ZAKK WYLDE Remembers Jamming With GUNS N' ROSES: 'It Was A Good Time'

Rdeyahlxp

"For the record, I would not begrudge anyone from Guns their accomplishments or recognition for such. Neither I or anyone in my camp has made any requests or demands of the Hall Of Fame. It's their show not mine."

Can't find it anywhere. That was just my impression.

I don't have to defend Axl. I interpret what he says and does. I don't always agree with his actions but above all, I try to understand where he's coming from first, instead of hating him for the sake of hate (as it is the cupcake fashion here). Why should I be against the vocalist of the band that I love? "what's the logic behind it?" :shrugs:

Well you talking about hate... I don't think here is anybody who "hates" Axl.

Some just don't agree with his actions. Talking critical about Axl is considered hate and that's the big problem here.

Do I hate him for not showing up to the hof? Of course not.

But I would loved him for doing so.

Edit: I don't know why people exclude the possibility of both, recording and touring, when talking about a reunion.

A reunion will most likely never happen. I know this. It's visionary. But IF they ever reunite, I'm pretty sure not just for touring.

Edited by Free Bird

The worst things about the Rock Hall is the decision on what lineup to induct, and how some bands never "make the cut" and it drives their fanbases crazy. We pretty much knew as soon as they announced which members in GNR were being inducted, that Axl wasn't going to show up.

But Slash was always talking shit about Axl during that tour. Isn't that tour the demise of the band?

Talking shit or talking the truth?

I can't believe people like you defend Slash when he talked so much shit for so many years. It's been shown time and again on this forum that every word out of Slash's mouth since 1991 has been a direct attack on Axl. Axl didn't start this war, he survived it. The cancer started it and continued it. Evil, evil cancer who never should have been in the band in the first place. Only Axl haters disagree.

But Slash was always talking shit about Axl during that tour. Isn't that tour the demise of the band?

Depends who you ask?

But the amazing era of Matt and Gilby was when two members had already gone and Slash and Duff weren't really enjoying Axl walking off every other show or showing up late.

I don't have to defend Axl. I interpret what he says and does. I don't always agree with his actions but above all, I try to understand where he's coming from first, instead of hating him for the sake of hate (as it is the cupcake fashion here). Why should I be against the vocalist of the band that I love? "what's the logic behind it?" :shrugs:

Some just don't agree with his actions. Talking critical about Axl is considered hate and that's the big problem here.

Edit: I don't know why people exclude the possibility of both, recording and touring, when talking about a reunion.

A reunion will most likely never happen. I know this. It's visionary. But IF they ever reunite, I'm pretty sure not just for touring.

I talk about hate because that's what I see everyday here: hatred.

There's a huge difference between being critical of someone and being just an asshole. Very few members in this forum make their point criticizing Axl and his actions using a tone that is not harsh or mocking.

Most comments are mockery, jokes, judgements and in general negative in a sense that doesn't feel right. So I'm sorry, but I believe such horrible feelings can only come from hate. Inner frustration related to things that are not related to GN'R or Axl. Probably some sort of mental disorder.

As for the reunion thing.... my logic is that if they couldn't make an album together in 1995 and seeing how long Axl takes to make his music, making a record now sounds visionary. Of course, people change and people learn their lessons... if Axl somehow is willing to submit himself to the way Slash and the rest of the guys create songs, maybe something comes out, but I find it hard..... Slash said the vibe back then was really bad... how is it now? I dont know, but if Axl still dislikes Slash I really doubt they can make a record together.

Slash, Duff, Matt could have collected the award then played. Then Axl could have gone up with Izzy to accept their awards and played with new Guns. Doesn't seem impossible.

But the royal HoF wanted a forced REUNION.

• Like 1

Why people think that if GNR reunited in the HoF it would be EXCLUSIVELY to the HOF and its audience? Of course few people would witness it live. But it still could be watched and enjoyed by, well, the entire world on TV. Wouldn't that also be kinda cool? Or Axl shouldn't "play their game" as well? Aren't Axl fans and Axl himself just taking everything too seriously then?

"They wanted to trick him" - I'm sorry but reading stuff like that just makes me think Axl fans are a

bunch of 15 years old, beliebers-like girls.

People act like a ten minute performance would have killed attendance figures for a reunion tour three years later.

The lack of logic at times is flabbergasting.

There's a huge difference between being critical of someone and being just an asshole. Very few members in this forum make their point criticizing Axl and his actions using a tone that is not harsh or mocking.

Most comments are mockery, jokes, judgements and in general negative in a sense that doesn't feel right. So I'm sorry, but I believe such horrible feelings can only come from hate. Inner frustration related to things that are not related to GN'R or Axl. Probably some sort of mental disorder.

As for the reunion thing.... my logic is that if they couldn't make an album together in 1995 and seeing how long Axl takes to make his music, making a record now sounds visionary. Of course, people change and people learn their lessons... if Axl somehow is willing to submit himself to the way Slash and the rest of the guys create songs, maybe something comes out, but I find it hard..... Slash said the vibe back then was really bad... how is it now? I dont know, but if Axl still dislikes Slash I really doubt they can make a record together.

Slash, Duff, Matt could have collected the award then played. Then Axl could have gone up with Izzy to accept their awards and played with new Guns. Doesn't seem impossible.

If they disliking each other it's impossible for them to tour, either.

Of course it is visionary but if there will ever be a reunion these two guys have to clear lots of shit up, that's for sure.

I can't believe people like you defend Slash when he talked so much shit for so many years. It's been shown time and again on this forum that every word out of Slash's mouth since 1991 has been a direct attack on Axl. Axl didn't start this war, he survived it. The cancer started it and continued it. Evil, evil cancer who never should have been in the band in the first place. Only Axl haters disagree.

Daimn you're right. I'm a fool :lol:

I'm just glad we were saved from seeing how outraged fans would have been if Axl had joined Guns on stage. It would have been a betrayal, such a slap in the face to the real fans. No one would have ever bought another copy of Chinese Democracy.

It would have flushed everything Axl had been fighting for down the toilet. I can't believe anyone who had been paying attention could have actually entertained the idea that they might reunite.

I always found it slightly strange there was no Izzy & Axl at the HoF, I mean those guys wrote the majority of the Guns back catalogue.

Well, who needs them. We got Matt and Gilby!!!!

I'm just glad we were saved from seeing how outraged fans would have been if Axl had joined Guns on stage. It would have been a betrayal, such a slap in the face to the real fans. No one would have ever bought another copy of Chinese Democracy.

It would have flushed everything Axl had been fighting for down the toilet. I can't believe anyone who had been paying attention could have actually entertained the idea that they might reunite.

I always found it slightly strange there was no Izzy & Axl at the HoF, I mean those guys wrote the majority of the Guns back catalogue.

Well, who needs them. We got Matt and Gilby!!!!

:headbang: Two original members for two hired hands, cool!

• Like 1

That's what I started off saying, and no one in the band like Slash or Duff stepped up to say that wont happen but let's cut Axl in on this he wants to play.

There's never been much sympathy for the Axl.

No one in their right mind really thought they would reunite at the HOF. Everyone knows Axl is way too much of a bitch.