees, hed worked with Hall officials to find an appropriate solution to the very real problem of who would be inducted under the name of Guns N Roses, hoping to avoid a complicated or awkward situation.

But, apparently, no solution could be reached.

I feel weve been polite, courteous and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out, Rose wrote. Taking into consideration the history of Guns N Roses, those who plan to attend, along with those the Hall for reasons of their own have chosen to include in our induction and how those involved with the Hall have handled things [it] doesnt appear to be somewhere Im actually wanted or respected.

It seems like Axl wanted to play with his band but not exclusively. It's like he didn't want the classic line up not to play or be inducted. It's just the Hall wanted a reunion. So Axl was meant to go alone and then not play while Myles went up there. That wasn't going to happen.

I just see the chance for something positive to have happened. Taking the most negative scenario of New Guns playing while others get inducted is a bit obtuse.

Edited by wasted