Anyone here "cut the cable?" Using tv box, android box etc?

gunsguy

I bought an over-the-air digital antenna that gets me six or seven local channels. We subscribe to Netflix and my brother gives me access to his HBO GO service. For baseball we watch games through mlb.tv. Loving not having to pay $50+ for channels I'd never watch.

Forgot to mention that we route everything through Apple TV. If you have a Mac it's great as you can stream your desktop to you television. Might be able to do this with other systems, but love how easy it is and how well it works with iTunes. Never had a problem with it and it rarely fails.

The kodi app is still in its infancy and only certai channels will work with certain versions. Spend a but if time and you will find the ones which work best for you.

Its great for tv shows and films. Streamin TV and sports van be hit or miss with havin dead links but its better than payin additional costs. Sky Sports over here is 5 channela for £25 a month. So much better with the android box with a sligjt dip in quality.

Check out SlingTV. $20/month gets you A&E, ABC Family, Adult Swim, AMC, Bloomberg, Cartoon Network, CNN, Disney Channel, El Rey, ESPN, ESPN2, Food Network, Galavisión, HGTV, History, H2, IFC, Lifetime, Maker, TBS, TNT, Travel Channel. Then for an extra $5, you can get a sports package, kids package, movie package, world news, etc. They also offer HBO and on-demand for an extra $15.

I switched from Time Warner Cable (which sucked) to Verizon FiOS. It's great. More channels and less money. I even got my internet and home phone for less than TWC and AT&T. I have a High Def tv and many channels too. It's the best thing we ever did.

. It's the best thing we ever did.

Saving money on my cable and internet bill doesn't even ranking the top 1000 accomplishments of life.

Saving $50 a month on cable is really the "best thing we ever did"........wow.

Take THAT, birth of children!

. It's the best thing we ever did.

Saving money on my cable and internet bill doesn't even ranking the top 1000 accomplishments of life.

Saving $50 a month on cable is really the "best thing we ever did"........wow.

Take THAT, birth of children!
Getting to watch reruns of All In The Family and Family Ties on the cheap is a very important thing for some people.
  • Like 1