Tobias?

Estranged Coma

Does anyone here honestly really think Paul Tobias is an important figure in the history of rock music?

Seriously guys: no one cares about him. 5 people out of 4 billion doesn't count for much.

I Guess those 5 people are his Father, Mother, Axl, Gunner PT and Wkuk

This constant reference to me as a poster, constantly misquoting me, constantly putting words in my mouth, won't change anything regarding the facts ... in a matter of fact it only proves how I am right most of the time.

Where did I said Paul Tobias is an important figure in the history of rock music? Go read better ... I even said he is a "nobody" ...

That's the funny and absurd reality about what happened ... Slash, the guitar hero, give up from GN'R like a crying baby, because of a "nobody" ... how ridiculous and absurd this can be? It must to be hard to his fans to deal with this reality ...

More ... you can replace GUNNER PT for Matt Sorum, on your post ... Paul Tobias must be really important to him, otherwise he wouldn't consider him as the Yoko of GN'R. :lol:

Does anyone here honestly really think Paul Tobias is an important figure in the history of rock music?

Seriously guys: no one cares about him. 5 people out of 4 billion doesn't count for much.

I Guess those 5 people are his Father, Mother, Axl, Gunner PT and Wkuk
You could make the case he is as important as any of the current gnr members sans axl.. Haha

Also it seems Tobias didn't even want to be a iconic rock figure. He didn't even want to tour. Just came in to hang with his buddy axl who asked for help. Those quotes from duff and slash say he didn't say much or do anything good. So why the animosity towards him? If axl wanted to give him izzy control then I get it but it seemed he just wanted a familiar songwriter he had previously worked with.

Once my english is laughable and some people can't (or don't want to) understand it, please let me take your words ... that's exactly what I think about this ...

Interesting enough is that they already had people who would work with them on music like Wes and del? So why not accept Tobias as a songwriter at their level. Seems that's what he was brought in for. That Matt post is hilarious to me where he calls Tobias "yoko." Haha that's a far strech to me from a guy who was just pist he got fired. I just can't fathom how if your duff or slash that you see Tobias as much more then an extra body laying around the studio like del and Wes.

I think the band was just falling apart and every decision made by Axl pist off slash and vice versa.

What else .... :shrugs:

Nah ... it's easier to say Axl was a dictator. :lol:

Actually, by those quotes Rovim posted, looks like Axl was the only one who tried to do something to keep the band rolling ...

You do realize that Slash and the rest of the band were the ones writing together, jamming at each other's houses, spending time together in the studio writing and recording and there was one band member who barely participated - right???

The way you twist facts to downgrade Slash and prop up Axl is absolutely remarkable.

• Like 2

Interesting enough is that they already had people who would work with them on music like Wes and del? So why not accept Tobias as a songwriter at their level. Seems that's what he was brought in for. That Matt post is hilarious to me where he calls Tobias "yoko." Haha that's a far strech to me from a guy who was just pist he got fired. I just can't fathom how if your duff or slash that you see Tobias as much more then an extra body laying around the studio like del and Wes.

I think the band was just falling apart and every decision made by Axl pist off slash and vice versa.

What else .... :shrugs:

Nah ... it's easier to say Axl was a dictator. :lol:

Actually, by those quotes Rovim posted, looks like Axl was the only one who tried to do something to keep the band rolling ...

You do realize that Slash and the rest of the band were the ones writing together, jamming at each other's houses, spending time together in the studio writing and recording and there was one band member who barely participated - right???

The way you twist facts to downgrade Slash and prop up Axl is absolutely remarkable.

Rest of the "band" atleast the core brain trust equals slash and duff at this point. Axl saw Gilby as a touring musician. Sorum got a little more credit from Axl it seems.

No downgrading of slash here, just don't see Tobias as that much of a threat so wonder why he did.

Seems slash felt same way of Tobias as Axl did of gilby.

• Like 1

Axl tried to keep GNR rolling by bringing in random musicians, not showing up for rehearsals and not writing a line of a song #Axlfanlogic.

The sad - and amazing - part is that some of these posters really believe all that to be true.

How do you have a logical conversation with somebody who is using that sort of reasoning?

• Like 1

Axl tried to keep GNR rolling by bringing in random musicians, not showing up for rehearsals and not writing a line of a song #Axlfanlogic.

The sad - and amazing - part is that some of these posters really believe all that to be true.

How do you have a logical conversation with somebody who is using that sort of reasoning?

I take it you're not a fan of Jesus either then- considering his lack of new material.

Edited by Mr. Dude
  • Like 1

The only conversation that occurs is us, reasonable people, proving them wrong and having a laugh or two in the process. I can't complain tho, MYGNR used to have way more nutters. The ones here right now amuse me.

They made too big a deal out of it. Also get real. Izzy left, you have Matt on drums. The dream line up. You don't just bring just anyone into GNR.

"Fine," Axl said. "How's this: you guys try him out on your own, give him a few days."

Tobias was just there to help Axl write and do a basic job with Slash.

But Axl should of let Gilby work with them.

I think Tobias totally enables Axl to do epic ballads, that they really didn't want to do.

On the other side I don't get Duff and Axl rejecting Slashs southern rock? Seems viable to me.

They made too big a deal out of it. Also get real. Izzy left, you have Matt on drums. The dream line up. You don't just bring just anyone into GNR.

"Fine," Axl said. "How's this: you guys try him out on your own, give him a few days."

Tobias was just there to help Axl write and do a basic job with Slash.

But Axl should of let Gilby work with them.

I think Tobias totally enables Axl to do epic ballads, that they really didn't want to do.

On the other side I don't get Duff and Axl rejecting Slashs southern rock? Seems viable to me.

Yeah I don't see why Axl didn't like gilby, wish he would have got along with him in the studio.

But can you just make yourself be creative with a person you don't feel you are with? Idk I'm not a musician.

I take it you're not a fan of Jesus either then- considering his lack of new material.

Haha thanks I literally lol'ed at that.

Not sure why y'all feel the need to call posters out on their opinions since this is basically a thread of shit we have no inside information about.

I mean if you think slash is dumb so what, if you think Axl is a prick cool.

Also I'm not sure if y'all have read through the thread. It's been mostly just a little chat of wondering what went through these guys heads to reject Tobias (slash duff) and gilby (Axl).

Wylde came in and it didn't work out, why isn't he called yoko? That's all I'm rly saying, I find it odd Tobias was seen as such a large act of betrayal. So I figured it's probably just the fact slash was tired of axls shit and Axl tired of slash. The end.

• Like 1

Well if the so called CD2-CD3 material is ever released, his stamp will be on it. He has written alot of stuff with Axl and really good stuff too, to me two of the strongest tracks on CD TWAT and Prostitute were Rose/Tobias co-writes (Twat with Reed). So I hope he continues to work with Axl, got nothing but good things to say about Paul Huge Tobias.

Also remember that if Tobias is a key factor in keeping Axl even remotely active during 96-99 and getting him to write new stuff. Direct from Axl: "Without Paul, there would be no more Guns N Roses". So even if the state of the band is rubbish now, it is a good thing that Axl remained active. I love CD and Paul had a HUGE influence on the fact that we even have that. So a good man.

• Like 1

Gunner PT and Wkuk

GPT and WK

#Axlfanlogic.

some of these posters

The ones here right now amuse me.

Keep 'em coming ... :headbang:

Can't wait to see a thread about "The Psychology of GUNNER PT & wkuk" in the CW section ... better, maybe we could rename the forum to MyGUNNERPT&wkukForum .. I'm going to make this suggestion in the Ask Staff thread ... :headbang:

Haha thanks I literally lol'ed at that.

Not sure why y'all feel the need to call posters out on their opinions since this is basically a thread of shit we have no inside information about.

I mean if you think slash is dumb so what, if you think Axl is a prick cool.

Also I'm not sure if y'all have read through the thread. It's been mostly just a little chat of wondering what went through these guys heads to reject Tobias (slash duff) and gilby (Axl).

Wylde came in and it didn't work out, why isn't he called yoko? That's all I'm rly saying, I find it odd Tobias was seen as such a large act of betrayal. So I figured it's probably just the fact slash was tired of axls shit and Axl tired of slash. The end.

No, man ... people just want to downgrade Slash ... people are outta get him :lol:

I guess Slash downgraded himself by playing talentless-Tobias's songs and by leaving the band because of a "nobody" ... but, well ... that's just my opinion, man ...

Moved to Civil War for obvious reasons.

My theory finally comes to fruition. No Tobias thread shall ever not be locked ! And let's be honest this is as good as a lock lol. Jeez I even had 8 pages worth of Tobias talk.

Why was this thread moved? Because gunner was being told shit by Apollo and Maynard? Then the whole forum should be civil way!!!!!

• Like 2

My theory finally comes to fruition. No Tobias thread shall ever not be locked ! And let's be honest this is as good as a lock lol. Jeez I even had 8 pages worth of Tobias talk.

Why was this thread moved? Because gunner was being told shit by Apollo and Maynard? Then the whole forum should be civil way!!!!!

I would have many things to say about this, but I don't know if I should ... so, once the thread it's done, I'll just keep myself quiet for the community's (me included) sake :popcorn:

Edited by GUNNER PT

Gunner claimed that Axl tried to keep the band rolling after the UYI tour. He deserves it.

Gunner claimed that Axl tried to keep the band rolling after the UYI tour. He deserves it.

Haha atleast I got some good laughs outa my dead Tobias thread :(

• Like 1