ZAKK WYLDE Remembers Jamming With GUNS N' ROSES: 'It Was A Good Time'

Rdeyahlxp

Slash felt threatened by this guy and dissed him before trying. What an insecure guy Slash is.

Slash was THE lead guitarist in GnR, a band he helped create and his wingnut singer decided it would be a good idea to bring in another high profile lead guitarist. How the fuck do you think Slash felt about that. Because your Axl Rose fandom blinds you to no end and creates this unexplainable hatred towards Slash let me paint a scenario that maybe even you can comprehend. Imagine Slash decided it would be a good idea to bring in another high profile singer. Let's say Slash wanted to write and create GnR music with..... Chris Cornell. I wonder how Axl wouldve felt about that? He's now gotta share the lyrics and vocals with a singer who is arguably as good as he is. I wonder what kind of nasty shit Axl would've said about Slash for doing such a thing. Seriously dude you've become such an Axl Rose zealot you're basically a parody of yourself at this point. Axl bringing in Zakk would be like the New England Patriots bringing in Aaron Rodgers. My apologies if that perfect analogy is lost on you.

• Like 2

I'm imagining this

Even worse - it's missing the part where he kicks the stool down, sets the piano on fire and rips that absolute monstrosity of a solo that seems like it was written for another tune altogether. :lol:

Like every other ballad solo he ever did except Mama I'm Coming Home?

• Like 2

Slash felt threatened by this guy and dissed him before trying. What an insecure guy Slash is.

Or rather unlike Axl, Slash had the foresight to know that you don't need too many cooks in the lead guitar kitchen

Thing is, Slash tried it but even Zakk said it doesn't work.

The next GNR record probably should have been Snakepit and whatever ballad Axl had like This I Love. It might have bombed but they could have just done some bombs around that time and then return to form later.

Axl likes to take his time with his aiming before he shoots.

Zakk would only fit in Guns as a lead player and then without Slash in the band. They both have that same dominating guitar persona going for them, so both on them on stage would've looked weird. He would have been a great replacement for Slash tho, if Axl decided to push forward with Duff, Sorum etc. still in the band in 1996.

indeed

and we would probably get a hard rock album instead of this newGNR fuckery (don't get me wrong i like CD, but i like the classic GNR music more)

People would not be picking at Axl if he replaced Slash with a hard rock/metal player who actually played hard rock and perhaps fans would tolerate the whole "new band" situation

Question is: Do Axl still want to play classic rock vibe songs or not

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

On a side note, Zakk 4 bumble replacement?

Zakk is much more talented and higher profile guitarist than to play on Axl's cover band

He would never agreed to join THIS Axl and this "GNR in 2015 ( i mean as a member)

This performance was OK, but Axl still could do better in 2011

He have a succesfull band/solo career and maybe he can get hooked up with Ozzy at some point after Sabbath final tour. Ozzy still got a 2/3 record deal and Gus G. pushing forward his own projects

Believe me I get that. He's the guy who inspired American Sniper. He taught us all a valuable lesson in patience.

But if Axl took on a more management role he could have given Slash what he wanted to keep the ball rolling.

Plus every member can release an album on their own then get back together...

Probably wouldn't work out either, but still would be a better situation than what went down in reality

Edited by Strange Broue

my god i just rewatch the clip i've posted ( i have not watch it in ages) and it seems to me that Zakk is a soulful shredder while BBF is so out of place and so soul less shredder, he got nothing to do with this band, i'm so glad that he left...

At first he seems that way, but you very quickly realize after hearing a bunch more from him, that once you've heard a Zakk solo, you've sort of heard them all. The last time he played with any soul or creativity was probably back in Book Of Shadows or the first BLS album. After that, he's sort of defaulted to the same runs, the same licks, almost even the same structure.

• Like 1

I think Axl came out and said that Zakk wanted $2,000,000 up front and his own tour bus, to join the band full time. I guess Zakk left that bit out. Slash's ego wouldn't have liked Zakk as a full time member, not a chance.

• Like 1

At first he seems that way, but you very quickly realize after hearing a bunch more from him, that once you've heard a Zakk solo, you've sort of heard them all. The last time he played with any soul or creativity was probably back in Book Of Shadows or the first BLS album. After that, he's sort of defaulted to the same runs, the same licks, almost even the same structure.

Yeah over the years I think he has devolved into an awfully tasteless caricature.

Some of the ballads he an Axl could of written together though :o

crossed with this

:laugh:

Hang on, is this real? Or is it one of those overdubbed parody videos?

I mean, that solo is atrocious. I know DJs solo on TIL is a favorite forum joke, but I never listened to it until now.

There's no way that's real, right?

Another example of Axl having no idea of what he's doing. He wanted to take GNR to the next level and make a more modern sound and hires basically Slash on steroids? A guy who plays heavy metal and has southern rock influences? Lol Axl.

Edited by maynard
  • Like 3

Some of the ballads he an Axl could of written together though :o

crossed with this

:laugh:

Hang on, is this real? Or is it one of those overdubbed parody videos?

I mean, that solo is atrocious. I know DJs solo on TIL is a favorite forum joke, but I never listened to it until now.

There's no way that's real, right?

well , yeah ... he's that bad

Zakk and Slash together? I mean had Zakk continued with the Pride and Glory style it could have maybe gelled... but both guys are lead players, first and foremost, guns need the guitar player who plays the rhythm and has a great feel, Like Izzy or Richard or even Gilby.

Zakk 88-95 was one hell of a player, he had a great sense of melody and he could rip the fretboard a new arsehole, But he's one of the only examples of a guitar player that has melodically regressed as he aged. Technically he's still as good as ever... he just doesn't know when to stop, when it's best to rip and when it's best to chill out... important things to know as a lead guitar player, but he's doing just fine so I doubt he cares about a little criticism.

• Like 2

I remember when Ozzmosis came out and Ozzy was showing off Joe Holmes to the press and saying how he had to let Zakk go cause he couldn't decide if he was going with him or Guns- anyway, I thought Old LA Tonight from that album had a very GNR feel to it and would be a good example of what he could do with them.

No More Tears has a strong LA hair metal sound going on too, a bit of a step away from the heaviness of No Rest.