I met Kevin Smith aka Silent Bob (Director of Clerks,Mallrats)

Subtle Signs

I went to see Kevin Smith perform one of his four sold out shows this weekend in Buffalo. It was basically a Question&Answer session. He ended up performing from 10 PM until a little after 1 am. I'm not into Star Wars so his long tale of being on the set for the filming of the new one wasn't terribly interesting to me but he still made it funny. If you are a fan of his films, I suggest checking him out if he comes to your town. After the show he came outside and chatted with the 10 or so fans that stuck around.

twitter_normal.jpg KevinSmith @ThatKevinSmith · May 19

BUFFALO! You're one of my favorite cities because you love hockey & smell of @LuckyCharms! Thanks for selling out my @HeliumComedyBUF shows!

https://twitter.com/thatkevinsmith

kevin%20smith_zpshgqncnya.jpg

• Like 4

I think he's underrated as a writer/director. This whole universe he created. But yeah he's not Tony Scott level technician, he's like Sesame Street with an extreme close up. Still Clerks, Mall Rats, Jay n Silent Bob Strike Back, Clerks 2.

Red State is pretty good. Obviously I'm a huge Cop Out fan.

• Like 1

I saw him in that movie where he talks to animals at a zoo or something. It was pretty dumb.

It's something I'd take my kids to and hide a flask in my sock, if I had kids.

You're thinking of Kevin James. Totally different dude.

Paul Blart and Chuck & Larry were entertaining.... don't know if I'd call them "good."

I liked Dogma, I remember Chris Rock being really good in that and basically stealing every scene he was in. I liked Mallrats and Clerks but haven't seen them for years, not in any rush to re-watch to be honest I don't think I'd enjoy them as much as the 18 year old version of me did. Didn't he do Empire Records aswell. That was a fucking good film.

He's actually doing a trilogy of horror movies on the sly. Red State, Tusk, and another is coming. It's called the North trilogy or something.

Clerks 2 was good as he developed those characters and Clerks 3 is coming soon. He's just fished writing Mall Rats 2.