GNR 30 years ago

Thirty years. Wow. Thanks for peacing out, Tracii and Rob.

Looks like they hadn't written any of their good songs yet. Either that or these songs are too complex for me.

Too complex for you :lol:

anyway Don't Cry was stellar on this early form

I would rather hear these simple energetic rock songs (and covers) than November Rain or Estranged or any other cheesefest for the 1000th time

These early songs were better than Chinese Democracy in full, imho

Because they were real

Edited by Strange Broue

I would rather hear these simple energetic rock songs (and covers) than November Rain or Estranged or any other cheesefest for the 1000th time

Riiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

I wish I could have seen a pre-1992 show. Then again there are kids on here who wish they could have seen a 2002 show. I was lucky enough to see a show in 92 and 2002. GnR will live forever even when old timers like me kick it as there are always new kids discovering the band for the first time.

• Like 2

Looks like they hadn't written any of their good songs yet. Either that or these songs are too complex for me.

Don't Cry, Think About You and Move To The City are great songs, all the more impressive for a band playing their first ever gig.

Don't Cry, Think About You and Move To The City are great songs, all the more impressive for a band playing their first ever gig.

Wasn't their first ever gig with a line-up though. Sure that line-up only rehearsed once, but those are Axl/Izzy songs pre Guns.

Edited by AtariLegend

Don't Cry is cheesy as hell, but I like it. I don't like the other two at all.

Riiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

why the sarcasm?

i meant it, man

I wish I could have seen a pre-1992 show. Then again there are kids on here who wish they could have seen a 2002 show. I was lucky enough to see a show in 92 and 2002. GnR will live forever even when old timers like me kick it as there are always new kids discovering the band for the first time.

yeah, i only saw them for thee first time in 2006

I would kill to hear any pre 1993 shows live

I don't think Don't Cry is cheesy. No more so than any other rock ballad.

Right, but rock ballads themselves are kinda cheesy, no?

Right, but rock ballads themselves are kinda cheesy, no?

Well, it could be argued that hard rock itself is cheesy....