ZAKK WYLDE Remembers Jamming With GUNS N' ROSES: 'It Was A Good Time'

Rdeyahlxp

I don't think Axl made any requests.

What? Axl said he tried to work something out with the HOF. Read his letter for Christ's sake.

What you are forgetting is that certain posters on here have lost their ability to think with reason when it comes to Axl.

They paint Axl in this really positive light, and just assume that he is right or doing the right thing and that everybody else is in the wrong or is out to get him.

Having a legit conversation or debate with them is fruitless.

The RnR HOF thing could have worked out.

Slash could have attended a GnR show.

Slash and Axl could have sat down at Axl's kitchen table and talked.

CD could have been released years earlier.

Music Videos could have been released for CD.

CD2 could have came out years ago.

All the late shows could have started on time.

BBF could have stayed in the band.

GnR could have been prepared at RIO.

Axl could have promoted Chinese Democracy.

New songs or deeper cuts could have been played on any of the last couple of tours.

All of those things have ONE COMMON DENOMINATOR. But Wasted, as cool of a poster as he is, will tell you how each one of those situations was somebody else's fault!!! These guys think that normal music fans look at Axl Rose the way that they do - like he is a God.

Nobody wanted to see DJ and Pitman on stage jamming to GnR tunes at the RnR Hall of Fame. Axl fought for what he thought was right (for his current band). Good for him for sticking up for them. BUT in the end, who was the real loser? The fans. The fans. The fans. The fans. The fans - the people who have financially supported Axl since 1987. That's my biggest complaint with Axl, other than the fact he doesn't share his music. In all his decisions, the "fans" never seem to enter into the mix in determining what he does.

I don't see how he could go on his own. It was a weird situation with no easy answer.

He is a grown man, holy sh*t. And he wouldn't have gone alone.

His entire new band could have went with him - just not jumped on stage to perform the hit song they wrote - SCOM. Oh wait......

Axl could have came out looking like a hero in this situation. Instead, he took the usual Axl route.

And I'd bet money that the rest of the new band wanted NOTHING to do with this. Tommy and Richard and those boys, I bet they didn't want to get on stage and play and then be mocked and ridiculed in the rock press/fan forums as being hired hands, replacement players and "why the f*ck were those guys on stage?"

I'd bet money the rest of the band would have been 100% satisfied going to the show but not stepping foot on stage, while Axl played 3 songs with the classic line-up. Everybody wins in that case. Fans are thrilled. Old band gets their time in the sun. Rock press is extremely positive. New band handles the situation with class. Everybody wins.

The whole HoF show was a fiasco without Axl and Izzy there....

The induction should have never happened knowing the tense situation between ex-members. I'm pretty sure they wanted to force a reunion to gain something.

What was the rush to induct this band?

It ended up being a shit show with Myles KenOMFG singing :facepalm:

I don't see how he could go on his own. It was a weird situation with no easy answer.

His entire new band could have went with him - just not jumped on stage to perform the hit song they wrote - SCOM. Oh wait......

Axl could have came out looking like a hero in this situation. Instead, he took the usual Axl route.

And I'd bet money that the rest of the new band wanted NOTHING to do with this. Tommy and Richard and those boys, I bet they didn't want to get on stage and play and then be mocked and ridiculed in the rock press/fan forums as being hired hands, replacement players and "why the f*ck were those guys on stage?"

I'd bet money the rest of the band would have been 100% satisfied going to the show but not stepping foot on stage, while Axl played 3 songs with the classic line-up. Everybody wins in that case. Fans are thrilled. Old band gets their time in the sun. Rock press is extremely positive. New band handles the situation with class. Everybody wins.

This will depend on how you want to see it. For example, when the whole HOF thing was going on and Axl sent that letter, I agreed with him. See, if the main reason he didn't attend was because he didn't want to be involved with the past and continue to support his new band, it's perfectly understandable he didn't want to be there, but then, being the stubborn, crybaby, bitter man he is, he declined his induction, and also strictly requested that no one could speak on his behalf. That part of the letter was full of bitterness and no amount of "...but I don't begrudge!" could mask that.

He questioned the HOF and their true reasons and what they are. He came to "find" that they were not what Axl wanted to be involved with, simply because they did not meet Axl's requirements. He said, and I quote:

"Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things... no offense meant to anyone but the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected."

Any sane person but the Axl lunatics will perfectly understand that he did not agree with who they were inducting. So, who should have been inducted, Axl? DJ Ashba and Chris Pitman? :lol:

Axl let the other guys do whatever they wanted since Axl himself detached from the show, induction and organization. In 2012, Axl voice was utter shit anyway, so it was better that he was a no-show, otherwise he would have embarrassed Slash, Duff, Matt and Steven. The performance at the HOF was great and I, as a fan, was happy that the other guys were not as childish as Rose.

I don't think Axl made any requests.

What? Axl said he tried to work something out with the HOF. Read his letter for Christ's sake.

What you are forgetting is that certain posters on here have lost their ability to think with reason when it comes to Axl.

They paint Axl in this really positive light, and just assume that he is right or doing the right thing and that everybody else is in the wrong or is out to get him.

Having a legit conversation or debate with them is fruitless.

The RnR HOF thing could have worked out.

Slash could have attended a GnR show.

Slash and Axl could have sat down at Axl's kitchen table and talked.

CD could have been released years earlier.

Music Videos could have been released for CD.

CD2 could have came out years ago.

All the late shows could have started on time.

BBF could have stayed in the band.

GnR could have been prepared at RIO.

Axl could have promoted Chinese Democracy.

New songs or deeper cuts could have been played on any of the last couple of tours.

All of those things have ONE COMMON DENOMINATOR. But Wasted, as cool of a poster as he is, will tell you how each one of those situations was somebody else's fault!!! These guys think that normal music fans look at Axl Rose the way that they do - like he is a God.

Nobody wanted to see DJ and Pitman on stage jamming to GnR tunes at the RnR Hall of Fame. Axl fought for what he thought was right (for his current band). Good for him for sticking up for them. BUT in the end, who was the real loser? The fans. The fans. The fans. The fans. The fans - the people who have financially supported Axl since 1987. That's my biggest complaint with Axl, other than the fact he doesn't share his music. In all his decisions, the "fans" never seem to enter into the mix in determining what he does.

I just took it for granted Axl wouldn't play with Slash. So next best thing would be a compromise. And coming from Duff, Slash might have helped. It could have been a cool gesture. Yes we understand what happened. And now support Axl. Like Duff and Izzy have done by playing live with Axl. Just defuse the situation.

Be realistic Axl wasn't going to play as Guns with them. This what they could do.

Of course as I said Axl could play with them. That's the normal thing any of us would do.

I don't see Axl as a god, I see him as normal but with some problems that get misinterpreted.

I try to see his side of it but its gets turned into you are anti-Slash.

Apart from keeping the name what has Axl done that is so bad?

Struggle to make a record?

Go on stage late?

The problems come from the name and there's two sides to it.

I can also say that as much as Slash said some things Axl could take issue with he also said great things about him as a lyricist singer.

You guys keep arguing over the hall of fame thing...it's pointless. The facts of that situation was nobody was going to write a big enough check to get them all in one room.

Why reunite for the hall of fame when they can reunite for millions of dollars? I'm sorry but fans do not matter in this situation. It would have been financially irresponsible for Axl to show up, people want to pay for the first reunion, not the second.

If Axl ever decides to join Slash on stage it will be for an 8 figure check...not a three song hall of fame garbage performance.

But carry on...I'm sure if you read between the lines of Axl's open letters that you will find all the answers. Try reading it backwards...

• Like 1

You guys keep arguing over the hall of fame thing...it's pointless. The facts of that situation was nobody was going to write a big enough check to get them all in one room.

Why reunite for the hall of fame when they can reunite for millions of dollars? I'm sorry but fans do not matter in this situation. It would have been financially irresponsible for Axl to show up, people want to pay for the first reunion, not the second.

If Axl ever decides to join Slash on stage it will be for an 8 figure check...not a three song hall of fame garbage performance.

But carry on...I'm sure if you read between the lines of Axl's open letters that you will find all the answers. Try reading it backwards...

So you are saying if the classic lineup performed three songs together at an awards show that they wouldn't get paid in the future for a full scale reunion?

You think a reunion tour would pull in specifically how much? You said eight figures, so somewhere between 10 and 99 million dollars. How much?

How much would that figure decrease if they played three songs together at an awards show?

Truth

Exactly. And I'm glad he didn't do it too. Fuck those HoF crappers!

If ever reunite, go on a worldwide tour and let all fans in the world enjoy it properly, not on television for just a few industry assholes,sitting in the front row.

I agree.

And f*ck Axl for participating at the HOF the prior two times as well.

And f*ck Axl for playing Rosario Dawson's wedding for Hollywood elites......and for playing a wedding for those arrogant rich people!!!

Only play for the true fans. Unless, of course, he gets paid big money!!!!

I agree.

And f*ck Axl for playing Rosario Dawson's wedding for Hollywood elites......and for playing a wedding for those arrogant rich people!!!

Haha so true. Axl fans tend to forget about those events filled with integrity and art.

I agree.

Haha so true. Axl fans tend to forget about those events filled with integrity and art.

And Slash is a liar for life because one guy said he tells white lies to look cool.

Can you imagine living life and making opinions solely based on how it looks to a 50-year old rock singer? Smh.

I agree.

And Slash is a liar for life because one guy said he tells white lies to look cool.

Can you imagine living life and making opinions solely based on how it looks to a 50-year old rock singer? Smh.

See, Axl makes financially good decisions. Sure he wasn't paid for inducting Elton John or who knows what he got for Rosario's wedding, but the guy will never have to work the rest of his life. He's been paid to play private shows and he's stuck a middle finger to ideas worth millions. He acts on his on accord, but to reunite for the Rock and Roll hall of fame would be dumb.

He said it when he inducted Elton John, the RNRHOF is something he doesn't understand as an entity. Those words were spoken again in his open letter.

So he doesn't like the organization that is the rock hall of fame, he's not getting paid close to what he's been offered for a reunion with slash, slash is going, they are inducting the appetite band and UYI tour guys, but not his current version of the band. They said hey show up, give a nice speech, and sing a few songs. Well that's great and all but what incentive did Axl have besides honoring himself for his great work on legendary albums? So that people can say Axl is inflating his ego? No the guy just rationalizes things different and chose not to go. Probably the most Rock n roll thing to happen that week.

They said hey show up, give a nice speech, and sing a few songs.

Wrong. It's not obligatory to perform. Again, he didn't have to show up, it's understandable since he kept using the Gn'R name with other members. His version of Guns N' Roses has not accomplished jack shit, therefore his band had nothing to do with honoring the past, but Axl was and still is part of that new band, so he had the right to stay home. But, he refused induction and questioned the HOF and their actions, well, that's weird -- considering he was happy when they announced the induction.

Probably the most Rock n roll thing to happen that week.

:facepalm:

• Like 1

The fact that nobody was interested in his new band at the Hall of Fame is evidence that new gnr has been an unanimous failure and is not seen as the legitimate band. Axl cannot face this fact, so he decided to stay away. This is a guy who wanted to re-record Appetite with his new band. He wanted to re-write GN'R's history with himself, centre stage. There is no way he could stand sitting listening people praise Slash.

• Like 2

They said hey show up, give a nice speech, and sing a few songs.

Wrong. It's not obligatory to perform. Again, he didn't have to show up, it's understandable since he kept using the Gn'R name with other members. His version of Guns N' Roses has not accomplished jack shit, therefore his band had nothing to do with honoring the past, but Axl was and still is part of that new band, so he had the right to stay home. But, he refused induction and questioned the HOF and their actions, well, that's weird -- considering he was happy when they announced the induction.

:facepalm:

Everytime I see you quote me I know it's going to be bad haha you are what happens when a fan is disappointed too many times.

Not mad at you, I actually find your emojis funny. They are usually well timed.

But yea back on topic, idk what Axl actually thinks about this. If only he had only written an open letter so we know!!

You know what's Rock n roll? Go out there and play. Not refusing to. That SCOM and that Paradise City the guys played that night. That was Rock'n'fucking Roll. Go out there and deliver! Staying at home isn't rnr in the slightest.

Edited by Free Bird

You know what's Rock n roll? Go out there and play. Not refusing to. That SCOM and that Paradise City the guys played that night. That was Rock'n'fucking Roll. Go out there and deliver! Staying at home isn't rnr in the slightest.
Holy shit! You are right.

http://youtu.be/RPRZxEQSRkg

But again. The money guys! This is about the money. What Axl did was sacrifice his name in order to make these guys millions on the reunion tour. I've been quoted twice now on saying Axl's letter was the most rock thing to happen. But who cares. It's about the money. That's not cool. But it's smart,

Edited by IncitingChaos

So you are saying if the classic lineup performed three songs together at an awards show that they wouldn't get paid in the future for a full scale reunion?

You think a reunion tour would pull in specifically how much? You said eight figures, so somewhere between 10 and 99 million dollars. How much?

How much would that figure decrease if they played three songs together at an awards show?

Based on the current skill set of a reunited lineup I would say that interest would die fairly quickly after the first show.

Second- you are letting hbo air the reunion first. At no charge. The better idea is announce a reunion, have fans pay to come see you, then towards the end of the run do a VMA performance or something. Then you get to release the tour blu Ray afterwards with collectors edition and behind the scenes crap. See all this money coming in.

Third- I'm not saying you can't do this stuff with a hall of fame reunion but it brings down the hype a bit. It's like Slash said, "it will only be cool for 5 min"

As far as money goes- I can't give you a specific figure of what is lost or gained by going a specific route. I'm not a financial expert, and I'm not sure quite how high that number would go if we did have a reunion. I think a 2006 reunion would have fetched the most, and 2015 reunion would fetch far less. If they played the hall of fame I think the number comes down a bit also, but yea. That's just my opinion. Why let hbo host your reunion? There's more incentive to do it yourself and maximize profit for themselves.

Edited by IncitingChaos