The Psychology of Axl

IncitingChaos

Does anyone think Axl falls into the category of Borderline Personality Disorder?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder

Symptoms include:

Markedly disturbed sense of identity

Intense or uncontrollable emotional triggers

Unstable interpersonal relationships and self-esteem

Concerns about abandonment

Self-damaging behavior

Impulsivity

Frequently accompanied by depression, anxiety, anger, or rage

This topic will probably be moved, but I found the symptoms interesting and how well it fit Axl. Maybe some would agree, but I imagine this will turn into an argument. Share your opinions as always. I hope this topic isn't offensive.

Who knows... If he does, I wish him well. Psychological disorders are no joke. People who suffer from them deserve a lot of understanding and in some cases sympathy.

In any event, this kind of discussion definitely belongs in the forum's Civil War section.

• Like 1

Who knows... If he does, I wish him well. Psychological disorders are no joke. People who suffer from them deserve a lot of understanding and in some cases sympathy.

In any event, this kind of discussion definitely belongs in the forum's Civil War section.

That's what gets me every time. Axl has had enough cash to see a million therapists yet he's still as fixated and spiteful as ever when it comes to Slash. Where's the healing?

Was there nobody he ever sat on a couch with that eventually went:

"For fuck sake, would you ever let it go man, it was twenty fucking years ago, you sound like such a bitch; you are way better than this!!!"

• Like 3

That's what gets me every time. Axl has had enough cash to see a million therapists yet he's still as fixated and spiteful as ever when it comes to Slash. Where's the healing?

Was there nobody he ever sat on a couch with that eventually went:

"For fuck sake, would you ever let it go man, it was twenty fucking years ago, you sound like such a bitch; you are way better than this!!!"

No more likes to use but I like this.

Someone seriously needed to bitch slap him at some point. It's very clear that whatever his issues are or have been that he's been 100% enabled by his handlers, yes men and leeches. Sad but true. Nobody has ever stood up to him. He's been coddled like a fucking 2 year old. I wouldn't be surprised if half his issues now boil down to that. Nobody ever saying Fuck You Axl.

Mental issues aren't something to laugh at but when you've seemingly surrounded yourself with people who do nothing but praise the ground you walk on how the fuck will anyone ever be half way normal?

• Like 2

Huumm treating psychological disorders with a bitch slap ...

How come no one thought about it before?

Maybe because we don't live in the caves anymore?

Maybe because this isn't the middle age?

I don't know ... maybe we should just burn the witch?

or just give the guy a pass to stay a spoilt child forever which is what you'd obviously do.

Look how that turned out for him.

But lets say it bi polar. mood swings. So that's just like kind of normal then something triggers a manic episode. Shit goes south. But when it's over it's like back to normal again.

There's nothing to learn about it. Once they calm down its not the same person. So actually keeping Axl undisturbed could be the best way. The only way. Telling bi Polars to go fuck themselves has no lasting effect. So yes men is the way to go.

If he's a real narcissist then again you can't change that. I don't think he is. He doesn't lack empathy.

And no therapist is going to say go call Slash the co dependent. Get back together with your junkie friends that will be good for you!

• Like 2

or just give the guy a pass to stay a spoilt child forever which is what you'd obviously do.

Look how that turned out for him.

Were we talking about being childish or about having psychological disorders?

I don't know which is the case of Axl ... but I was only talking about psychological disorders, because that was what people were talking about ...

Again, no matter what, you don't treat psychological disorders with a bitch slap.

Lol yet another diagnosis on this forum. So he's now bi polar, ocd, borderline disorder, narcissist personality disorder...what else?

He may not hate Slash that much anymore, he just doesn't want anything to do with him. Why does he have to make friends with someone just because 20 years have passed? Is there a time limit involved?

• Like 2

Lol yet another diagnosis on this forum. So he's now bi polar, ocd, borderline disorder, narcissist personality disorder...what else?

He may not hate Slash that much anymore, he just doesn't want anything to do with him. Why does he have to make friends with someone just because 20 years have passed? Is there a time limit involved?

Damn ... I wish I made this post ... :heart:

Aren't you the guy who in another topic said that Slash should have been a man and came over and PUNCHED Axl instead of badmouthing him in the press???

Edit: found Gunner's exact quote about what Slash should do to Axl

"I would say that Slash would deserve much more respect if he just did it in the right way ... just bitch slap that motherfckr like a man."

SMH

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

Aren't you the guy who in another topic said that Slash should have been a man and came over and PUNCHED Axl instead of badmouthing him in the press???

Maybe he meant a bitchslap, then therapy like Marc suggested. First you slap the sense into Axl, cause that works. He does this himself occasionally.

Problem is I think: yes men don't bitchslap. They enable. I think GUNNER PT suggested tough love by using the Sean Connery method, which is encouraging logical thinking through the determined bitchslapping of a bitch.

We all know how it goes:

"I would say that Slash would deserve much more respect if he just did it in the right way ... just bitch slap that motherfckr like a man."

SMH

LOL

Are you trying to be mean on purpose by taking my words out of context?
Is that hard to see I was being ironic? C'mon I even mentioned this same thread when I said that ... here's the complete quote:

Regarding the kind of treatment that some people are defending in here:

http://www.mygnrforu...l/#entry3960791

I would say that Slash would deserve much more respect if he just did it in the right way ... just bitch slap that motherfckr like a man, instead of whining to the press, like a rat.

C'mon, you're not being honest man ... can't you do better than that?

Enough.

SMH

LOL

Are you trying to be mean on purpose by taking my words out of context?
Is that hard to see I was being ironic? C'mon I even mentioned this same thread when I said that ... here's the complete quote:

Regarding the kind of treatment that some people are defending in here:

http://www.mygnrforu...l/#entry3960791

I would say that Slash would deserve much more respect if he just did it in the right way ... just bitch slap that motherfckr like a man, instead of whining to the press, like a rat.

C'mon, you're not being honest man ... can't you do better than that?

Enough.

How am I not being honest?

I posted what you said.

In this topic you are going off on how we aren't cavemen who use violence to solve a problem.

In another topic, you said Slash should go bitchslap Axl "like a man" to solve their problem.

Holy Crap. I'm posting YOUR quotes and somehow in your mind that isn't being "honest?"

And how are we supposed to know that you are being "ironic"????? Maybe the poster in this topic who said Axl needed to be slapped was just being "ironic" as well???? Why is it OK for you to say that somebody needs to bitchslap somebody "like a man" but then you get mad and offended when somebody else says that Axl should get slapped? Why the double-standard?

So confusing.

I don't think we have a diagnosis.

But there's a lot of people talking about Axls violent moods from Stiler, Everly, Niven, Dougie, Izzy, security guards everywhere.

Duff has said he has empathy for Axl because he suffers from something as uncontrollable in panic attacks. So right there, that's a pointer.

Far be it for us losers to come up with diagnosis and think we can solve it. But I think there's a legit insight into why things in GNR happen certain ways.

I've never got why Slash never got that or played it like its for no good reason. Maybe he did but it just got lost in the media. I give the benefit of the doubt.

Steven. Why I guess the more fucked up you are the less forgiving you are of others. He seems like an innocent. Of course someone acting like Axl does sometimes is an asshole.

I just wonder if the uncontrollable element is factored in.

I don't know if Axl has a bipolar or borderline disorder, and being honest, I don't care. All I know is that he's a big disappointment and a joke.

You did diagnose him with ocd though not long ago:

"I have said the same thing but people always confuse being a perfectionist with being a OCD paranoid. Axl is definitely the latter.

If you think about it. He's very similar to Howard Hughes."

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/210298-axl-perfection-dilemma-lyrics-vs-instrumental-vs-voice/page-2

Edited by seagullview

I don't know if Axl has a bipolar or borderline disorder, and being honest, I don't care. All I know is that he's a big disappointment and a joke.

"I have said the same thing but people always confuse being a perfectionist with being a OCD paranoid. Axl is definitely the latter.

If you think about it. He's very similar to Howard Hughes."

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/210298-axl-perfection-dilemma-lyrics-vs-instrumental-vs-voice/page-2

Yes. Do you know who Howard Hughes is? Axl has always reminded of him. People thought he was a perfectionist but he suffered from a severe case of OCD.

If you think about it. He's very similar to Howard Hughes."http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/210298-axl-perfection-dilemma-lyrics-vs-instrumental-vs-voice/page-2

Yes. Do you know who Howard Hughes is? Axl has always reminded of him. People thought he was a perfectionist but he suffered from a severe case of OCD.

Yes of course I know who he is although I didn't watch the movie about him. I mean yeah they probably got some similarities, I was just pointing out that you gave him a diagnosis.

If you think about it. He's very similar to Howard Hughes."http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/210298-axl-perfection-dilemma-lyrics-vs-instrumental-vs-voice/page-2

Yes of course I know who he is although I didn't watch the movie about him. I mean yeah they probably got some similarities, I was just pointing out that you gave him a diagnosis.

Never said I didn't?