Axl demands a free rematch of MayPac

The fight was not a ripoff and whoever says otherwise doesnt know shit about boxing. Mayweather is the champion, and if you want to beat champion you have two options

A- Beat the shit out of him so that nobody can deny that you should win

B- KO

Obviously both things didnt happen.

Other people are talking about the hug and running bullshit. You know what? That is a technique and Mayweather used it because he knew that he would get less hits. Why go and expose yourself if you can play the defensive way and win easily?

And lets not forget the fact that Mayweather is american, the judges were american and the fight took place in the USA.

Oh, and the numbers speak for themselves.

fight-scorecard_3289928k.jpg

Im not trying to defend Mayweather but all the rip off thing is bullshit, boxing consists in hitting without getting hit.

So basically what im saying is that Axl's tweets are shit as usual, except for the no PPV part (Here in Argentina was for free anyway, so i dont really care).

You're right. Pacquiao couldn't have won either way- bad arm or not. He couldn't have won if Mayweather only had one good arm and he had two. Whether the injury is being thrown out as an excuse, a justification for rematch, or whether the Pacquiao camp is lying completely, or all the above it wouldn't and it doesn't matter. The end result is, was, and will be the same.

Floyd was and is a "great" fighter. Pacquiao was never any better than "good"- even at his best he wasn't great...and he really hasn't been all that good for a while now. I think the rematch will be even more decisive. I just hope that the cop outs and excuses end with Floyd's unanimous decision in the rematch. Even if he desperately needs the money Pacman is above all that nonsense. Perhaps its all just promoter smoke-screen marketeering.

LOL :facepalm:

Pacquiao is an excellent fighter. He's way more of a fighter than Floyd. Pacquiao is searching the fight while Mayweather is trying to escape. Floyd may be the more successfully boxer because of his speed and technical skills but Pacman is without a doubt the better fighter.

Some people may like Mayweather's boxing style more but I prefer Pacquiao's fights 'cause they're more entertaining to me.

I don't necessarily like his boxing style better. Pacquiao may be more entertaining or exciting to watch, but say to that he is or was a better fighter than Mayweather is patently ridiculous. I really don't think people comprehend how great a fighter Mayweather is. It goes back to what I was saying about him being so dominant that he makes it look easy- which in a way kind of discounts his own greatness because he is so much better than anyone else that the fights appear boring. He is the last of the all-time great fighters. Its a shame he generally doesn't get rated historically higher- he's technical brilliance and in-ring ability will never be see again. All things considered you've got to put him amongst the greats of all time. He should range somewhere between the top 10-25 fighters to ever do it and certainly and clearly he is by far the best fighter of the last 20-25 years. I think that goes without saying.

Edited by Mr. Dude

I've missed all the recent tweets. Did Axl mention any details about the follow-up (or round 2) to the 2008 album release or about another upcoming tour? Did he clarify the BBF situation?

No.

Anything at ALL about Guns n Roses?

I've missed all the recent tweets. Did Axl mention any details about the follow-up (or round 2) to the 2008 album release or about another upcoming tour? Did he clarify the BBF situation?

No.

Anything at ALL about Guns n Roses?

Nein. Negative. Nope. Uh-huh. So on. So forth.

Not everybody who tweets opinions ends up on the Rolling Stone site. Well mine don't, anyway.

But...he's giving you information...that's what you all wanted!

Gunner PT likes this comment

Why do the majority here have to critique everything the man does, you say this is't have your own way, you sure it is't do it my way

He likes this comment too

Man ... are you doing this again? Really? I didn't even post on this thread ... I don't even like boxing ...
WTF do you have to be referring to me again?

Btw ... I think that this thread it's a nice fest ... thumbs up to Axl for giving us something to laugh of ... always cracking jokes :lol:

The fight was not a ripoff and whoever says otherwise doesnt know shit about boxing. Mayweather is the champion, and if you want to beat champion you have two options

B- KO

Other people are talking about the hug and running bullshit. You know what? That is a technique and Mayweather used it because he knew that he would get less hits. Why go and expose yourself if you can play the defensive way and win easily?

And lets not forget the fact that Mayweather is american, the judges were american and the fight took place in the USA.

Im not trying to defend Mayweather but all the rip off thing is bullshit, boxing consists in hitting without getting hit.

So basically what im saying is that Axl's tweets are shit as usual, except for the no PPV part (Here in Argentina was for free anyway, so i dont really care).

You're right. Pacquiao couldn't have won either way- bad arm or not. He couldn't have won if Mayweather only had one good arm and he had two. Whether the injury is being thrown out as an excuse, a justification for rematch, or whether the Pacquiao camp is lying completely, or all the above it wouldn't and it doesn't matter. The end result is, was, and will be the same.

Floyd was and is a "great" fighter. Pacquiao was never any better than "good"- even at his best he wasn't great...and he really hasn't been all that good for a while now. I think the rematch will be even more decisive. I just hope that the cop outs and excuses end with Floyd's unanimous decision in the rematch. Even if he desperately needs the money Pacman is above all that nonsense. Perhaps its all just promoter smoke-screen marketeering.

Pacquiao is an excellent fighter. He's way more of a fighter than Floyd. Pacquiao is searching the fight while Mayweather is trying to escape. Floyd may be the more successfully boxer because of his speed and technical skills but Pacman is without a doubt the better fighter.

Some people may like Mayweather's boxing style more but I prefer Pacquiao's fights 'cause they're more entertaining to me.

Calling Pac the better "fighter" in some weird arbitrary sense doesn't mean anything. It's like saying "Sure, Gretzky scored a zillion points but [insert name here] is a better hockey player because I like it that way" (Go ahead and adjust for your sport of preference). You can say that the fight wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing thing in the world and few would argue with you. But if Pac was the better fighter, he would have won. Or even threatened Floyd more than twice in the entire fight. Fact is, he couldn't cut off the angles, couldn't pivot and even when he lunged in, he didn't look good. He also got hit almost a hundred times more than Floyd did. But sure, better fighter, have at it.

As for Axl, I will join in the chorus of people saying that choosing to make that statement is one of life's great ironies.

With that approach Pacman could have shoulders crafted of onyx or whatever and he'd lose on any planet, at anytime against Mayweather if he fought like his usual pristine, calculated self. Pacquiao can beat Mayweather if he plays to his strengths and Floyd makes mistakes, it's fine margins, problem is Floyd don't make mistakes and he adjusts on the fly, Pacquiao is not anywhere near the talent Mayweather is, he doesn't have to be but there are more ways to beat Pac than Mayweather.

One of them is hugging him to death.

Axl always tries to deliver the best show. He's doesn't knowingly go through with something for the money.

Overall it's our fault for wanting them to fight so bad. The fight itself did highlight a things they need to re-record. Holding should be banned and points is a shitty way to decide. When boxers are fighting to win on points, then it's problem as a spectator sport.

When Tyson is disappointed then its legit.

The PAC shoulder injury meant he couldn't fight for real.

Rematch!

Edited by wasted

Axl says the customers are always right? Is that so? Then reunite with Slash and stop faking that YOU and your "band" are Guns N Roses! Give us (the customer) a reunion show, broadcast it live from the Ritz for free!!!! Do it!

Why do the majority here have to critique everything the man does, you say this is't have your own way, you sure it is't do it my way

Your fanatical love for Axl blinds you. Nobody is critizing what he's doing. We're criticizing him for what he's NOT doing. The man has done nearly fuck all in 20 years except try and bullshit his fans, some of them delusional enough to believe it, that HE is Guns N Roses. It's hilarious to see a man demand something for fans of boxing yet he's done fuck all for his own fans for 20 years.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2

I guess if Axl said were doing a reunion show. Then showed up with Dj on guitar, then I'd get that he cheated the fans.

Or he blew his voice out and couldn't sing the night before the reunion show. Instead of cancelling he just went through with it for the HBO money.

Not doing a reunion just isn't the same thing at all.

I guess if Axl said were doing a reunion show. Then showed up with Dj on guitar, then I'd get that he cheated the fans.

Or he blew his voice out and couldn't sing the night before the reunion show. Instead of cancelling he just went through with it for the HBO money.

Not doing a reunion just isn't the same thing at all.

I guess if Axl said he's playing a show in Vancouver in November 2002 and then 30 minutes after the doors to the venue were supposed to open a security guard comes out to announce the show is cancelled and we later find out that Bill wasn't even in Canada that would be giving the fans what they wanted and paid for. The guy is a god among gods. So good to the fans.

• Like 1

B- KO

Calling Pac the better "fighter" in some weird arbitrary sense doesn't mean anything. It's like saying "Sure, Gretzky scored a zillion points but [insert name here] is a better hockey player because I like it that way" (Go ahead and adjust for your sport of preference). You can say that the fight wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing thing in the world and few would argue with you. But if Pac was the better fighter, he would have won. Or even threatened Floyd more than twice in the entire fight. Fact is, he couldn't cut off the angles, couldn't pivot and even when he lunged in, he didn't look good. He also got hit almost a hundred times more than Floyd did. But sure, better fighter, have at it.

As for Axl, I will join in the chorus of people saying that choosing to make that statement is one of life's great ironies.

Of course Pacman is the better fighter. Mayweather barely is a fighter. He is a counter-puncher and he is one of the best in it. It's nothing somebody can deny but to call him a fighter? Lol never.

Again, I'm not saying he isn't the better boxer, but he just isn't the better fighter.

Is Klitschko a fighter? No. He is very athletic but a fighter? Lewis was a fighter. Mike Tyson was a fighter. Mayweather isn't a fighter.

And to be honest, I haven't seen Floyd's "victory" that clear as the jury did. Don't trust any jury at all. I'll bet in Manila the exact same fight with another jury wouldn't have been rated the same way.

Axl always tries to deliver the best show. He's doesn't knowingly go through with something for the money.

Are you forgetting he admitted he couldn't drop the GNR name otherwise he would face financial suicide?

Are you forgetting the wedding gig he played for money?

There are a lot of people here who do not know a terrible lot about the sweet science. The way some of you are acting it as if, clinching was invented the day before Mayweather/Pacquiao, and that, Mayweather is the first fighter to win his victories by slipping and counter punching!! But apparently counter-punchers are not, ehh, 'fighters' anyhow!

Stick to Rocky IV or WWF wrestling in future.

• Like 1

Are you forgetting he admitted he couldn't drop the GNR name otherwise he would face financial suicide?

Are you forgetting the wedding gig he played for money?

It's not the same as knowing one guy is injured and going ahead with the fight.

Axl saying he's doing it for the money and you showing up is something different.

Like if they let us know that PAC was injured, don't expect a fight. We still might watch.

Axl was saying CD was just a record, it was a struggle etc. if he said this it the record to blow AFD away, sounds exactly the same as old band. Then yes. But he said you might like one or two songs, I tried something different. It's not the same as money buying Ferraris and telling everyone he's bigger than Ali. Then hugging for 14 rounds.

This was the fight of the century with a one armed fighter. And Money still only got a points decision. Rematch, rematch, rematch!

Edited by wasted