Axl demands a free rematch of MayPac

How dare he post on twitter, have opinions and watch TV instead of reuniting with Slash!

Slash!! In actual fact, just doing something - anything - musically would be a tremendous improvement. It is hard to take someone's criticisms of this professional fight and these athletes seriously, emanating as they do from a person who sits on his couch all day long munching hot dogs rather than being active in his very own profession of music.

I'm with Axl on this, rematch, no holding, and no fucking PPV (BUT, I want MORE injuries, they barely even bled godammit!).

Think of it, had Pacquiao won, Axl would probably have found the motivation to put out a new album.

It would appear this particular bit of social media does require it's own thread. I apologize for the earlier merge.

It wasn't a bad merge. It's hard to know which of his tweets are going to be ridiculous enough to warrant their own platform. :lol:

• Like 1

Why do the majority here have to critique everything the man does

Because the man hasn't done anything worse of praising for a while. It's either critique or ignore, most of the time.

There are other forums where people can see it as something cool or positive. This is not that place.

Why do the majority here have to critique everything the man does, you say this is't have your own way, you sure it is't do it my way

No one is critiquing everything he does. Some though, such as myself are pointing out the obvious. It's humorous (in a bad way) to me that someone who has spent a great deal of time ignoring fans would have the nerve to put "Don't duck the fans" on twitter.

Why do the majority here have to critique everything the man does, you say this is't have your own way, you sure it is't do it my way

No one is critiquing everything he does. Some though, such as myself are pointing out the obvious. It's humorous (in a bad way) to me that someone who has spent a great deal of time ignoring fans would have the nerve to put "Don't duck the fans" on twitter.

I would tend to disagree on this point. As Duff said "music is not a competitive sport." I see what you're saying, but I don't think there is correlation enough between the nature of athletes and artists enough to draw the comparison. Though I suppose it could be said that art is a sport all its own or that sport is an art all its own. Still though, the rules are different. I admit and agree its still kinda funny though.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Probably because everything Axl Rose has done since he took fully control over the name "Guns N' Roses" has been deplorable?

And yes, "don't duck the fans" coming from Rose, it's rich.

Axl put blood, sweat, tears, $15 million dollars, and 15 years of his own life in Chinese Democracy. I just don't think anyone can accuse him of selling the fans short.

Axl put blood, sweat, tears, $15 million dollars, and 15 years of his own life in Chinese Democracy. I just don't think anyone can accuse him of selling the fans short. One thing that cannot be questioned is his integrity.'

imo

But this doesn't change the fact that Axl feels 'entitled'. How is this different than how his own fans feel?

Talk about hypocrisy.

I don't feel entitled to anything. What bums me out is everyone from Axl on down claiming that the best is yet to come and there's so much music we haven't heard ready for release.

• Like 1

The fight was not a ripoff and whoever says otherwise doesnt know shit about boxing. Mayweather is the champion, and if you want to beat champion you have two options

A- Beat the shit out of him so that nobody can deny that you should win

B- KO

Obviously both things didnt happen.

Other people are talking about the hug and running bullshit. You know what? That is a technique and Mayweather used it because he knew that he would get less hits. Why go and expose yourself if you can play the defensive way and win easily?

And lets not forget the fact that Mayweather is american, the judges were american and the fight took place in the USA.

Oh, and the numbers speak for themselves.

fight-scorecard_3289928k.jpg

Im not trying to defend Mayweather but all the rip off thing is bullshit, boxing consists in hitting without getting hit.

So basically what im saying is that Axl's tweets are shit as usual, except for the no PPV part (Here in Argentina was for free anyway, so i dont really care).

Edited by GNRfanMILO

Not everybody who tweets opinions ends up on the Rolling Stone site. Well mine don't, anyway.

But...he's giving you information...that's what you all wanted!

Gunner PT likes this comment

He likes this comment too

Mayweather is a counter-puncher. There was not anything particularly different in the way Mayweather approached this fight, then prior fights of his: he slipped shots, evaded a scrap, tied his opponent up and counter-punched with the jab. You can tell from these tweets that the only boxing fight Axl had ever seen before Mayweather/Pacquiao is the end of Rocky IV.

Edited by DieselDaisy

The fight was not a ripoff and whoever says otherwise doesnt know shit about boxing. Mayweather is the champion, and if you want to beat champion you have two options

B- KO

Other people are talking about the hug and running bullshit. You know what? That is a technique and Mayweather used it because he knew that he would get less hits. Why go and expose yourself if you can play the defensive way and win easily?

And lets not forget the fact that Mayweather is american, the judges were american and the fight took place in the USA.

Im not trying to defend Mayweather but all the rip off thing is bullshit, boxing consists in hitting without getting hit.

So basically what im saying is that Axl's tweets are shit as usual, except for the no PPV part (Here in Argentina was for free anyway, so i dont really care).

You're right. Pacquiao couldn't have won either way- bad arm or not. He couldn't have won if Mayweather only had one good arm and he had two. Whether the injury is being thrown out as an excuse, a justification for rematch, or whether the Pacquiao camp is lying completely, or all the above it wouldn't and it doesn't matter. The end result is, was, and will be the same.

Floyd was and is a "great" fighter. Pacquiao was never any better than "good"- even at his best he wasn't great...and he really hasn't been all that good for a while now. I think the rematch will be even more decisive. I just hope that the cop outs and excuses end with Floyd's unanimous decision in the rematch. Even if he desperately needs the money Pacman is above all that nonsense. Perhaps its all just promoter smoke-screen marketeering.

Edited by Mr. Dude
  • Like 1

B- KO

You're right. Pacquiao couldn't have won either way- bad arm or not. He couldn't have won if Mayweather only had one good arm and he had two. Whether the injury is being thrown out as an excuse, a justification for rematch, or whether the Pacquiao camp is lying completely, or all the above it wouldn't and it doesn't matter. The end result is, was, and will be the same.

Floyd was and is a "great" fighter. Pacquiao was never any better than "good"- even at his best he wasn't great...and he really hasn't been all that good for a while now. I think the rematch will be even more decisive. I just hope that the cop outs and excuses end with Floyd's unanimous decision in the rematch. Even if he desperately needs the money Pacman is above all that nonsense. Perhaps its all just promoter smoke-screen marketeering.

LOL :facepalm:

Pacquiao is an excellent fighter. He's way more of a fighter than Floyd. Pacquiao is searching the fight while Mayweather is trying to escape. Floyd may be the more successfully boxer because of his speed and technical skills but Pacman is without a doubt the better fighter.

Some people may like Mayweather's boxing style more but I prefer Pacquiao's fights 'cause they're more entertaining to me.