10 Strangest Guest Guitar Appearances by Slash

Amish

I don't know what you guys have been smoking but Give Into Me is a fantastic song.

People seem to forget that Slash also played on Morphine and D.S. for MJ as well. Give Into Me is a fairly straight forward rock ballad and if this is truly meant to be a discussion about "strange guest appearances" then Morphine is far more worthy of being on the list. I don't even hear Slash on that track and have always been intrigued as to what exactly his contribution was on that one.

Totally with you re 'Morphine'. I can't work out where Slash is playing on that track. It's hugely underrated too. The orchestral section in the middle is one of the best pieces of music MJ ever did. I am assuming it's part of the industrial noises on there where Slash plays. I don't really like DS though.

I read Slash's guitar playing on GITM described as his "descending arpeggios envelop the song like spiders' webs" - or something like that. I think that was from a Rolling Stone review. It's frickin' awesome.

I don't know what you guys have been smoking but Give Into Me is a fantastic song.

Agreed. It is amazing.

Thanks for posting up the instrumental version.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...